“Great concept, nice atmosphere with different, locally accumulated food.”
Review of Local - CLOSED

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 24th
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I reserved a group for my birthday, we had good service, the food was different and savory, everyone liked the large lazy Susan to share food, and that most of the food was from local sources. The unique feature is the child care service. If you purchase a kids meal, that have a large children's play area with on-site sitters. They also have a small art gallery. The only setback was no one was at the front when we all came in, we waited a good five minutes and I had to hunt someone down, as I seen other patrons had to do as well ( this was lunchtime, they were just opening and not busy ).

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We have eaten at Local a couple of times and have not been disappointed. We love all of the dietary options, but we REALLY LOVE that our kids can have fun at Localville while we eat. They have a great time, get great food, and we get to slowly enjoy our dinner.
On our last visit, my husband and I both has the Vegan Risotto. Very tasty! Keep in mind, that it is vegan, so you can't expect the rich and creamy risotto that you are used to. It was a tad under-seasoned, but that wasn't a big deal to us. We finished off our dinner with the goat cheese and pear cheesecake. Hands down THE BEST cheesecake I have ever had. (And I am very picky about dessert).
Highly recommend trying Local!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our waiter was friendly and helpful. Smoked jalapeno habiscus ritas were darn good. We started with the stuffed dates, kale salad and meatloaf and beef seasonal special. The food was exceptional especially the beef seasonal special. I typically do not order beef but the seasonal special was amazing as were the potatoes and spinach that came with the dish.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great selection. Had 4 guests, everyone got something different, and shared a bite (Family). All loved everything tasted

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Tried Local on a Friday night without reservations and my friend and I got in right away - no wait time. The hostess was very friendly and didn't make us feel bad about not having reservations. It was a more spacious restaurant than I realized - I get the idea of modern, cool, a bit hip place to eat - was a little noisy for my taste. Service was good and the staff seemed respectful which I appreciate. I ordered the Lighter portion of Fish Tacos which also came with chips and salsa. The fish taco was full of cole slaw and vegetables, but wasn't as flavorful as I was expecting - fish was on the scanty side. The salsa was awesome. Enjoyed the Buzz Bomb cake with brandied apricot ganache for dessert though not necessarily the two together. Each on its own was interesting and full of flavor. This was a tough one for me to rate - I think some people may really love this place. I enjoyed it, but was lacking something in the entrée - it fell a bit flat. Hopefully, I'll try this place again and find a dish that suits my taste a bit more.