“Try Something New”

Cross street: 24th
Oklahoma
“Try Something New”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate at Local with our daughter and granddaughter recently. We had heard about it from family and friends and wanted to give it a try. They specialize in foods made with fresh, local ingredients. We tried the homemade potato chips as an appetizer. While they were okay and plentiful, they weren't my favorite. My steak however, was delicious with a cranberry reduction sauce. My husband and daughter both had a fish special of the day, which was very tasty. The restaurant is in a strip mall and doesn't look like much from outside. The interior is modern and tables are spaced so you can enjoy a meal without being on top of the next one. We'll go back to sample other culinary delights.

• Visited June 2013

“Local is Awesome”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Im a bit jaded in this review b/c I especially love the concept of Local; that being said, I Enjoyed very much everything about eating at LOCAL in Norman, OK. Trio dip hummus very good. Market salad very good. Fish tacos in which the fresh fish flavor was dominant. The super yummy pita lived up to its name. Local offers a complete bar with a good selection of local beers on tap. Many fresh food options that all looked pleasing.

• Visited June 2013
Norman, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive, but worth it”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great food. Especially the salmon. Great place for a date if you don't have a babysitter. They have an on site supervised kid's play area. I do wish they had a lunch menu with lunch prices though. The Sunday brunch is hard to beat.

Visited November 2012
Arlington
“Just What The Name Says”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our first time to eat here. We were impressed with both the restaurant and the concept. Whenever possible they use sustainable produced food, prepare it with care and turn it into delicious fare. The inside of the restaurant is nicer than you think as it is tucked into the corner of a strip mall. Our group of ten started with cocktails which were delicious. Portions were reasonable and I had a nice salad with homemade Green Goddess dressing and a yummy goat cheese. I had the meat loaf (grass fed buffalo, lamb etc) which wonderful! I LOVED that they had two sizes of many of their entrees. The smaller size was just perfect for me. The service was good.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank markandkarenbrown
Hurst, Texas
“Fresh, Fabulous Food”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

When I drove into the old strip shopping center, I was a little concerned over my choice of restaurants for my group of Eight. We all live in Texas, and had to rely on Tripadvisor and Open Table for a recommendation. My opinion quickly changed as soon as we walked in the door of this very modern restaurant. We were seated in an alcove with banquette seating that really made it feel more intimate and gave some sound proofing. We had a round table with a Lazy Susan, that was really handy to use. All of the entrees were delicious and affordable for the quality of the food. We were very happy that many of the dishes allowed you to get a smaller portion. That left room for the fantastic desserts!

My only complaint was that when my "whole" salad arrived, I received the same portion as another couple who had split one. The waitress, while she did not agree in my assessment of the sizes, was quick to resolve the issue. The service was excellent the entire evening, even after I had made my complaint.

I highly recommend that you Eat At Local.

• Visited May 2013