“No service! ”

Zio's Italian Kitchen
Order Online
Ranked #125 of 385 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: Italian
Description: New location. Open only a few months.
Description: New location. Open only a few months.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been there twice in the past few months (once for dine in and once for a to-go order) and could not get anyone to even acknowledge us so we left. We thought the first time might have been a one-off but it appears this is their standard level of service now. And the sad part is that they weren’t even busy. Such a shame because we really enjoy their food, especially the bread and dipping sauce.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (60)

Reviewed September 28, 2019 via mobile

Hadn’t been to a Zio’s in a long time and we were craving Italian so my wife and I decided to give this a try because we used to love this place. And wow... it’s gone way downhill. Dirty seats, writing on the wall from the crayons they give you... the whole place was just gross. But we decided to power through and just hope the food was good. Ordered drinks and mine had a bug in it. Went to the restroom and it was so disgusting I wanted to walk out of the restaurant completely. Ordered an appetizer and it took forever. It ended up arriving only a couple minutes before our entree. And when our food showed up, my wife’s was completely wrong. She ordered pizza (even pointed to pizza on the menu when she ordered) and they brought her pasta. To add insult to injury, my fettuccini tasted like a frozen dinner they’d heated up. We decided to cut our losses so we paid our tab and went next door to Five Guys.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed October 28, 2018

This place is struggling. Torn vinyl table clothes, stick plastic menus and cobwebs should have been the sign that we needed to get up and walk out before we even ordered. The kitchen worked at a snails pace. The couple behind us waited 50 minutes for simple pasta dishes. We waited 30. My chicken was so bland and so over cooked that it could not even be eaten. One is our party had spaghetti and remarked that the school cafeteria has better food.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 20, 2018

The good: Fantastic interior and ambiance. The not so good: They were short staffed. Our waiter "C" was bar tending, waiting tables and taking care of lots of take out orders. She was smoked. She did good but you could see her stress! My caprese salad had 3 tomato slices about the diameter of a quarter and just a little thicker. Sad. Mozz cheese was good portions. Grilled bread slices were ok with a sloppy drizzle of balsamic. Left most of it on the plate. My wife's house special salad look very good. She ordered Italian dressing. The dressing was a balsamic based Italian dressing. She ordered a side of Ranch to temper the balsamic (not her favorite).

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 8, 2018

We're a regular at Zio's, however on 9/3/18 at 1600 we received the worst service and cold served food. Zio's wasn't even busy. It appeared to me they were training new staff and had forgotten to serve the guest that afternoon. We were very disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2018

Been to Zio's Italian Kitchen? Share your experiences!