“nothing great but it was OK”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #24 of 345 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

HI. had a quick lunch here. it was pretty good but not much better than average. I would go here before a lot of other places. its a chain so you know what to expect.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our group of 10 came here after my nephew's HS graduation and were seated within minutes. The restaurant/brewhouse is cavernous, yet not as noisy as I would have thought. It was after 10:00 yet teaming with people. This would be the perfect place to catch a Sooner ballgame!
Our waitress, Megan, was AMAZING! We were initially seated in 2 booths with 5 of us in each, but after spotting a just vacated table set for 12, we asked to move. She graciously made that happen and we helped her get us moved. That's GREAT customer service!!!
Anyway, the food was ordered and most of our group were very happy with their meals. A steak was cooked up perfectly, California Burger was delicious, and the appetizers (calamari, corn fritters, avocado egg rolls, stuffed mushrooms) were tremendous (just a little skimpy for the price). I had the shrimp tacos and was disappointed to find only 5 total small shrimp in the 2 I received. Lots of good cole slaw...but the shrimp were too scarce. My mom had a pasta dish with garlic butter sauce that was way too dry. She asked for more, and more was brought out to her.
The server(s) were very accommodating and I'm certain that if I'd complained about the lack of shrimp...I'd have gotten more in a snap.
All in all...it was a great evening and I'd definitely go back on my next trip to Norman!
I hope you have a GREAT dining experience on your visit!

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here after a whole anniversary day date with my wife. Never been, had no idea what to expect. Not a regular beer in the place. Their house blond brew was really good. We started with corn fritters and calamari then We each ordered burgers, her an 8oz bacon cheese and I had the 5oz black and blue. Both with potatoes wedges. These burgers rock. Half of hers came home on box and most of the potatoes too. I knocked mine out and then we shared a chic chip cookies with ice cream.

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Service was ok and the food was just ok. I would not go out of my way to visit this rest. in the foreseeable feature. Do not order the seafood.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

It was my first experience at BJ's and I thought it was a great experience. The atmosphere was great for what we were doing..business/recruiting dinner. The food was great..I had a Cherry Chipotle Salmon..and the brew was great as well! The noise level was acceptable and expected given the type of restaurant. It looked like a great place to hang out and catch a game or two..lots of TV's!