“Stupid Rules”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Stupid Rules”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I went to Andy's with my 6 year old son, my friend, and her 9 year old son. We were shocked by the lack of things to do for the price charged and the crazy rules enforced by the mean lifeguards. Our boys were not allowed to wear their googles (even prescription googles) anywhere in the park and I was not allowed to wear my Chaco sandals with arch support even though I'm not supposed to go barefoot! I would rather spend my money at Whitewater Bay or Frontier City! I was glad I didn't spend a lot of money since I did use a groupon. They need to get more attractions, put some slip guards down if they won't allow people to wear water shoes or sandals, and instruct their staff on how to be kinder when enforcing arbitrary rules.

5 Thank KERtravel
Kyle A, General Manager at Andy Alligator's Fun Park, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
KERtravel, this is Kyle with Andy Alligator's. Sorry you did not enjoy your visit with us. We do value each of our guests and hope you can visit us again. Our insurance & lifeguard certification agency does not allow goggles because it promotes holding your breath under water which they have deemed to be a safety risk. We do allow guests to wear sandals, just not down the water slides for the protection of the slides. I do apologize for the miss communication on your recent visit. We will work to improve for your next visit. Thank You!

florida
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Place for Little Ones”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

As a visiting grandparent, we are always looking for special places to enjoy with our five and seven year old. This place fits the bill! The water park is perfect for this age. Sooo glad that it does not attract the 'big' kids. Andy's is good for those ten and under. After that, they might be bored. The lazy river and the plentiful floats are a pleasant, relaxing diversion while he numerous water slides give the little ones some excitement. The place is spotless and well organized. Yes, food there is costly but they have a captive audience...no outside food and they will check your bag upon entering. As this was their first season, we predict that they will be building a regular pool and extend the slides for next year. This will likely mean an increase in admission as well. Let's see if my crystal ball is right on. In the meantime, enjoy!!!!

Visited July 2012
Hillsboro, Missouri, United States
“cool for kids”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was a nice place to take the kids to blow off some steam after a long road trip. Decent pizza, fun games.

Visited August 2011
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Water Park - Average Fun Park & Beware of Food”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We went there for kids' birthdays and got the Dual Pass Park ($29.95). Kids love the water park, the water bucket, and lazy river. They have gazebo and plenty of chairs. We went on the 5th of July, 2012 - this was a work day so that's probably there were not many people at the water park.
The Fun Park has similar games as Gattitown's (previously Incredible Pizza) is just smaller. They have more variety for outside entertainment such as wall climbing and racing compare to Gattitown. We ordered Pizza, Nachos, and Chicken Club. My husband said that the Pizza was one of the worst pizza he ever tasted. I had Chicken Club and late that night I started vomiting until 4 in the morning - I had food poisoning from the Chicken Club.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Dian R
Kyle A, General Manager at Andy Alligator's Fun Park, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dian, thank you for visiting Andy Alligator's and trying out our Dual Park Pass. I am glad your kids enjoyed both the water park and fun park. I am sorry to hear about your experience in our cafe. I have looked into this matter and learned that all of our meat products used as toppings at the fun park are pre-cooked before they are delivered to our park. With pre-cooked products food poisoning is uncommon. Our supplier has been notified of the problem and will be letting us know what could have happened. Thank you for spending your day with us, we hope to see you again soon!
Chandler, Oklahoma
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Love their new waterpark!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Visited Andy Alligator's as part of a company-sponsored picnic. My kids (7, 9, 18) enjoyed the go-carts, water wars, rock climbing wall, arcade and especially the new waterpark. They had lots of fun and we spent several hours there...and they were still not ready to leave!
The only issues were the problems with the bumper boats...we finally gave up on trying to ride them...and for the company event, they could have used more two-seater go-carts and/or maybe a new course for the smaller kids, to make the wait shorter.

Visited June 2012