“Some of the Best BBQ in Oklahoma”

Ray's Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #2 of 332 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: Barbecue
Duncan, Oklahoma
“Some of the Best BBQ in Oklahoma”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My huband and I and another couple ate here on December 2, 2013. I have to say...WOW! We all had great meals. Three of us had the sliced brisket. It was soooo good, and not a bit of fat on my portion. (I can't stand fatty meat.) The sauce was very good, but really, I ate most of my sliced brisket without the sauce because it was that good.

The smokehouse beans were tasty, and my husband's French fries were cooked excellently (not too soggy and not loaded with salt like at some restaurants). A member of our group had the green beans with his brisket. He liked them.The Texas toast served with the meal was warm and tasty also. The other person in our party does not eat meat, so she had the loaded baked potato with a side of collard greens. She said it was very good. The cake for dessert was excellent (We had the chocolate cake and the strawberry cake. YUM!)

The staff was friendly and competent. The establishment was nice and clean.The service was timely, and the worker brought our meals to our table after we ordered at the register. All in all, we will definitely be back to eat BBQ at Ray's.

• Visited December 2013

Norman
“One of the top 3 places in Norman for BBQ”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great staff, decent pricing and dang decent food. Ray's is a real contender, definitely a top 3 position in my opinion. to me, Ray's (along with Van's and Sooner Legends) are head, shoulders and ribs above the rest of the Q locations in Norman, and really all of Cleveland County.

• Visited October 2013
Orlando, Florida
“The Best BBQ!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

WOW! How difficult is keeping ourselves in shape eating this wonderful and delicious BBQ! Like always every time I go to any BBQ I order rips and Bake Beans and like my daughter says: OMG!
Important to say: clean place and Good Service! My husband got pork and was Fabulous! How I know? Because I got a bite, hmm, hmm, hmm!

• Visited September 2013
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“This may have been the tenderest BBQ”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We enjoyed our meal here, but it wasn't the best BBQ that we have ever had although it might have been the tenderest. The Turkey was disappointing because it was what I call reconstituted Turkey Breast rather than smoking a real turkey breast or a whole bird. The ribs were meaty and tender and the pulled pork was tender as well. The sides we had were very good as well.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 46749
Norman, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best BBQ in Norman”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My Wife and I love this place. Never been disappointed by the food or service. Good lunch deals as well.

• Visited July 2013