“Not goin back.”

Gaberino's Homestyle Italian Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 340 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Description: We are a family owned and operated restaurant, serving made from scratch Italian Cuisine, including handmade pasta and Seasonal Specials. Come casual with your family or dress up for a romantic date night. We offer a ariety of high point beers and our wine list is comprised of the best Italian Wines selections. Order our French Press Coffee and enjoy with our made in house Italian Cream Cake or other desserts from local vendors like il Dolce Gelato and La Baguette Bakery. Join us for our delicious Sunday Brunch served from 11am-2pm. Call us for take out and take and cook meals! We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed December 11, 2012

small cramped ,food had no sauce on it. service was very slow.
can't say more than this wasn't comfortable space.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Good food, good service, friendly people. Only negative is never changing menu. Quiet place for conversation and date.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Limp lettuce in the salad and soggy noodles in the spaghetti combine to produce a horrible dinner. The waitstaff was friendly and service was good. However, great service does not compensate for the horrible food---we won't go back!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Good food and very personalized service. Cute little place. I would go back.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

When visiting Oklahoma City - after a quick tour of the OU campus in Norman we decided Italian sounded good for lunch. Searching for a restaurant using my Garmin’s "Points of Interest" feature, we decided to try this place based on the name “Gaberino’s Homestyle Italian” and drove right to it. It’s tucked away in a little strip mall; but don’t let the fact that it is small with a limited number of tables discourage you. (Red checkered table cloths and fresh flowers on each table was a nice touch to the décor, and gave the place the home-style its name promised.)
We ordered the Garlic Cheese Bread as an appetizer along with an item from their summer menu which consisted of cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese balls, and basil, skewered on a pick and served with a homemade sweet balsamic vinaigrette.
My husband kept it simple by choosing a “create your own pasta” item consisting of Fettuccine, Alfredo sauce, and adding lemon pepper chicken – which was seasoned to perfection.
I opted for one of Gaberino’s specialties: Chicken Lasagna Florentine. The way all of the flavors were blended had my taste buds going crazy after the first bite. I don’t know if I can recall ever eating something so wonderful.
Even though we were full, we were tempted to try the Italian Cream Cake for dessert. Unfortunately, they had sold the last piece of cake the night before; so we left without dessert. I noticed on their menu that they offer carry-out and catering. I just wish they offered “mail order” because I would pay to have it shipped to me even though I live 350 miles away. It was that good! (The service was excellent too, and prices were reasonable!)

1  Thank Wants2see50states