“Nice & Busy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Interurban
Ranked #25 of 329 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Moore, Oklahoma
“Nice & Busy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Good food and excellent service. Stays very busy on the weekends!

Visited January 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Average food and mediocre service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I went there with a group of about 25 colleagues for a business lunch in late July 2011. A reservation had been made for our large group, so we were seated in a separate room. Despite a reservation having been made and there only being a limited menu of four or five items, the wait staff seemed thoroughly overwhelmed. It was a struggle to get even iced tea out to the table in timely fashion. The food was slow in coming; a couple of orders were served incorrectly. I ordered an almond-chicken entree and was not particularly impressed. Even if prepared adequately, it was bland, and the portion was not very generous.

I did not pay for the meal, but I am guessing that the price is high because this is considered "fine dining" in Norman. It probably really deserves 2-1/2 stars, but I wanted to emphasize that it was somewhat less than average in overall quality -- hence a rating of two stars. With all this in mind, I do not recommend Interurban.

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Glad I Tried in Again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

It has been awhile since I ventured into Interurban. In its original location in downtown Norman, the food had become bland and lacked good taste. When it opened its new location on the westside of I-35, I ventured there once, but had not been back for some time.

I am glad when I had family in town they suggested it, because I discovered a gem!

I had the salmon and rice, with veggies. And it was really good. Having grown up on the west coast of the US, I have found that few restaurants in this part of the country even know now to do salmon correctly. Often frozen, many restaurants doctor it up with so many seasonings it hardly tastes like salmon (there is even another restaurant in Norman that brags their salmon is farm raised...are you kidding me? You farm raise Catfish, not salmon!). Now I am sure this was frozen at Interurban, but the flavor was really good.

The family I was with enjoyed everything from a full salad to baby back ribs, to sandwiches and quesadillas. And everyone had a great experiences. The wait staff was awesome, the food came out quickly and was hot; the salad was fresh, and those beer muffins were awesome!

I will definitely add this to my places to eat list in Norman!

• Visited March 2012
Norman, OK
“Pretty good restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Pretty good restaurant. Average food. Good location.

Norman, Oklahoma
“Wide array of food choices...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

Something for everyone. Pizza, Bar B Que, Mexican, Steaks, Salads... you name it and it's probably on their menu. Best Sunday Brunch in Town.

1 Thank sdavis3908