“Wonderful Anniversary Dinner”

Whispering Pines Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Whispering Pines Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 327 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: SH 9 just east of 72nd ave SE. South side of the road
Norman, OK
“Wonderful Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was our first time at Whispering Pines Restaurant. We agree with the other reviews. The food was wonderful, and we had a very relaxed dinner. I had the duck which was really good. My husband tried the Salmon. Everything was delicious and the presentation of the food is first class. I loved the dressing on the Spring Salad. We shared a free dessert since it was our anniversary. We will return.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank astronomer1

norman, oklahoma usa
“Exceeds expectations!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We spent our 21st anniversary dinner here tonight. kudos to the chef and staff. once again, it exceeded our expectations.
i had the surf and turf. the shrimp was so perfectly done it tasted like lobster. the steak was amazing. i love the marselle wine sauce,
my husband had the salmon. the champagne sauce was outstanding.
the salad dressing on thenmixed greens is delicious
we had our favorite wine- mondani and topped off our meal with the flourless chocolate cake. to die for....

we have decided after five straight perfect meals this will be a yearly tradition for our anniversary and we will frequent the restaurant more often.. we took a stroll of the grounds after our meal and enjoyed the grotto.
ps our children love to stay here when in town, they love the breakfast served....highly recommend.......

Visited June 2013
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I made our 2nd visit here last weekend. It's hard to believe this place is not better known. Martinis were cold. Service was perfect. Steaks were excellent (wife had filet, I had ribeye). Shrimp cocktail was delicious as were the salads. Be prepared to spend some money, but we consider it money well spent. Will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2013
Norman, Oklahoma
“Still Outstanding Food and Service”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Last experience was totally, over-top-outstanding; therefore, made a reservation for my wife's birthday. Again, Whispering Pines, on the eastern outskirts of Norman, Ok, is by far the best restaurant in the Oklahoma City metropolitan area and a special place for intimate occasions, like quite birthdays, etc.
The waitstaff treated my wife like royalty which made me a happy camper.
Read my last review - still top flight.

• Visited March 2013
Norman, Oklahoma
“Romantic atmosphere”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Greeat place afor a dinner wityh your best half. Cozy, good food, good servoce, although very classical.