“McNellie's is about the beer, but the food is good too.”

McNellie's Abner Ale House
Ranked #46 of 327 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Norman, Oklahoma
“McNellie's is about the beer, but the food is good too.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great place to see locals and have a beer. The food is good, but not the primary attraction. Very friendly staff.

Visited November 2012

Norman, Oklahoma
“Favorite pub”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We had our wedding rehearsal get together here, it's our favorite local pub. The food is decent and the beer selection is the biggest in town.

Visited July 2012
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Good food, cozy friendly atmosphere.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Love eating here. We have lunch here several times a month. they have very good food. It is clean and the staff are friendly. We will be back again.

Visited June 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Very good to excellent pub food”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is the same establishment as McNellie's Abner Ale House, by the way.

This pub, located in the heart of downtown Norman, offers an excellent value. I dined there several times between May and July 2011 with friends; all of us were in our early twenties.

Generally, we went there for the Wednesday-evening $3 burger special. This special -- very popular, so expect a line beyond about 6:30 PM -- consisted of a hockey-puck-sized and thick hamburger with ketchup and some lettuce and onion with a generous portion of fries (standard ones; beer fries were 25 cents extra and are highly recommended). Although nothing truly special, the food was very well prepared. All of this was only $3! However, this pub is probably better known for its beer and wine selection, which was quite extensive. Unfortunately, I was not of legal drinking age last summer -- they card at the table without fail, just like every establishment in that part of Oklahoma -- but most of my friends were able to drink. They were complimentary of the rather exotic and unusual brews on the list. All the typical brews were also on the list. Wine and mixed drinks were also available. I glanced at the general menu a couple of the times I was there; prices seemed to run slightly high for Oklahoma standards.

Considering how very crowded the pub was on Wednesday nights due to this unbeatable special, I rate the service as excellent. The food was always served hot, and drinks were refilled promptly; the service was friendly.

I recommend the establishment and plan to return there if I am ever in Norman again (this time to have some beer!).

• Visited July 2011
Chicago, Illinois
“Very good to excellent pub food”
Reviewed May 28, 2012