“Ate at Tres! Also just threw up!”
Review of Tres Cantina & Grille - CLOSED

Tres Cantina & Grille
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed April 17, 2014

OMG the food was so disgusting! The Queso was a bowl of room temperature Velveeta and chips that were so salty they had to be scraped off!
The Southwestern soup looked like barf and tasted similar. After a few bites, my daughter put her napkin over it so she wouldn't have to see it! They took my daughters soup back and took it off our bill (probably threw it back in the pot).
I had the green chili stew which had to be sent back to be microwaved again. It tasted like a bowl of smoked meat with no seasoning. My mouth tasted like a smokehouse.
My son had a chicken burrito with beans and rice???? Not sure what that was but it sure wasn't rice. It was black and mushy and tasted like NOTHING!!! We aren't really sure what the meat tasted like but my son said it was disgusting.
The only somewhat success was a burger and fries.
No one ate more than a few bites of their food and SURPRISE, also no one wanted to take their food home. The waitress didn't ask if we enjoyed our food or if anything was wrong. Pretty sure she already knew!
Oh, and the salty chips I mentioned before . . . that was the ONLY thing with seasoning!
This food was SO bad. Next time I see a restaurant that is dead when all the others on the block are packed, Ill put 2 and 2 together.
In the 30 minutes since we have been home, 2 out of 4 of us have thrown up!

1  Thank First L

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I really enjoy this place. The owners have been in the restaurant business a long time and it shows. They are constantly changing the menu to become more broadly appealing and it is working. The drink specials are good and the outside patio they built is the nicest in downtown which makes it a good destination. They are doing live music there on the weekends too which appeals to a lot of folks, me included, The food ranges from okie comfort food to non tex -mex mexican so a very diverse menu which is a great thing, try it

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Had lunch here with friends. The Mexican food was very smoky! Probably the chipotle peppers. A friend had the chicken fry and enjoyed it! The table we sat at was very wobbly! You could see people had put sugar packets down trying to stop the rocking. As we were leaving, found out that there is an outside bar in the back. Next time we plan on sitting outside.

1  Thank Okie-Babs
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I used to love this restaurant but since it merged with the Mexican restaurant a couple of doors down, it has lost its appeal. New place is too noisy and the ambiance has changed too much for me to enjoy it. They do make good quiche, though.

Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Pink Elephant was unimpressive when solo. They joined up with Tres and are vastly improved.
Tres is the driving force here. While pinl elephant was capable of putting together a sandwich or adding berries to a salad, Tres produces meals. The New Mexican cuisine is the best in town. The Tapas remind me of being in Spain.
Tres is the saving grace in the melding of these two restaurants.