“Nice Hotel - Nice Fun Place to Gamble”
Review of Riverwind Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Norman
Riverwind Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I love going to Riverwind Casino to gamble, listen to music, have a drink, a nice dinner and visit with friends. We booked a room and due to our casino gamble rate we were able to get into a suite. We were very surprised to see how big it was for 1 room. It had a nice wet bar area with a refrigerator, a desk area with free wifi and a sitting area by the TV. The TV is a little small for the size of the room and is a little hard to see from laying down in the bed. They have 2 chairs by the TV, but they really aren’t lounge chairs with arms where you can relax, but it was till nice. The bathroom was awesome with a huge soaking tub, large walk-in shower and toilet area, then your sink and closet in another section; other than not having a door on the toilet, it was very nice. The elevators are very slow; it was nice to ask to be on the 3rd floor where you can just walk across to the Casino; which made me feel safe. The parking is a little challenging due to there is no real area marked off and secured for the hotel; you have to fight the Casino crowd to find a place to park. It might be best just to valet and not drive around. The front desk was very nice and pleasant. I wish they had at least a continental breakfast for a quick bite instead of having to go over to the Casino and eat at the buffet, which had a 15 minute wait in the line and the smoky atmosphere waiting in line; being a non smoker smelling cigarettes first thing in the morning was a turn off. Overall, it was a very nice stay and I will be back frequently.

Room Tip: You may want to take a morning snack if you don't want to go over to the smoky casino to eat bre...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen L
Riverwind Hotel T, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

To our valued guest from Norman, Oklahoma:

We sincerely thank you for visiting us at the Riverwind Hotel! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our King Deluxe room. We have 90 beautiful standard rooms but our 9 King Deluxe rooms are impressive. We do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced, in the future we do have two conveniently located staircases located on the North, and South end of our hotel. Parking does tend to fill up quickly, that is why we conveniently offer complementary valet services through our South valet. The team thanks your comments and hopes that you will join us again soon. If you have any further questions, comments and/or if you would like to make a future reservation, please give us a call and we will be at your service.

There are newer reviews for Riverwind Hotel

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Great service from the very start. Carlos, the bellman, did more that we have ever expected to help get us settled into our room. The fresh cookies, which I love, were a welcomed surprise. The hotel staff was always prompt to our every need. The lady that cleaned our room was so accommodating. She made sure we had plenty of towels, etc. for our room. The front desk staff was fun to joke with about the cookies. David helped us when we were leaving and gave us a surprise bag of the wonderful cookies. The hotel stay was complimentary, but I would have paid for this type of great service.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms connect to the casino and restaurants.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Riverwind Hotel T, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

To our valued guest from Richland Hills, Texas:

We sincerely thank you for staying with us at the Riverwind Hotel! I’m delighted to hear that our team was on point and able to assist you during your visit. I’m happy that you enjoyed your experience at the Riverwind Hotel, as well our complimentary cookies! Our staff welcomes you to join us again in the future! If you have any further questions, comments and/or if you would like to make a future reservation, please give us a call and we will be at your service!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I received coupons for complimentary nights at hotel. We met other friends there. All of the hotel staff were fantastic. Everyone went out of their way to accommodate us, starting with Carlos , the bellman, who not only retrieved all the stuff from the car, but got us ice before he left our room for the final time. He always remembers our names and is very courteous and professional . In addition, Bryan, Colleen and Ryan, staff in the hotel gave us fresh cookies and candy for the road.
I feel like it's my home away from home. The hotel is very clean, the lobby inviting with complimentary cookies and various drinks, such as coffee, tea and juices. It is beautiful and the staff are the friendliest, and most helpful of any hotel I have visited . Can't wait to go back again.

Room Tip: Every room we have had has been great!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Riverwind Hotel T, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

To our valued guest from Amarillo, Texas:

We sincerely thank you for commitment, and staying with us at the Riverwind Hotel! Thank you for your wonderful compliments to our property and our staff. Our team here at the Riverwind Hotel does their best to keep the hotel in pristine condition for our guests. I know that all of our staff members are excited to go out of their way to ensure that our hotel is your home, away from home. If you have any future questions, comments and/or if you would like to make a future reservation, please contact us and we will be at your service.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I received a two free nights coupon in the mail from Riverwind, this was a pretty awesome coupon.
We arrived on Monday 6/16 and checked out on 6/18, the hotel was beautiful, and very clean, the staff very professional and kind. We felt like we were at home with the staff, extra extra big kudos to Kyle who helped us with a camera battery issue and filled us in on the background of the hotel and helped us take a couple of pictures (including one with him) since my middle name is also Kyle.
Jon who was a huge help with our ice chest and ice issue, and back to Kyle and Carlos, the cookies were delicious! We have stayed at several hotels over the past few years and Riverwind and their employees get my vote all the way around. This will be the only hotel that I stay in anywhere around or near Norman! I'm trying real hard to talk my family into VIP tickets to see Vince Gill and if that happens I will be spending the night at Riverwind on the 3rd floor! Will be posting some pics to facebook soon. Thank You Riverwind for an awesome two days!

Room Tip: The third floor is the best!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Lesa S

To our valued guest from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma:

We sincerely thank you for staying with us at the Riverwind Hotel! I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your first visit to the Riverwind Hotel! I know the team will be delighted when I share with them your wonderful comments. We all get a great deal of satisfaction when our guests enjoy their time with us, thank you again for kind words. If you have any further questions, comments, and/or if you would like to make a future reservation please give us a call and we’ll be at your service.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have stayed at Riverwind Hotel numerous times and most our stays have been great! On our April the 3rd stay our room reservation was changed from King Size to a Double Queen without asking. This was done at the reservation desk right in front of us. I was disappointed because it was my Birthday. On our most recent visit on May 26th we had an issue with our shower. The water kept changing from scolding hot to freezing cold every 20-30 seconds which made it hard to shower. This is why my rating was average. Had it not been for the shower obviously It would've gotten a better overall rating.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the 3rd floor as it is closer to casino/restaurant access!!!!!! Also, If your paying...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Riverwind Hotel T, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

To our valued guest from Drummond, Oklahoma:

We sincerely thank you for your commitment staying at the Riverwind Hotel! We apologize that out of your numerous stays with our hotel that you had an unpleasant experience and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your last stay with us. Your experience on May 26th was due to our instillation of a new water pump to better ensure customer satisfaction, again we apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you. We truly hope that you will decided to stay with us again in the future, please, if you have any further questions and/or comments, give us a call and we will be at your service.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Thank you Riverwind, sent me a complimentary room. I used it to celebrate mothers day with my mom, and daughter. My mom had never been to a casino. We so enjoyed ourselves, from eating and even the room was awesome. We even worked out in the work out room. Had awesome quality time. Thank you Riverwind!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Riverwind Hotel T, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

To our valued guest from Earlsboro, Oklahoma:

We sincerely thank you for staying with us at the Riverwind Hotel! I’m pleased to hear that you were able to stay with us at your convenience and show your family an awesome time! We hope that you will decide to stay with us again in the future, if you have any further questions, comments and/or if you would like to make a future reservation, please give us a call and we will be at your service!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was in Okc for a wedding and decided to stay at the Riverwind Hotel since it's far south and right on I35. From the highway I could see all the saturday night casino traffic and assumed there would be nowhere to park. I was surprised to find plenty of parking close to the entrance and although there is construction easy navigation through the parking lot. The hotel is beautiful inside and out. Pristine landscaping outside and modern decor inside. The room was perfect for my wife to complete some work and the bed was very comfortable. We woke up refreshed and ready for our drive back to Fort Worth. My wife and I encountered a room attendant in the hallway named Temika, she was very friendly. She told us of some local events and made us laugh. I recommend this hotel to anyone because of location, comfort and staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Riverwind Hotel T, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

To our valued guest from Fort Worth, Texas:

We sincerely thank you for your business and for staying at the Riverwind Hotel! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and Trip Advisor! I’m happy to hear that you were able to navigate through our parking lot with ease. Our parking lot does tend to get busy quickly, in the future don’t forget to take advantage of the complimentary valet parking we offer for our hotel guests. Thank you again for staying with us, if you have any further questions, comments and/or if you would like to make a future reservation, please give us a call and we will be at your service!