“Snowed In and Enjoyed It!”
Review of Riverwind Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Norman
Riverwind Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The first weekend of Feb, our 26 year old adopted daughter, my husband and I came to Riverwind Hotel, a central location for us, to meet her birth father and siome other members of his family for the first time. The weather had turned bad with lots of ice and snow, but we were warm inside and enjoyed the facilities Sat-Mon. The only negative thing I can say is when asked by the maid service if we wanted our room cleaned on Sunday I said it wasn't really necessary, but I would like some fresh towels, they were not replaced as requested. The staff were all very pleasant and my husband diffidently loved the complimentary cookies at the front desk! One thing I do question is why our room 424 did not have a refrigerator or microwave, as most of the nicer motels and hotels we've stayed in recently have had these in their room for the convenience of their guests....I guess I'm getting spoiled..Ha!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Ronnie K, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

To our valued guest from Bossier City, Louisiana:

The hotel staff and I are honored that you decided to stay with us during your special event with your daughter. I do sincerely apologize for the miscommunication between housekeeping. I have spoken with our housekeeping manager to insure this does not happen again. You are always welcome to contact us at the front desk with any requests. I myself am questioning why you didn’t have a refrigerator in your room. All of our King Deluxe rooms come with a refrigerator inside the room and we have a microwave in the lobby for our guest to use. Once again, thank you for joining us during your recent visit. We all look forward to having you and your family here in the future. Please, if you have any questions or comments contact me and I will be at your service.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We were welcomed by Jon and even though we didn't have a reservation, he found us a wonderful room, Ellen and Carolyn and Renee all helped with check in and check out. Rooms were wonderful, clean and warm - Thank you so much for the great experience

Room Tip: Away from the Casino Door on 3 - even down the hall is better than next to it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Ronnie K, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

To our valued guest from Watertown, South Dakota:

I’m pleased to hear that you decided to stay in our hotel. Our staff members and I take pride in creating a pleasant experience, from your arrival until the time you leave. We appreciate that you shared your experience and I am eager to share your comments with the rest of our staff. Please join us again if you are in the area and if you have any future questions or comments, feel free to call me and I will be at your service.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We love going to Riverwind Hotel and Casino.. Our latest visit was in January for our anniversary.. Loved it, received a free upgrade plus they were so very helpful. Kyle and everyone are always so helpful and friendly and offered any assistance that we needed. Thank you all for making our 36th anniversary a great one.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

To our valued guest from Cherokee, Oklahoma:

The Riverwind Hotel staff members and I are thrilled that you decided to celebrate your anniversary with us. As always, we greatly appreciate you taking time from your schedule to leave us a review on Trip Advisor. We look forward to seeing you soon, and maybe even sharing your 37th anniversary together. If you have any questions or comments please give me a call and I will be at your service.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I don't drive. I go there when my son will pick me up and I take a comp room due to the casino.
I cannot afford BIG gambling...so it is for fun. I could not afford the rooms otherwise. Anyway, they could have little crappy rooms for the free people. Instead, I have been given a very nice, clean room each time. The young people at the front desk are always friendly and very helpful. The cookies at the counter are a nice touch. Even the workers I pass at the hotel are quite friendly and willing to help. Cannot say enough good about the staff. My only complaint, due to late gambling, is that I wish checkout time could be later in order to sleep. That will not change my great outlook for the Riverwind.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Ronnie K, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

To our valued guest from Guthrie, Oklahoma:

My team members and I take great pride in providing beautiful clean rooms from every guest, every time no matter what rate you’re staying at. I can’t express how pleased I am to hear that our staff from the front desk to housekeeping is looking for ways to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We do offer late check-outs from 30 minutes to one hour. Speak with a front desk agent at check-in or any point throughout the duration of your stay and let them know you would like a late check-out and they will take care of you. If you have any further questions or comments please give me a call and I will be at your service.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

“Riverwind Hotel Excellent Stay 2/4/2014”
1. My hotel stay was excellent from Start to Finish. Hotel staff members were friendly and very helpful.
2. Front desk staff (Kyle A.) was very professional, answered all questions, and arranged for bags, ice, waters, juices sent to my room.
3. The room was very clean and comfortable and food in the casino buffet was great.
I will recommend it to my friends and relatives.
4. Twice a month I will stay and play casino electronic games in the hotel and casino.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms and suites are very large and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Ronnie K, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

To our valued guest from Oklahoma City:

Our staff sincerely thanks you for your business and taking time out of your day to inform us on your experience staying at Riverwind. We do our best to insure that your stay is pleasant from check-in to check-out. I look forward to sharing your comments with Kyle and the rest of the staff. We look forward to your company in the future, please contact me if you have any questions or comments and I will be at your service.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

The recent visit (January 29 - February 1, 2014) was excellent as usual. Hotel staff (Carolyn) was very helpful and the rooms were great as usual. Fitness room was good and we utilized it. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ronnie K, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

To our valued guest:

We are all pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We sincerely thank you for using our workout facility and taking time from your schedule to inform us on your experience. Carolyn will be excited to know that she could be of service during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future, please feel free to contact me and I will be at your service.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Excellent stay on 1/9/14. Carlos met us at car and helped get bags to our room. Got us ice and waters. Took are of valet parking. Answered all our questions. Understand from Managers next day he was employee of year. Very deserving of the award!? Talked with two managers next morning and expressed how we love to stay at hotel on trips to visit our kids in Texas. Saw great basketball game at OU, of course KU WON made it even better. Had GREAT time in casino wife and I won BIG. Thanks to staff for a great stay. See in late January for another stay!!! Karen and Richard Rippert

Room Tip: Excellent place stay, easy access to and expressway!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank KRippert
Ronnie K, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

To our guests from Hutchinson, KS:

We are so pleased that Carlos was able to assist you during your check-in; he is our go-to guy! As a team we greatly enjoy your company so please feel free to visit us on your way to visit the kids. Congratulations to you and your wife winning big in the casino. We are very much looking forward to your stay in January! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me and I will be at your service.

Chris Woodrow