“Great Stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Riverwind Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Norman
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Amarillo
“Great Stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Front desk cookies are the best and the young man who checked us in was courteous and a great asset for the hotel. Room was spotless, casino was fun and clean. We enjoyed the Food Court. We live in Texas almost 5 hours from Riverwind but it is definitely our Oklahoma Casino Hotel of choice. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barbara C
Ronnie K, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
To our guests from Amarillo, TX:

My staff and I are delighted that you chose to stay at the Riverwind Hotel for your recent stay. We also appreciate all of the kinds words that you had to say about the hotel. We take pride in providing the best possible experience to each and every guest. Our cookies are a big hit with everyone that comes into the hotel and we especially glad that you enjoyed them. We look forward to seeing you again. If you should need anything on your next stay, please let us know and we will be at your service.

Kinds Regards and Safe Travels,

Riverwind Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Elgin, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife an I were extermely pleased with the hotel, staff and every aspect of this stay. This was not the first time we stayed at Riverwind Hotel and as always we were pleased with the staff and hotel cleanliness. We requested a room on the third floor for the convienience of entering the casino, when it wasn't available the hotel clerk put us in a suite on the second floor. That was not expected and to our surprise it was an acceptable alternative to the third floor. I would suggest anyone wanting a clean, quiet, satisfying stay to give the Riverwind Hotel a chance.

Room Tip: Third floor has inside access to the casino.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Duane C
Ronnie K, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
To our guests from Elgin, OK:

My staff and I are glad that you chose Riverwind Hotel for your recent stay. We also appreciate the kind works that you had to say about the hotel. We take pride in providing the best possible experience to each and every guest. We look forward to seeing you again. If you should need anything on your next stay, please let us know and we will be at your service.

Kind Regard,

Lawton, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We came to Norman to have fun and stopped into Riverwind Casino. Had a great time. Well received 2 free nights to stay. I call to reserve the two nights and was told" we don't have anymore of those rooms. Was not asked if We would like to either pay the different price or anything to find us a way to come and enjoy our time at Riverwind Casino and Hotel. We are having our 28 yr anniversary and wanted to come and play. I was just really shocked. As far as the Casino its self. We had a really really had a good time playing there. The people and staff was great. Just wished we could go and stay.....To bad for us! I just hoped they would of went out there way to figure out something....

Room Tip: Never got to enjoy yet......sorry.... ;(
To our Guests from Lawton, OK:

My team and I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Riverwind Hotel. Congratulations on celebrating your 28th anniversary. I would like to apologize for not being able to spend the second night to enjoy your special occasion.

I would like to invite you back to the Riverwind Hotel to enjoy your second night ON US. Please give me a call personally at (405) 248-7146 on my cell phone or you can reach me at the hotel at (405) 322-6250. You may also email me at dbridenstine@riverwindhotel.com. We want every guest to leave the hotel satisfied and happy, so we want to invite you back and we will make your stay even better than the last one. We will have something special waiting for you on your next visit.

okc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were greeted by Kyle at the front desk Thursday night. He was extremely friendly and helpful. We stood there and talked to him a few minutes about football. He offered to have a roll-away bed delivered to our room because we had a king size bed and 1 child.
The room was fantastic! It smelled great, bathroom was spotless. The sheets, pillows, towels, were perfect. Not cheap motel stuff. That may have been the best mattress I have ever slept on. The shower head was also great, I didn't want to get out of the shower.
If you stay on the 3rd floor, there is a cool tunnel from hotel to casino. We walked over there to eat. There are several fast food places, a buffet, and a restaurant in the casino.
The hotel lobby and all the hallways smelled super fresh and clean, I don't know what they do to make is smell like that, but it smells extremely clean and inviting.
If I were to complain about anything, it would be the lack of a swimming pool. We kind of wanted to swim, but found out no pool. Also, there isn't much immediately around the hotel, so plan on that. There was a Sonic across the street, and a McDonald's 1/4 of mile west.
At checkout, once again, they were fantastic. She was very friendly, smiled, and was helpful. Carlos took our bed up to us, and he was great also. He made the bed for us, and was very polite, and asked if he could help with anything else.
I was extremely impressed with the hotel and the staff. Because of this, I would have to say this is the best hotel I've ever stayed at. Great Experience.

Room Tip: Stay on 3rd floor for easy access from hotel to casino.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stepper950
To our guest Stepper950,

My team members and I are delighted that you decided to stay with us. We take the upmost pride to offer the guest the best possible experience they can have while staying at the Riverwind Hotel. I have shared your comments with our team. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your return.

Best Wishes,

Cache, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

When we stepped into the lobby, Chris promptly greeted us and welcomed us back like we were old friends. Brandon checked us in and said our king/non-smoking room had been upgraded to a king deluxe suite. We've stayed at Riverwind Hotel many times and we love everything about the place, but we now have a new favorite room in the hotel. The room was bigger than most apartments. It had a wet bar, refrigerator, huge tub and a separate walk-in shower, table and chairs, flat-screen television with several comfy chairs in the sitting area, and the most comfortable king-size bed with lots and lots of pillows.
The Willow Buffet, located inside the casino, offers such a variety of food. It has numerous items that are Weight Watcher friendly. We also look forward to the breakfast buffet and you don't have to get us really early in order to take advantage of it. They have the best waffles ever...and yes, you can have waffles on Weight Watchers.
All of the hotel staff and the casino staff have always been eager to assist us in any way. Chad Graves was also very pleasant and friendly at the front desk. We've stayed in a lot of classy hotels, but this hotel is tops on our list!

Room Tip: You have to use your hotel key to gain access to a few select suites on the 4th floor. We stayed in...
2 Thank happytrails10158
Ronnie K, Manager at Riverwind Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
To our guests from Cache, OK:

We are glad that you chose to stay with us. We are also glad that you were upgraded. It is our mission to provide each and every guest with a wonderful experience. We are please that you enjoyed yourself. I have passed on your comments about the Willows buffet to them. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip. If you should need anything on your next visit, please let us know and we will be at your service.

Kind Regards,
Ardmore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our anniversary weekend at the hotel and casino. The service was second to non and we found the staff to go over and above. In fact, Carlos made our weekend so special as he had a bottle of champagne and a tray of cookies waiting in our room. Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better weekend,

Chuck Richardson

1 Thank Chuck R
To our Guests from Ardmore, OK:

Let me take a moment to congratulate you on another year. We are glad that you chose the Riverwind Hotel for your stay. We take pride in providing the best possible experience for each and every one of our guests. I am glad the Carlos could make your weekend a little better by providing the Champagne and Cookies for you. We look forward to seeing you again. If you need anything on your next visit, please let us know and we will be at your service.

Best Wishes,
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Great facility and staff! Highly recommend this property! The room was very spacious and very clean! The room was exactly as promised and expected. The staff was very friendly and displayed a genuine concern for the customer.

Room Tip: The room with a single king was very spacious.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Gennyv V
To our Guests from Oklahoma City, OK:

We are glad you chose Riverwind Hotel for your stay. We also appreciate the kind words that you had to say about the hotel. We take pride in providing the best possible experience for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again. If you should need anything on your next stay, please let us know and we will be at your service.

Kind Regards,