“Large Hotel with Many Surprises”

Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Where do I start? This hotel is huge. We've found it to be easy to get to and close to everything O.U. The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel itself bright and attractive. The outside pool is closed now for the season, but is huge and looks to be well kept. Our room was clean and the bed very comfortable. But, the room with its one queen bed was the smallest hotel room we've ever seen! There is a small desk with good work light on the wall above it. A small 3-drawer dresser, 2 very adequate night stands with good reading lamps. The closet is a nice size. There is a medium-size flat screen tv that works well, with many channels to choose from. The bathroom is very clean. . . and very small. But, although the rooms don't seem to be designed for entertaining or spending much time in other than sleeping, the room was not shabby. It was very adequate. One complaint my husband had, though, was that our room got too warm during the night. It did not bother me.
Guests get a free breakfast every morning and the dining room was enormous! Breakfast is buffet style with many choices, including omelets made to order. They were fresh, large and very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LynninNM

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I felt as if the rooms were outdated. They were small and the decor left something to be desired. The bathroom area was not very well lit and was very small. The heat didn't seem to work properly as the room became warmer with the heat off :( I guess if it were a last resort I would possibly stay there but would not be somewhere I would recommend. The good was the front desk staff were friendly and at least the parking seemed somewhat secure with security.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a nice 3 star hotel with a shuttle to and from the football games. The breakfast was a full on cafeteria with everything you could possibly ask for to eat and included for free! The price is a little high for what you get but given that it's only a $12 cab ride to the stadium you can't beat it. Happy Travels.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had to book this hotel because of a nationally ranked horse show being the same weekend as an OU football game. It is a nice place, although large and the rooms are spread out. The rooms are small, really meant for one at a conference but it was fine for my daughter and I. It was nice the breakfast was included and it was a great breakfast. Has a bar and food service in the bar which was nice when we didn't want to get in the football crowds.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank YvonneR496
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I enjoyed this hotel. It was clean, the staff was nice, and I had no complaints. The "breakfast included" was delicious and had everything you could want. If you're traveling to Norman, this hotel is an excellent value!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank William R
ncedgm, General Manager at Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and review. We appreciate your wonderful comments and feedback. We have a wonderful Team at the NCED Conference Center and Hotel who will certainly appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Yves Badaroux

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed there last night following an OU football game. I learned of the location after searching for hotels to stay in following the home games. This facility is extremely family oriented and the staff is very friendly. We checked in at 11:30pm with a flurry of other football fans and check in was quicker and easier than most. The rooms are slightly smaller than a standard hotel room but the room was spotless and quiet, the bed was very comfortable, and the HD TV's are great. The breakfast buffet has literally everything and the food is quite good! A true value for a moderate price. We will be staying here from now on for all OU football games and functions.

Jeff W.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jeff W
ncedgm, General Manager at Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay after the game and appreciate the time you took to post a review. Thank you! I look forward to sharing your comments with our entire staff. We all certainly love to hear such positive reviews! Again, I can't thank you enough for the review and your stay. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Yves Badaroux

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks and I am satisfied with their overall amenities and service.

Good:
- Friendly staff
- good amenities
- Food is okay

Can be improved
- hmm, nothing really.

It would be better though if they can provide bottled water or if there will be water dispenser on every floor but other than that, I enjoyed my stay here. I will definitely want to be booked here again for future business travels.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank maricris1224
Travelers also viewed these Norman hotels
Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Norman
Courtyard Norman
Courtyard Norman
#13 of 25 in Norman
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Norman
Hilton Garden Inn Norman
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norman

Been to Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development

Address: 2801 E State Highway 9, Norman, OK 73071-1101 (Formerly NCED Conference Center and Hotel)
Location: United States > Oklahoma > Norman
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Business Hotel in Norman
Price Range: $111 - $192 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development 3*
Recently opened to the public, this is the largest hotel in Oklahoma, featuring newly (2009) renovated guest rooms, affordable buffet style dinner and route 66 lounge. It also has the most extensive fitness and recreational facilities of any hotel in Oklahoma. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Marriott Conference Center at the National Center for Employee Development reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Nced Hotel Norman