“Potentially great place, with one flaw”
Review of Courtyard Norman

Courtyard Norman
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night one our way home from Houston. The property is easy to get to from I-35, although the GPS in our car tried to tell us otherwise. The property looks new inside and out. We were greeted immediately, and our reservation had already been pulled up. Checkin literally took 30 seconds or less. Lobby is stylish and large.

Our room was on the back side of the property, away from the traffic noise, and it was very quiet, except for one thing: the bathroom fan, which was connected to the light switch and could not be separately controlled, was EXTREMELY loud. So loud that you could not even tell the TV was on from the bathroom, even though it was not more than 8 feet away, and I could not even tell my husband was talking to me from the bedroom. He got up in the middle of the night and the fan woke me - it's way too loud to sleep through. When I got up an hour later, it woke him up as well. The room itself was small (didn't have a balcony, but some other rooms did) but it had everything you need. Furnishings were "edgy" - looked like they were trying a little too hard to make an impression. The sofa was just weird, but not uncomfortable. Wifi worked fine. Other than the loud fan, my only complaint about the room would be that there was not a single mirror outside of the bathroom.

The package we purchased included a breakfast the next morning, which was very good. I had cooked to order eggs, bacon, and toast, and the eggs were plentiful and exactly like I requested. My husband had oatmeal, and it came with lots of toppings which he could add as he wanted.

I've rated the property "Very Good" because there are many great things about it - convenient, clean, stylish, friendly. If they fix the bathroom fan issue, I'd stay here again. Unfortunately, there's no easy to know that unless you actually go to a room and turn on the bathroom light.

Room Tip: On the back side (west side) is away from the interstate highway and will be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Norman

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stay at a lot of Marriott's but this is one of my favorites. Each visit to see our son at the University of Oklahoma includes a stay at the Courtyard. I love the warm cookies they put out about 5:00 each day. The staff remembers me and knows my favorite drinks at the bar. My only complaint is the fan goes on in the bathroom with the light switch.

Room Tip: I personally like the rooms on the first floor south side. Close to the exercise room, laundry (for...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 512Okie
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed one night while travling,room 157,first floor next to an exit door which was good because my husband smokes.Bed was comfortable,king size,room had a loveseat and window over looked our vehicle.Room was very clean nice size bathroom,regular size tub/shower combo.Lobby had a little market area with cokes to purchase and an small restaurant/coffee/sandwich shop.Cracker Barrel in walking distance,along with other restaurants.Employees were very nice,an overall good experience.Rooms go for $99.00 a night,we paid a little less.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed here over Labor Day Weekend with my girlfriend. The room and whirpool were amazing. We also had a very nice view of the courtyard. I am not sure if it was the night manager or not but, whoever was running the front desk that night, was super friendly and extremely helpful. We had an absolutely wonderful anniversary because of how accomidating everyone was.

Room Tip: We stayed in the King Room with the whirpool and courtyard view. Exceptional!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My son and I stayed here for 5 nights. The room was spacious and very clean with a refrigerator and microwave, and in-room coffee. We were given breakfast vouchers which were redeemed at a very nice breakfast /bar area in the lobby. Choices were plentiful, from cereals, fruits, assorted pastries, and even french toast and egg platters complete with choice of meat, potatoes and toast. They also served sandwiches and other items for the rest of the day. There was plentiful seating to include several cozy booths with their own personal tvs. Also in the lobby was a coffee/tea counter which was available all day long. There were computers and printers available as well as a dedicated computer/print for printing boarding passes. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Of course the usual pool/hot tub and weight room were open for guests.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank WRBoiseTraveler
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed here because we went to Oklahoma for a family reunion. I normally stay in "fancier" hotels but this looked best for Norman, OK. I booked three rooms on the first floor,and one needed to be handicap accessible. We got there after midnight during the middle of the NBA playoffs (the Thunder were in it) and one of our rooms was still occupied by a reporter. They had called me to let me know, and when I got there they apologized profusely, gave me coupons for free breakfasts and assured me I would get the room I requested the next day. I thought that was amazing service. Usually if your room request isn't available, you are out of luck. The guy on duty was named Amish (I know I didn't spell it right) and he seemed to never leave the place and always knew everyone's names. You don't get service like that in California,
Also, the rooms were nicely decorated, had mini-fridges and very comfortable beds. Nice TV, wifi and our rooms on the first floor opened out to a central grassy area with a firepit in the middle. We had fun sitting out there at night. For the price I thought this hotel was excellent. My husband like it too and he is very picky. They also have computers you can use in the lobby, big screen TV in the lobby, a small little cafe that serves breakfast and a bar. Directly across the street is a Cracker Barrel (yum yum gravy) and many other restaurants within walking distance.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a first floor or balcony overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank smalmaden
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Went two years in a row for our Anniversary. Booked the suite as a splerge and it was great except for the fact that the refrigerator never worked. Second year I even went early to get the wine chilling in the refrigerator before my husband arrived later and it was out yet again. Called and told the front desk and they said they would fix it before we returned from our movie. Got back---hot frige. Since we were only there for the night and just wanted to have cold wine it totally ruined things. I will say that the staff offered to put our wine in a refrigerator up front but I don't think for 160.00 a night I should have to check my drinks in and out of the front desk just to keep it cool. This year we are staying someplace else.

• Stayed: August 2011