“Great Stay”

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Norman
De Soto, Kansas
“Great Stay”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We had a great experience in this hotel!! I was angry when we arrived because I was given misinformation from a travel site about the room rates and even though it was not their fault and had nothing to do with the folks that worked with the hotel they gave us free breakfast for my entire family and it was great!! The room was very clean and I am extremely particular about cleanliness. Great staff, great hotel! I would recommend anyone stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
NormanSales, Director of Sales at Courtyard Norman, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
We GREATLY appreciate your responses, good or bad, and I'm really sorry about the way you got here but I am so so happy you got to try us out and enjoyed it! We appreciate the great response and look forward to you coming again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard By Marriott Norman while my daughter had a campus visit to OU. The hotel is easy to get to from the OK City Airport, and only about 10 mins from campus.
The rooms are clean, comfortable and nicely appointed. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is free wifi in both the lobby and the rooms, and there is a computer kiosk in the lobby dedicated to printing boarding passes.
I have two very minor complaints - The ventilation fan in the bathroom is so loud that it is truly annoying, and is on the same switch as the light so there is no option of not using it. The walls are fairly thin, so our sleep was disturbed a couple of times during the night by loud groups of people coming down the halls. This was more the fault of the rude people than the hotel, but it was an issue none the less. I have certainly stayed in rooms that were more sound-proofed.
Over all we had a very nice stay and would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2012

After staying at another nearby hotel for my past few business trips to Norman (read my other reviews), I decided to forego the points and stay at the Courtyard next door. I am supremely glad I did! It is a wonderful facility. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The layout of the lobby and business center was very elegant yet friendly. They have a nice lounge that serves good food and drinks. They even have a nice firepit outside to sit around on a comfortable evening like I did with a co-worker.

The room I had was a little on the small side, but that is a very minor quibble. The bathrooms are spacious and the showers/sinks work great unlike some hotels in Norman.

They even had a touch screen in the lobby that allows you to check your flight at OKC!

Oh and the price is the exact same as the other hotels around it. This hotel is a solid winner. Well built and well staffed. I will definitely stay there on all future visits to Norman!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank CvilleJohn
Reviewed January 29, 2012

The Courtyard was a very nice place to stay in Norman. The hotel is convenient to several restaurants within walking distance and it has fairly easy access to I-35 once you figure out the feeder road.

The hotel was very clean and modern looking. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. Our room was located overlooking the courtyard so there weren't any issues with road noise. The wireless Internet worked well the overall sleep quality was very good.

Breakfast was not included in the room rate but they do offer a breakfast service in the lobby. Cracker Barrel is just across the street as another option.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 2, 2012

One of the modern "hotel from a box" Courtyard designs was clean and welcoming with a good breakfast and good bed at a reasonable price but absolutely the worst pillow I have had at a hotel. It ffelt as if it was stuffed with old rags, so hard and unyielding that my wife wound up using a bath towel for a pillow.

Room Tip: Ask for a court yeard view, its on the side away from the highway and some have patios and balconies
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We had a smaller King room, but the use of space was fabulous. The double tier desk was great. There was a nice sofa and nesting tables. Room was quiet and the bed was comfy. We got a great nights sleep. Restaurants were close by.
I would definitely choose this Courtyard again.

• Stayed December 2011
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving with family was made much easier by this chain with wonderful local people running it. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The two adjoining rooms were consistent with the Courtyard brand. Clean, nice bathroom, nice towels, extra towels, pillows and comforter.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 153 and the room connecting to it. Ground floor. Close to free coffee. View was...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
NormanSales, Director of Sales at Courtyard Norman, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
It's always great to hear nice things about our hotel! We pride ourselves on our staff and cutomer care/appreciation! I"m so glad your Thanksgiving turned out so well and I hope to see your family here again soon!!

Nelson Davis