Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast
$109
$144
$123
EmbassySuites.com
Comfort Inn & Suites(Norman)(Great Value!)
$109
$93
ComfortInn
$119
$101
Sleep Inn & Suites Norman(Norman)(Great Value!)
$94
SleepInn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Norman(Norman)(Great Value!)
$114
$105
Fairfield Inn
$88
$58
All reviewspork tenderloinrose roomscalloped potatoesfresh vegetablesmushroom souphomey feelingcountry feelwhirlpool baththe entire staffstaff was friendlysatinweddingcottageemeraldpineconerobesoklahoma
Reviewed November 13, 2012

If you are a fan of B&B's and want to remain so, stay as far away from this place as you possibly can. The "proprietors" of Whispering Pines Bed & Breakfast rely on the fact that accommodations can be hard to find in the Norman/OU area, and repeat customers are not necessary, because once you stay...you won't be back.
Remember the traditional Bed & Breakfast experience? A delicious breakfast served in a comfortable homelike setting with pride by the hosts of the Inn?
NOT HERE.
Here you write what you'd like on a menu board and hang it on your doorknob. It will be grudgingly delivered by whoever happens to be around in the morning wearing whatever they happen to throw on when they got out of bed. My "breakfast" consisted of eggs or pancakes prepared however they happened to come off the stove, burnt potato patties (I'm still wondering just what the ____ the things were made of...), single serve fast food jelly containers and ketchup packets stolen from McDonalds. The jelly was so old it had the consistency of shoe leather. Coffee that you make in your room from pre-packaged envelopes that Motel 6 would be ashamed to provide. Orange flavored beverage that tasted rusty...I thought it was a fluke, that maybe since I had shown up on a Thursday evening that the regular staff wouldn't be around until the weekend proper...I was wrong. I stayed for three nights, spending the days with my daughter at OU, and my time at Whispering Pines Bed & Breakfast spent wishing that there were other accommodations available in the area.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. You will regret spending money to stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank UltraKen
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Innkeeper does not live in BB but near by on property so not the homey feeling. The room is very nice (Satin Splendor), loved the Jacuzzi bathtub and the small balcony. The restaurant (located right downstairs) was absolutely WONDERFUL!! But a little expensive. We had steak very tender and mine was well done as ordered. We placed our breakfast order on the doorknob from a menu. The omelet and blueberry pancakes were good. The walk around the grounds was relaxing. We were here on a Wednesday/ Thursday so was not very busy. Enjoyed our visit.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank PO795
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We picked this B&B because every one else was already booked since April. That should have told us something. I had seen the reviews which alternated between good and Terrible. But nothing else was available.
We booked the Stardust Cottage.(see LaDonna43's review, too) We went to attend the OU/Texas Tech football game on Sat 10/22/11 where my daughter is attending OU in Norman. We arrived @ 6:45 PM Fri evening. Checked in and were shown to the room. Which was a small building adjacent to the Main House which housed the restaurant. This building housed two (2) separate room accomodations. I could hear the TV going in the adjacent room.
There was a bedroom immediately through the front door, and a large bathroom through a doorway to the right. No door on the bathroom, just a curtain. HHmmm.
The room had an old musty odor to it. There was a canopy bed in the bedroom. The nightstand had a sign on it saying, "Please Do Not Touch the Canopy". My wife noticed that there was dust on the canopy which could be clearly seen through the fabric. I then showed my wife the sign. She said it must be so that folks don't dislodge the dust to cause it to rain down on them while sleeping below it. We went to the front desk to complain about the dinginess and the canopy dust, as well as the fact that there was hair on the toilet top. The woman who could barely speak English said she cleaned the room herself, kind of to blow us off. We also asked about the breakfast wondering if it was to be served in the dining room there in the main house. We were told that the breakfast would be served in our room on the small dinette table in the room, not in the restaurant facility in the main house. We were to leave our menu choices hanging on the room door which would be picked up and then served at the time we chose and listed on the "room service" hanger. There was no place to sit except at the diniette table with the 2 dinette chairs which did not substitute for comfortable sitting area seating. You had to lay on the bed to see the TV which was mounted immediately above the dinette table so if you were sitting at the table you had to crane your neck to see the TV.
My daughter who is attending OU came to meet us to show us around and have dinner with us. When she walked into the room she looked around and said to me, "Nancy" (my wife) "is not happy with this room." I said, "You think?" She was aghast when we showed her the canopy sign. She also remarked about the decor which was strange to say the least in addition to the pink wall paint, brown curtain and brown canopy over the bed.
Breakfast the next morning was not wonderful. My scrambled eggs and bacon were passable, but the breakfast potato "patties" were not good, and I wondered what they were made from; greasy ground plastic maybe? Nancy's Blueberry Pancakes were passable, but she said the "butter" patty on top of them had the consistency and taste of margarine that had been left uncovered in the refrigerator, which she had to eat around, so she was unhappy with the breakfast too.
We left to meet my daughter for the day. We returned to get ready before going to the ball game later. When I opened the door and stepped into the room, I was assaulted by a smell that hinted that
the sewer had backed up. I went into the bathroom, but found no problem there nor was there any smell in there, only in the bedroom area. I sprayed Glade air freshener which alleviated that.
The next morning I had the same breakfast, Nancy had the omlette. She had the same potato patties that I had and asked me what they were.
We packed up and left before 11AM leaving the key in a bowl on the front desk since there was no one there.
Nancy has said that she would sure like to get her money back. So to be sure DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME NOR MONEY AT Whispering Pines B&B. You will be seriously DISAPPOINTED!! Especially with the Stardust Cottage which was not a "cottage" in any sense of the word, but a duplex in a delapidated building with a carport out front where the our car and the adjacent customer's car had to be parked.

Room Tip: Don't even go here. Go somewhere else even if this is the only place available in Norman, Okla. Go south or north to another town altogether if you want to stay in a B&B.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank thejohnsmith
NormanRanyk, Manager at Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Not a guest here. Rude vendor on a power trip. Wedding went well.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

We dined here last weekend and it was really a disappointment. My parents wanted to treat me to a nice meal as I traveled up to see them. When we arrived at the establishment, we had high hopes as the atmosphere seemed very nice. The menu is small and quite expensive given it's location. My parents each ordered NY Strip steaks and I ordered the salmon.

Well, my father ordered his steak med. well and it came to him med rare and VERY tough. We sent it back and then put it in a oven for a few minutes and it came back well not med well and was still tough. My mother ordered her steak well and it came back medium. By this time they were disgusted and just had the server clear the table.

My salmon was fine but that evening and the next morning I had TERRIBLE stomach pains. I honestly think they are trying to sell subprime steaks and frozen fish as prime so they can charge a fortune.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank BruceandMarsha
NormanRanyk, Owner at Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Guest came in with a groupon and it was there first time here so with any first time guests we always do our best to make a good impression. I do agree that the guests steak was not a good cut, we are best known for our steaks but no matter how hard you try to be perfect a tougher cut will slip by and this happened to be one of them(this would be the second cut of beef that has been returned in ten years due to being a bad cut). An apology was given, the steak was removed from the bill, the $40 groupon was (discount) was applied to the bill, another apology was given and the groupon was returned and the guest was told to please re use the groupon and give us another chance. I do not know what else could have been done to make the guest happy, as far as the salmon it must have been a personal issue because the salmon is a very popular dish here, ordered every evening and purchased in small quantities to ensure freshness.

Reviewed February 15, 2011

My husband and I had our Valentines Day Dinner here at 5:00pm. The meal was absolutely devine..I had the Quail (I never had quail before so this was a nice change) and he had the Pork Tenderloin. The meal was elegantly prepared and served, the bread is delicious (and obviously homemade.) the soup was Squash Bisque and seasoned with toasted pumpkin seeds and a wonderful mixed baby green salad. During the meal we were served lemon sorbet (to cleanse our pallets) and then we dined on the main course. Our wine server chose a wonderful Merlot and our dessert was a fabulous flourless chocolate cake with raspberry and white creme and strawberries. I was presented with two beautiful goblets as a momento of our evening. I highly recommend this restaurant. In my opinion it is the best restaurant not only in Norman but in Oklahoma. Kudos to the staff and chef!! Our children love staying here! They said the breakfast is the best they have ever had!! (and they live in Houston). We will be back!! Dr and Mrs Everett.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple