“Great Stay”

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Austin, Texas
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Can't say enough nice things about this hotel. Amada at check in was wonderful. Breakfast was great. Sorry, I wish I knew the name of the women who runs breakfast. She is a gem. Not only did she have breakfast bar running well, she made a point to talk to everyone there. Will be back. Thank you!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
SharlaHil, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Norman, responded to this review, March 7, 2017
Thank you for your review. Our apologies for responding late, but we wanted you to know we read your about your experience and hope you see us next time you are in Norman. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

My advice to management would be to cut the price so that it is in line with the condition of the accommodations, or give the entire hotel a big update. Based on the price I paid, I expected a better value than what I received. The room was clean but it had a dingy feel. The window was clouded up and there were a few beetles crawling around on the floor. The phone's faceplate was missing....perhaps that doesn't matter because everyone uses mobile phones these days. I normally don't write reviews, but my experience here warrants one.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Heather M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Norman, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you felt we were not a good value. Please know, we continually monitor our rates to make sure we remain competitive with other hotels in our area. We also work very hard to exceed our guests' expectations and provide them with exceptional service. We hope that you will allow the Hampton Inn Norman another opportunity to impress you on your next visit to the area.

Burkburnett, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

The mattresses are terrible. I laid across the double bed and could feel every spring in the mattress. I thought I was lying on the box spring. I check the other double bed and it felt the same. Bad nights sleep. I checked out early and found better accommodations.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I absolutely hate that you had a bad experience with our beds and checked out early. I am so sorry for the inconvenience this was to you. We would love to have you back anytime, and we promise better results. Thank you again for taking the time to review us. We highly value your comments and feedback.

sugar land, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

nice place. good value. friendly staff. lots of amenities. will stay again. my family and i enjoyed our visit. the location was perfect. rooms were clean and roomy. the free breakfast was one of the best, almost like a restaurant.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with the Hampton Inn Norman and for taking the time to post a review. I'm glad to hear that the amenities and location of our hotel provided you with a great stay. Come back anytime!!

Canandaigua, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We spent four nights in this hotel while visiting Norman for a reunion in June. The hotel was clean, quiet, and very well air conditioned. We really enjoyed all the options on the breakfast bar, which included hot eggs, meat (sausage, bacon), and french toast/pancakes, along with oatmeal, cereal, fruit, yogurt, pastries, and waffles. The type of egg, meat and pancakes changed daily. The staff at the breakfast bar was friendly and helpful, as were the workers at the front desk. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and we were on the first floor and had very high ceilings, which made the room seem very spacious. Free wi-fi that worked well was a bonus, and plenty of free parking. Recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have high ceilings that make the room seem bigger.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us while you were in and for recommending us to others. We are always happy to hear that you had a great stay. Your kind words are greatly appreciated by the entire staff. We look forward to your next stay.

Albuquerque
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I booked this hotel for 2 nights due to a kind of spur of the moment trip to visit a friend. There aren't a lot of hotels in Norman, but I would definitely recommend this one. I splurged, and treated myself to the King suite with the Jacuzzi tub, which was awesome. It is in the room, all by itself in the corner. I did find myself wishing I could see the TV while I was in it, but I managed! The morning I left, I had breakfast right after 6:00 am, and it was amazing. Nothing instant or powdered about this breakfast, everything was so fresh and delicious and there were lots of choices. The only negative thing about my stay was the A/C in my room. It's a unit under the window, and even though I set the thermostat for 69, it was still too warm in the room. You really had to be very close to the unit to be really cool. The bathroom was all the way across the room, and was sweltering to be in. I realize it's July, but still I did expect an expensive hotel room to be cooler than my own house with it's crappy swamp cooler. Anyway, I would still go back because the pros outweighed the cons.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I’m so sorry that the A/C unit was not cooling the entire room; I am working on how to remedy that situation. The Hampton breakfast has made many improvements over the years to satisfy every eater. Thanks again for your comments; we look forward to your next visit!

Lindale, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

We recently stayed here for one night and will definitely stay again! We were exhausted and had just had bad experience at another hotel and had to find another place to stay. The young lady at the desk, think her name was Amanda, was so helpful, kind, and understanding as well as efficient, She even showed my husband the room first to be sure it met our needs. Yes, it might could use some updating but we were very satisfied with the cleanliness and comfort of room. The staff were all friendly and helpful even in the breakfast area.
We will be returning to this area soon and plan on staying here again. It is also close to restaurant row which is a plus!

Room Tip: We had a room with king size bed and it was very comfortable. Our room was near parking lot on first...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay in July. Im so sorry you experience a bad stay in a different hotel however I am thankful you chose Hampton Inn Norman. The staff truly tries to accommodate every guest; I will pass along your kind comments to them! We look forward to your next visit.