“Older and smaller, and okay for Hampton standards”
Review of Hampton Inn Norman

Hampton Inn Norman
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I'll parrot the other reviewers that this is an older property and thge room is a bit smaller than the contemporary Hampton's. Still it was nice enough. I'll also parrot the other reviewers that my room had some minor maintenance issues that you start to get as a property ages. Still the bed was comfortable, the staff was courteous and helpful, and the breakfast was good. All that said the rate is that of a more recent property, which maybe the powers that e need to consider given the aforementioned issues.

Room Tip: On the second floor the ice machine is at the end opposite the elevator. If your room is near the e...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Jay P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Norman, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value your comments and kind words. We strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible. While we can't do much about the size of our rooms, we will work on the other issues you mentioned and hope to see you in the future.

Jay Potter

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Having stayed at many Hampton Inns and having great experiences at all of them, I was sorely disappointed in this one. The hotel is in disrepair. We checked in and found our room had a leaky toilet and a clogged bathtub drain. We were moved immediately to another room which smelled musty for the duration of our 2-day stay. The outside door handle on that room was loose and you really had to yank it closed to get it to catch. The ice machine on our floor was broken.
The staff was very nice and accommodating, the breakfast was great, the pool was great, it was just the state of the hotel that was unacceptable in comparison to the Hampton Inn standards. I felt sorry for the staff, as they had their hands full in dealing with the place.

Room Tip: Check your bathroom drains and toilet before you get settled in!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review, and your kind words about our team, breakfast and pool. We have addressed the specific issues with your rooms and made repairs. The ice machine was out of order for three days while we awaited parts for the repair and is now in proper working order. I am terribly sorry that we fell short of your expectations.

I hope that you will give us another chance.

Jay Potter

Reviewed May 26, 2012

I stayed at the Norman Hampton Inn one night this week and was pleased with the experience, as usual. I so enjoy being able to sit on the bed and know it is perfectly clean.....no dirty, seldom washed comforter or blankets that other people have used over and over without washing! Frankly, the reason I stay at Hampton Inns is the fact that everything on the bed is washed for each guest. But that isn't the only good thing about it. The beds and pillows are comfortable, and there are 5 or 6 pillows on the bed. The whole room is spotless and inviting. The air conditioning works properly. The staff members are friendly and helpful. The breakfast is good. The hotel is quiet. The price is fair. There are fancier hotels at much greater prices, but why would anyone waste money when this is such a good place to stay at such a bargain?

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Betty M
Jay P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Norman, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Thank you again for your kind comments! We always appreciate positive feedback from our returning guests and share your kind words with our staff. It makes our efforts all worthwhile. We hope to see you again soon and as always, We Love Having you Here!

Jay

Reviewed April 22, 2012

This is a smaller Hampton, only 2 floors. Outside is landscaped nicely. Rooms have been totally remodeled, everything looks great, & works properly. A/C was nice & cold. Breakfast was great, more variety than most hotels, including other Hamptons! Staff was friendly and welcoming. Several restaurants right next to hotel, large mall across the street. Great stay, will return!

• Stayed: April 2012
Jay P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Norman, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our team strives to make our guests feel welcome and appreciated and comments such as yours make that all worthwhile.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I stay at this hotel at last once a month. The front desk personnel are always friendly and welcoming. I love everything about this place. There are several great places to eat from fast food to relaxing restaurants. The mall is across the street and several stores are within walking distance. What more can you want when traveling for business?!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments.....

We work hard to make every stay a good one and it is great to hear from our guests. I will share your comments with our staff so they know that their efforts are not going unrecognized.

Please let us know if we can ever be of service again....

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I've stayed at at least 8 different Hampton Inns. All have been equally good. In a few days I'll be staying at the one in Norman for the 3rd or 4th time. I certainly can't tell that this is an older one! The rooms are of adequate size. The amenities are equal to all the others, and better than at other well known hotels. Beds are very comfortable. Bathrooms are nice. Everything is spotlessly clean. I appreciate having the bedding on my bed not to have been directly against some other person's skin before I slept in it. Having a thermostat for the air conditioning is appreciated, and Hamptons are the only moderately priced hotels I've ever seen that has them. Continental breakfasts are about the same at all hotels, and this one was perfectly okay. It's quiet in the rooms......no noise from the halls or adjoining rooms. I am definitely a Hampton Inn customer all the time when I travel.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad one!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Kimberly S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Norman, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2017

I'm so happy to hear that you think of Hampton Inn by Hilton Norman as a great home away from home! That is exactly what we aim to do for all of our guests. We work hard to ensure that all rooms are clean and ready for each guest so they feel comfortable relaxing after a long day. We look forward to your visiting again in the future.

Reviewed December 6, 2011

We primarily stay at Hamptons.....this is an older one, the first time we stayed here, we were put by the exterior door at the end of the hall, it was very noisy, we asked for a room change....the staff was exceptionally nice and helpful.....there are a few maintenance housekeeping problems, though.....when we checked in today, the thermostat knob was missing from our refrigerator, but it is cold enough......when we were here November 20th, there was coffee left in our coffee pot from whoever stayed in room last.....and the used coffee filter, which we have never encountered any problems at any other Hamptons, but the staff is very good at taking care of the problems.....will continue to stay here.

Room Tip: first floor ......just ask for rooms that are not right next to the fitness room door or the exterio...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank beachlover4860

We are an older Hampton and we definitely aim to maintain ourselves at all times. I sincerely apologize that you encountered any problems while staying with us. I will be speaking with our executive housekeeper to ensure that we are implementing a more thorough examination of all rooms before guest are allowed to check in. We want all guests to have a happy experience while with us. It is great to hear that the staff immediately handled any issues that you did have. Thank you for bringing this issues to my attention.