“the best stay EVER”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Norman
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed May 10, 2010

this was the best stay i have ever had at a hotel, the staff was trhe best i have seen in a long time the rooms were great and comfy. i loved that it didnt feel like a hotel but almost like a friends hose i was staying at. there was a large group staying and they were getting a little noisey so i called the front desk and they took care of it right away! now thats what i call sevice! and to those who say it was a bad hotel your crazy! i want to go back just to stay there!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank virg_coley
mgmt_lqnorman, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Norman, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2010

Thank you for your review! At our hotel we strive for excellence and to know that we were able to meet all your expectations is great! I will be sure to let everyone on our staff know to keep up their good work. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed April 27, 2010

The motel was clean enough & breakfast was acceptable & was quiet.Got receipt under the door for night stay that had a 0 balance.When I went to breakfast brought up the receipt..Nicole tried to charge me 9.00 more than what the confirmation had said..Claims that it was made thru the call center & she didn't have a price.So I had to walk to the other end of the motel as our room was at the end to get the confirmation to show Nicole.The next La Quinta we stayed at I asked if it shows a price & the guy said yes.So I don't know what she was trying to pull.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2010

pro: large sized rooms, clean, free breakfast (not great, but good enough), free wifi
con: very small beds (too small)

Room was large and nicely appointed. I don't know, but I think this room might have been recently refurbished. It was large enough you might be able to fit 2 King sized beds in the room. But instead you get 2 tiny double sized beds and lots of open floor space.

The free breakfast was generic, but acceptable. Make your own waffles, fruit (apples and bananas), cold cereal and milk, packets of instant oatmeal, bread and bagels with toaster, coffee and OJ. The coffee is available all day. But it's your typical lousy American coffee (ie Dunken Doughnuts quality). I make Italian espresso at home so most American coffee is weak and lacks flavor to my taste. Free copies of USA Today in the lobby.

The place seemed clean and the staff friendly. I only slept here and eat breakfast. Then I was gone all day for the 2 days I was in town. Rooms were very quiet, but then there weren't many people staying there during my visit.

One major complaint... they use double (aka full) sized beds. Double beds are the domain of 1-star bottom end joints. No decent 3-4-5 star hotel would touch a double bed - queen and/or king only. I'm above average tall, but don't think of myself as a giant (6'4"). I'm an inch taller than a twin or double bed is long. Why would a place have flat screen TV, lots of room space, nice appointments, then use a double bed? Penny wise - pound foolish.

If you are looking for a good 2-star place I recommend the LaQunita Norman. If you want a 3-star or better, I'd have to give it a thumbs down because of the double beds.

Pool is outside (I didn't use it in December). Fitness area available, but I didn't use it. The business center was a desktop PC with printer in the lobby, but it was out of order. There was free wifi.

I only paid $66 per night. So at that price I'd call it decent value.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2009

Paid over $100 to spend a night in a room with stains on the furniture,brown stains on the bedspread, a red hair under the pillow(we are not red heads), and dead bed bugs in the blanket on our bed. Could not call the front desk, the room phone by the bed did not work. Housekeeping knocked 3 times between 9:00 and 10:45 after being told we would be out in 1.5 hours or 2hours. Check out is 12:00pm. At 10:45 housekeeping knocked and asked us to leave so they could clean the room. Will not ever stay in this hotel or any other LaQuinta again. Miserable night! Reported the above online to LaQuinta. They called once and left a message. My husband called back but no one answered the phone. Have not heard from them since. Don't stay here. Don't have a miserable night.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bypal
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Our family stayed here for 3 nights while visiting relatives. The front desk was
very nice during check-in and any time we needed extra towels, etc. The rooms were
clean and attractively decorated. I agree with a previous reviewer... it would have been
nice to have had 2 queen beds instead of the 2 standard beds.
I say ditto to the reviewer who said the breakfast needed work.. We also thought
the gravy was watered down and wasn't good. They to improve on the variety
of breakfast choices.
The location was good, with eating places close by. And the rates were affordable.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2009

This location has a traditional architecture but contemporary interior decor. The effect is odd. Add the typical blah LQ customer service and it's kind of cold. It also seemed worn. The exterior hallway door didn't close and many room door handles were hanging down. Our room was rather sparse but OK other than the ant infestation on the desk and vanity. The pool was also full of bugs. The hotel is conveniently located to retail and restaurants. I would stop here again if convenient but wouldn't pay a lot.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2009

We arrived on Friday evening and found the La Quinta Inn & Suites to be a better than average La Quinta. The girl at the front desk was very friendly and attentive.
We found our room to be very clean, neat, and nicely decorated. My only complaint with the rooms at this location is that their rooms with two beds are standard with double beds not queens as in other locations. Having two full size teens the double beds don't work well but we made it through by bringing an air matress for one of the kids.
This location does have a very well equiped exercise room that is a major plus.
On the downside, I have to agree with a couple of other reviews that the breakfast needs some attention and some additions. When we went down at 7:30 the waffle iron had a long line and when we left at 8:45 it was even worse. In addition the hard boiled eggs were frozen so I had to microwave them. The coffee and the hot water were both luke warm making it necessary to make oatmeal in the microwave that put a hole in the styrofoam bowl. The selection of cereals, breakfast rolls, bagels, etc was very limited at best and just like an earlier review said the gravy for the biskits was more like white water not really resembling anything you would want to eat. All that being said the person attending the breakfast was very attentive in keeping things stocked. There just wasn't a lot to stock.
I did look out back and the pool and garden area looked very nice for a spring or summer visit.
If the breakfast is not a big deal to you and your family, I would highly recommend this location when looking for affordable lodging in Norman. If breakfast is a big deal this is still a nice place, just don't set your expectations too high or you can walk next door to IHOP.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family