“First Time Here, Will Return”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Norman
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“First Time Here, Will Return”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Everything about this stay was great, except for a few minor things. First, the pros:

I read the reviews about this hotel and was worried about my stay. I was on the first floor and I smelled nothing. The only thing I could almost barely make out was the smell of industrial cleaners used to clean the rooms with, but it was very faint. I went up to the second and third floor and smelled the same thing. I didn't bother going to the fourth because I assumed it would be the same.

The room was HUGE! I reserved a king, so I expected something large, but not that large. I've stayed in several La Quinta's and this room, by far, was the largest room I've stayed in. It was very modern and the TV was mounted to the wall and could swivel for easier viewing, if needed.

Breakfast was as good as a chain hotel can get. I stayed when there was a family reunion, so there was a lot of traffic, yet the staff kept everything stocked up, such as cutlery and condiments.

Now, for the few bad things:

Not one hour into my stay, my room key stopped working. I went to go get dinner immediately after I set my bags down and when I got back, my key didn't work. I went to the front desk and they took care of it immediately.

My room refrigerator didn't seem to be working. I've stayed in a few La Quinta's and that seems to be a ongoing trend site-wide. Luckily, I didn't need anything that needed to be refrigerated.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Hays, Kansas
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This hotel has gone downhill significantly since my last stay there two years ago. The facilities are not well maintained and the room and hallway were dank and musty. The breakfast provided was at best, adequate, but not something I have come to expect from LQ. I am still a fan of the franchise, but I will not return to this hotel, nor will I recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Mike G
St. Louis, MO, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Very nice looking building, recently remodeled. Beautiful gazebo and courtyard next to the outdoor pool. Room was spacious but otherwise okay. Very easy to use tv guide system (as opposed to some horrible ones I've used). Convenient location.

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had reservations for 3 nights but when we checked in and got to our room it was terrible! The room smelled of mold and mildew. I told the receptionist the room was disgusting and we would not stay one night let alone 3 nights. I should have known there would be issues when we got in the elevator and saw how dirty the walls were. The carpet smelled in the halls and the room was so hot when we entered the mold and mildew feed from the excess heat. We did get our money back and told the lady "This place needs to be shut down and completley over hauled or to be condemned!"

Room Tip: ask to see the rooms before you give them a credit card
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Woody1048
Aurora, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have stayed at this particular hotel for years and I continue to do so because the service is excellent. The staff are always available to assist in any way they can. The accommodations are excellent and the amenities are an excellent value for the money. I cannot recommend La Qunita Inns enough no matter where one goes.

Sugar Land, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Hotels was great!
Clean and modern
It was very clean and staff was helpful and friendly. We came in late and they greeted us like it was first thing in the morning. We would stay there again:)
It was easy to get in and out of as we were pulling a twelve foot trailer.

Stayed May 2014
CANYON,TX, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Started staying at this LaQuinta about 2007, and stay here anytime we're in Oklahoma City area. Facility is clean and nice inside and out. People are friendly and accommodating to one's needs. Internet is quick and easy to access. Easy on/off from interstate.