La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Norman
Country Inn
$109
$129
$118
Fairfield Inn & Suites Norman(Norman)(Great Value!)
$89
Sooner Legends(Norman)(Great Value!)
$88
$78
Hotels.com
$89
Sleep Inn & Suites Norman(Norman)(Great Value!)
$76
SleepInn
Comfort Inn & Suites(Norman)(Great Value!)
ComfortInn
$70
TripAdvisor
All reviewshome depotsmall dogroom was cleaneasy accessred robinstaff was very friendlynice place to staywafflesparking lothot breakfastfree breakfastthe breakfast areapetihopdeskrenovationmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I booked our room through Priceline, so we did pay a little less than I expected to. At the desk, they were very nice and welcoming. Our room was near the end of the hall on the first floor, easy for going out to our car. Since this is a pet friendly hotel, I didn't know what to expect. We didn't hear any sounds the first two nights, and then an occasional bark. Unfortunately we were woke up by arguing in the hall one night. Our suggestion is take ear plugs...for either loud guests or dogs barking. Our room was very nice and looked exactly as it does on the website. They gave us plenty of towels and housekeeping comes in each day to take care of things. Breakfast is served 6:00 am to 9:00 am and it was quite satisfactory. If you are not happy with their breakfast, you have IHOP right next door. Only downside to our entire stay there....was no hot water on our last day. It was not going to be fixed until the afternoon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DLMDLR
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We were lied to when we checked in last Thursday. There is NO HOT WATER here! We were told that a plumber was "on site" and there would be hot water within 1-11/2 hours. Still no hot water Friday a.m. Told the same LIE by front desk. Same LIE Friday night, Saturday a.m. and Saturday night. We were also told very rudely that there would be NO refunds or discounts and if we didn't like it we could check out and get another hotel but would STILL have to PAY the full bill for our reservation here! When pressed to speak to a manager, the front desk told several of us we would get a response when he checked his email. The 1 800 La Quinta number couldn't get a straight answer either and were useless despite staying on hold for over an hour.
If this is how La Quinta runs its business, I do not know how they are still in business. WORST HOTEL in OKLAHOMA!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Suanne H
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Norman, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Hi Suanne - Thanks for taking the time to write of your experience at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City - Norman. We're sorry about the hot water issues you experienced. That is definitely a frustrating time, and we can absolutely understand why you've written your comments. We'd like to chat with you further about your individual situation. Would you mind reaching out to us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com? Thanks again for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

A La Quinta traveler

Reviewed January 15, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We booked this room via Priceline, so I always take with a grain of salt what I am getting for the money I spend. That said, I am glad I paid the Priceline rate vs any other rate I could usually have negotiated.

Great location off the highway, but construction at this time hampered our arrival just a bit. We had called hotel earlier in the evening. Desk staff very friendly and helpful, but a heads-up on the closed exit would have been appreciated.

Check In was good, even for a VERY late arrival (near midnight).

Of two rooms, the first had not been cleaned or straightened from the prior guest. Second was not locked due to damage to lock (look like it had been forced or tampered with). My wife took photos for Desk Manager to view. He immediately said, "Not again" and personally escorted us up to view the rooms personally (we later learned that several staff had just been sacked due to falsifying room cleaning records).

We were given two new rooms which were in reasonably acceptable condition. Bath's had a somewhat "fish tank" like aroma to them once showers were taken. This building is an older design and ventilation in baths was not good. Bath is closed off from room by two closet like light doors (privacy was not ensured by them).

My standard check of a hotel room includes signs for bedbugs, and HAVC unit filter cleaning. Both passed with flying colors.

Elevator's alarm sounded without reason, and inside panel was very loose. Again, older design building. We were told many upgrades were in the plans, including replacement of elevator.

Public areas were clean, but looked tired, outdated (70-80's décor?), and worn.

Breakfast was not well supervised and items ran out at times (again, probably short-staff related). Selection even for a continental level was not what I expected, or have experienced in other 2.5 star locations or other LaQuinta's of this size and type.

Work out room equipment was either very old and used, or second-hand equipment. Bike did not have any power running to it - none of the options or setting worked. Universal weight machine had no lbs numbers on the weights. No disinfectant wipes were made available (a near standard we have seen in the past 2 years for any good workout room). Mirrored wall made this small area seem twice as big as it actually was.

Upon checkout, we asked about any points that could be applied to our LaQuinta account. We were told they do not do this, but we would have to contact LaQuinta to have those points applied (this is the first time this had ever happened to us at a LaQuinta). We were given a brochure to use for this. We later looked at it and it was an application for new membership.

Boiled down to the basics: for what I paid, I cannot complain much for what we got. We needed a break within a 21 hour road trip, and just needed a clean bed and meal in the morning. Had I paid full price however, I would have been very disappointed. At best, this is a clean (when cleaned!) but struggling 2.0 star quality location - but certainly is not up to the standard that I have seen at most 2.5 star locations. Staff will of course be replaced, and more efficiency will return to this business, but the building and amenities need significant upgrading before I could rate this as a 2.5 star location.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family