“We can't decide what we liked best!!”
Review of Legend's

Legend's
Reserve with OpenTable
Legend's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 329 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Barbara, California
“We can't decide what we liked best!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I were was passing through town recently on a long road trip and decided to try this local hotspot. Upon entering the door we couldn't help but notice the beautiful dessert selection to our left and the most amazing salad bar to our right. The atmosphere was heavenly, the service was excellent, the food was amazing, (try the lobster mac and cheese!!) and the artwork was lovely. We will definitely make time to hit this spot again on our return trip!

Jacksonville, FL
“Review of Legend Restaurant”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

While in Norman I ate at the legends restaurant on Lindsey Street and found the food marvelous and the service excellent. What was impressive was the cleanliness of and attitude of the greeting staff, it was great. Food variety was great and I loved the wine, cabernet.

One suggestion was that the chicken crepes could have had a little more chicken in them. The prices were great for what I wold call a higher end restaurant and the deserts were fabulous, lemon cake and blueberry cobbler. Try both.

Dallas, Texas
“Lovely restaurant, great service”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

After taking my daughter to tour OU we were starving, and my rush to find a lunch spot ended when we stepped inside Legend's. It was not at all what I was expecting from my map's "American $$"; it was so much more. Even at lunch on a Monday, the waiters wear suits, tables have white table cloths, and the rolls are hot. Overall, the food was terrific. My quiche on the lunch special was delightful, while my daughter enjoyed her panko chicken strips, and her friend loved her sun dried tomato pasta. Walking in, you have to pass a case at eye level with all the desserts on display, so we split a slice of chocolate amaretto cake - divine! Service was attentive, courteous, and helpful without being stuffy. I even saw our waiter use his own cell phone to help an elderly diner contact a friend who was late. The ambiance is very upper crust, old money, with a grand piano and lovely art work on the walls. Our lunch entrees ranged from about $9-$15, overall a good price for such a nice experience.

Tyler, Texas
“Best Eggs Benedict I have ever had!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Wow! We went to Sunday brunch and were blown away! I used to think the best Eggs Benedict to be found was at Brennan's in Houston or New Orleans. Well this place wins hands down! And a whole lot less money! And to think, tucked away in little old Norman, Oklahoma. On Sunday, they have a self serve Bloody Mary Bar where you can concoct your own with every imaginable ingredient you could think of. Delicious! The atmosphere has such ambiance with a grand piano, white tablecloths, very attentive and friendly staff. Very romantic! I just wish that I could somehow clone this place and move it to Texas! We don't have a reason to go to Norman other than a football game every other year so it is not on our radar scope. But for those of you who do and can, do not miss this place!

• Visited October 2012
“Still a lovely dining experience after all these years”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We had Legend's for lunch yesterday. I ordered the chicken medallions with lemon caper sauce and a bowl of french onion soup. The meal came with the salad bar.

First off, my waitress was supremely friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is always lovely inside this establishment...a grand piano, featured artwork by local artists, and crisp white tablecoths. This restaurant makes me remember a time when restaurants were expected to be something special...a place to find romance...a place to really "wine and dine". I love the fact that Legend's hasn't changed much if at all since they opened.

The salad bar is always fresh. I made my salad with spinach, red peppers, boiled eggs, tabouli, cheese, and a black bean and corn relish topped with chunky bleu cheese dressing. Very yummy and one could easily make that a meal.

The chicken medallions were also delicious. ...they could have used a tiny more seasoning and the basmati rice was cooked perfectly. I was too full to finish my soup. All in all another fine dining experience and I will continue my loyal patronage here as often as I get the chance!

• Visited June 2013