“No room for wheelchairs”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
First Council Casino
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Newkirk
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“No room for wheelchairs”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

This casino is packed so tight with slot machines that my wheelchair couldn't fit thru! My husband had to whined this way and that and even ask people to move. Now the concert venue has set seating. They used to move chairs for me so I could sit with my husband. I don't know what they will do now. I will find out on Friday when I go watch fights. Highly disappointed.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank MichelleTumbleson

Salina, Kansas
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“NO Poker room”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I travelled to this casino so I could attend the BB KING concert. THe event center really gets incredible talent even tho it is a small venue. He was very disappointed when when got there to find they had taken out the poker room. The hotel room was new, pretty basic amentities and breakfast for $170!
We'll not go back!

Visited May 2013
5 Thank joks1
Ponca City, Oklahoma
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“New Seats”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I have been to shows at the casino in the past. We sat comfortably and loved the venue! However, in March 2013 we went to see Credence Clearwater Revisited, It was a great show, but we were disappointed in the new seats. The casino used to have folding chairs that us larger folk could kind of move around slightly to not crowd others. Now the casino has gone with chairs that are attached to each other and there is no way to move them. My husband is large and an even larger woman had the seat two seats down from my husband. I had to sit completely sideways glued to my husband. Luckily my husband had an isle seat or I do not think the three of us could have all sat. The venue is fine for average size folks, but if you are a large person, just be aware that you will be uncomfortable. Try to get an aisle seat. Also, if you want to eat at the restaurant there before the show, plan on it taking over an hour to eat. The food is good, but the service is slow.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Julie P
Winfield, Kansas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“SMOKE...SMOKE....SMOKE!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I could hardly breath! The cigarette smoke was so thick you could cut it with a knife!! I got a headache right away. I guess if you can stand the smoke you could have fun. Personally, if I have to change my clothes outside to prevent the stink of cigarette smoke in my home, I can't say I want to go back. They did have a "smoke free" room....excuse me???....it was a tiny little room with a couple slots. Good thing about it is that I don't linger and spend more money gambling!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Kmoser1
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice but no service”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The casino was nice, clean but after 3 hours of play I was never offered any beverage, I did see the waitresses talking with other employees but I had to go to the bar to get a drink

Visited February 2012