“Unique Atmosphere, Locally Owned, Owners on Site, with Decent Food.”

Okies Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #58 of 128 Restaurants in Muskogee
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Jacksonville, IL
“Unique Atmosphere, Locally Owned, Owners on Site, with Decent Food.”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was along our way and our hotel clerk recommended it so we came. I bet this is a hoppin place on a summer Friday or Saturday night! The owners were right here waiting tables, cooking, and making sure you had a good experience. I like that. The decorations are truly old west and country. My husband is really picky about his steaks and he said it was very good. I had the grilled catfish and was happy with it. The upstairs has a HUGE projection screen that can be seen from all over the restaurant and many of the booths and tables are unique, too. If you are here, you need to experience it! It's so much better than the chain.

Claremore, Oklahoma
“The food was OK”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I am well versed in steaks, not an expert but know what I am looking for in taste, size etc.

I went there for my birthday, outside looks nice as well as the inside, I like the country look and feel to the place. Service was good to a point, it wasn't overly busy, and our drinks(soda, tea) went dry before offering a refill, something I'm not a fan of.

Steak was a decent size for the price but there was no flavor to it, pretty much a steak thrown on the grill. It was cooked right, just no flavor.

If there was a in between poor and average, that is where I would rate this. It wasn't poor and it wasn't average.

Steak needs more flavor, and wait staff needs to step it up a little bit, I would hate to see this place slammed and the wait staff moving like snails.

Visited February 2013
New Braunfels, Texas
“Good value ... warm and comfortable place on a cold night.”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

While traveling through Muskogee last night we happened upon Okie’s and based upon the myriad of fast food alternatives, we were pleasantly surprised. The service was quite good and the food was very reasonably priced. Although, the menu was mainly limited to items made with hamburger and inexpensive beef steaks, the food was well prepared and hot. The side dishes were plentiful and reasonably tasty. They have a full bar, but the house chardonnay was pretty weak. We loved the eclectic western style décor. The restaurant was warm and comfortable on a cold night. We will likely return the next time we are driving through Muskogee.

• Visited December 2012
“Not going back”
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

They didn't have coots light or miller light...we ordered soup and salad to start off...so bad that we didn't even bother to get steaks. The waitress was very nice but didn't remember a whole lot and there were only two tables occupied in the place.

1 Thank SamandMiranda
Muskogee, Oklahoma
“A bad visit”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

we just ate there the food its self was good but we paid 16.99 for a steak and a potato and a roll and a side salad the steak was the size of a coffee cup and the salad was in a lil bowl nothing but lettuce and we had to keep asking the watress for a lime about 3 times it took her forever to take our order it was just not a very good visit and there was hair rolled up in the silverware

• Visited October 2012