“Very nice and new hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Muskogee
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Muskogee
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I stay at LaQuinta Inns fairly frequently and this one may be the best I've stayed in. I was told that it opened in September 2013 and it is still very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well. It was on a main strip in Muskogee and not far from all of the restaurants. I would recommend this one to anyone.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jason M

A La Quinta traveler
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed April 21, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel is only 6 months old, according to the staff yet there's water damage on the ceiling on the first floor, it's newness and lack of clean air keeps horrible chemical and paint smells throughout. Occasionally someone would leave the hall door open, which would send in mildewy smelling air throughout the hall. The entire hotel is so bright it makes waking up or being extremely tired and leaving your room nearly impossible and blinding. The location is terrible, being on a high traffic road. There's absolutely no where to sit out doors. Not a single bench. You can hear what people next to and above you are doing. Water running, toilets flushing, running and it's loud! Breakfast was the same as most La Quinta's except there was no coffee regular creamer, only packets of powdered cream and French vanilla mini- moo's. Lastly... The staff. I found the staff quite rude. Upon check in I asked if there was a pool. I was told, rudely, if that was something I needed go across the street. When I asked to see a double queen or a king with a pullout, I was told it'd cost too much money for the king (it doesn't...) even after I requested the first floor and was told there were no rooms available, yet when my husband went in there was a king (which we wanted) on the first floor. There were no sheets, blankets or pillows on the pullout, the first time we asked we told everything was in the room, it wasn't, when we went back for pillows, they only had one throughout the hotel. I also found the room to be a bit dirty- toilets and bathtub needed a good cleaning, as do the halls and lobby floors. Trash was over flowing in the laundry room, where the washer settings aren't correct and the dryer doesn't dry clothes well. I wouldn't stay here again... Not just the hotel but this town all together.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Casey831
A TripAdvisor Member
chickasha
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was very nice place to stay. It was clean, the food was great. The staff was very nice and helpful. The check in and out was fast. Did not haft to wait for my room it was ready. We will stay their again the time in town.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We read previous reviews of this motel so stayed there. It was nice, new, but not exceptional. The room was small but typically furnished with one office chair and one nicer chair plus a king bed
The breakfast was disappointing. We arrived about 8:45 ( breakfast was from 6 to 9) and we had to ask for items. There was no fresh fruit which one expects at this level motel. At exactly 9 all was put away except coffee
We will not return

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The hotel was beautiful! The bed was comfortable. The Internet was fast. The breakfast was delicious and had so many choices. The hotel staff was so nice and efficient. I loved my stay and we stayed for a week.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family