“Great Oklahoma BBQ” 5 of 5 bubbles

My Place Bar-b-Que
Ranked #4 of 127 Restaurants in Muskogee
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bixby, OK
“Great Oklahoma BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2014

There are two My Place BBQ Restaurants in Muskogee. The My Place West on Okmulgee is the best (on West Okmulgee Street). You can get a rib dinner with a copious amount of great BBQ beans and fresh cut homemade fries for less than $10. On Fridays all you can eat for $12.85. The ribs are meaty and fall off the bone tender with a great hickory smoked flavor. Other sides are available. They also have a varied menu for those in your party who don't want ribs of BBQ. The restaurant is clean service is good, waitresses are friendly. Who could ask for more.. If you like good BBQ you will love My Place.

• Visited August 2014

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Muskogee has an enormous amount of barbecue places so picking the best one is probably next to impossible. My Place has two locations, one extremely old and with a diner feel, another newer with a lodge type atmosphere.

The prices are cheaper than eating at McDonalds and the food far surpasses anything else you might get in Muskogee. While the service at this location is worse than the newer location, this one still has charm.

Pick anything, it will be great, trust me.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Good Memories”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to this location since I was little boy, on our return from the stock yard. The Hickory BBQ taste is worth the drive from New Mexico every year I return to taste the combination plate. The fried okra, so fresh and hot you can eat it like pop corn from the basket. The only thing that has changed in 35 year's is that they used to serve drinks in Mason jars which sent them apart from other bbq places.

Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Possibly the Best BBQ I've Ever Had!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

It's hard to say, considering my hometown is near several amazing BBQ joints, but My Place is the real deal! $10.49 for BBQ buffet and every single item was near perfect!!! Ribs, brisket, chicken, etc. Can't complain!

Visited March 2014
Muldrow
“Food were good, but not sauce for us”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We were on the way home and decided to stop for dinner in Muskogee. We chose this place based on the rating. Food were good, especially fried okra!!
But the BBQ sauce was too sweet for us, so were beans. The BBQ sauce had some taste that we did not care for. Not bad at all, but we would like to try other BBQ place next time.

• Visited March 2014