“Wow - Get some of this!”

Gino's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 132 Restaurants in Muskogee
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Talk about tasty! We had a great meal at Gino's. looking around the other tables, it looked like the other folks had some pretty good plates of food as well. I had a hard time deciding exactly what to order. The rolls are excellent and plentiful. We had a little mixup on our ceasar salads but it was not really big enough to complain about. If you are looking for Italian, it is here. It is authentic. Great for the family and get togethers of all sizes. It looked family owned and they took pride in what they offered. Dont miss it.

There are newer reviews for Gino's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Went here based in reviews from TripAdvisor. It was good for the price and the rolls they give you with dinner were the best.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This place was really great. It was also a nice surprise because I didn't think I would have amazing Italian in Muskogee OK. I have been to Italy and I must say it was better then some of my meals I had there. I read some of the previous reviews of this place and I am quite shocked at some of the responses.First off, if I remember correctly, the family that runs it is Sicilian. A quick history and geography lesson. Sicily is an island off the coast of Italy which has been occupied by different places over the centuries. So Sicilian food highlights many of these Greek, African, and Norman flavors.Also, Italian food varies greatly by region. So the dishes you grew up loving are from many different regions. Many of the dishes we love have been Americanized. This is a great authentic Italian restaurant. Figure out what they do well and don't expect it to be like the Itilan you've had before because different regions are going to have different flavors and different takes on the classics from different regionslive Realize how lucky you are to have authentic Italian in your town. I live in a larger town with much worse Italian at a much higher price.

4  Thank Lizzie0113
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is the only Italian restaurant in Muskogee. The food is very good and the staff is super friendly. It is not a chain. It is a small, independent establishment. It's great for couples, groups, friends, etc. If you are in Muskogee and are in the mood for Italian, you should give them a try.

1  Thank DHJ72
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Yes, Gino's has a reputation, but it has to be the locals comparing them to pizza chains. On a galactic scale they are just average.

Best point: Service. You will be greeted at the door, your server will be quick and courteous and management will drop by your table to see if you are satisfied.

Second best point: My date said their diet Coke was the best one she ever had anywhere. My lemonade was from a mix and was rather ordinary.

Worst point: Parking. It is adequate, but just. The lot is tight and when we were there at noon on Sunday it was a trick to park.

Medium points: Sadly, customer relations does not make the food better. Our specialty pizza and lasagna were OK, but I can't go beyond that. I have had freezer-section store lasagna that was that good. Sad, too, because they made us feel so welcome I would have been embarrassed to complain. The pizza was fine, but not exceptional. Hope you like thin crust, because there are no choices.

There is nothing affirmatively wrong with their ambience or décor, but they are not big selling points, either. Seating is comfortable, but close to other diners. Your date is not going to be blown away by the experience.

1  Thank GoOSUCowboys