“can't sleep”

Hampton Inn Muskogee
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Muskogee
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We checked in the hotel was nice and clean but the rooms were to small the beds were to hard my children hed to sleep on the floor becuse the beds were to hard .I personally could not get the room to cool off at all . my husband was sick all night he could not get comfortable in that bed . we also heard loud noises all night long we also heard banging in the room. it was just a bad day in the hotel business i guess and when we checked out the front desk clerk was very rude and hateful to me and my children. after we left my whole family started itching. like the hotel had bugs or something .

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed February 7, 2010

This hotel is in a good location and the hotel itself was clean and well kept. My complaint is regarding the lack of training for the reservation receptionist's at the front desk I had requested to be on the top floor, away from the road/ice and elevator (quiet room). I requested a king, but noted 2 Queens would be fine if need be to meet our other requests. No one looked at the requests when assigning our room -they had us one second floor facing the road, by the elevator. At check in, we mentioned out request tfor a room on the quiet side and were told that there were no King rooms that met that criteria. They did not read our comments that they could substitute two queens and noted they rarily read the requests.. We ended up on the second floor with someone above us that literally sounded like they were pacing the floors and moving furniture half the night. Being awake half the night after driving 750 miles with 2 more days of similar driving to get to our final desination made this stay unpleasant. Next time we will stay at Holiday Express or Fairfield Inn which are both in the immediate vicinity.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Kimberly S
Reviewed November 8, 2009

Enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn. Got a military rate of $76.00 per night.
Great SIGNATURE HAMPTON BEDS..love them!! Tons of pillows!!
Loved the pool! Like a giant hot tub for my 6am swim.. also the spa was great.
Fitness center had treadmill, and several pieces of equipment and tv with remote.
Breakfast was great. Everything from oatmeal to muffins, to eggs to snacks.
Hot cookies each evening along with snacks all day long, hot chocolate, tea, coffee, etc and fruit. Vending machines have additional items.
GREAT VALUE! Trolley stops outside for transporation to the mall, VA Center, city centre etc.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank banburyokie
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Came to town for Rentiesville Blues Festival for the 1st time and the stay at your hotel helped make my trip best in a long, long time. Everyone was polite and friendly. the room was awesome, very clean. And the bed was (wow) great. Best nights sleep in a hotel EVER. Like a big baby, lol. Breakfast very nice also. Thank you and for all the blues festival to come I'll be your guest. Cya next year, I'll holla

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Basically well maintained standard Hampton Inn fare. Friendly check in and unusually comfortable mattress. Breakfast was a little on the dismal side. Not a great selection and the hot dish was never really something I would want to eat. Lighting in the room was very good. Overall nice large comfy room. The cleaning service was really pretty poor. My half empty styrofoam coffee cup was still where I left it when I came home in the evening. The trash was still full. Basically, I think the maid came in, made the bed, changed the towels and left because the room wasn't cleaned. It made me a bit concerned about the cleaning between guests.

I probably would choose someplace else when returning to the area, but I wouldn't say this place terrible or anything along those lines. I just think there are better choices nearby.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank AnotherHoustonian
Reviewed May 21, 2009

We booked this hotel since it was one of the few with rooms still available during the weekend we'd be at the Medieval Fair. Everything was great. Within 5 minutes of arriving in the room we got a call from the front desk asking if everything was OK and if we needed anything. We missed the free cookies due to our own fault. I really liked the location of the hotel: it is so close to a major road and lots of restaurants and stores, but not right smack in the middle of all the noise. It is a nice, quiet location. Beautiful property, too. We thought the continental breakfast was good, but they did run out of the kids' favorite yogurt. We will definitely book this hotel for our next visit to the area. It was wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2009

The Hampton Inn in Muskogee greatly exceeded our expectations. Traveling with a toddler is not easy and the hotel we choose can make or break a trip for us. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed we have EVER slept on (and we travel a lot)! The room was quite large (big enough to set up our pack 'n' play and not be tripping over it). The minifridge had a small freezer compartment, which we needed. The bathroom was spacious and nice. Everything was clean and tidy (and I'm a neat freak). We stayed on the third floor and it was very quiet. We all had a full night of uninterrupted sleep (which is rare for us in a hotel with our daughter). The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was great! They even had a little bookcase in the lobby which had a stack of children's books at the bottom, which was nice because my daughter was tired of all of hers that we had brought. We didn't get to enjoy the pool, but we saw a lot of other children swimming and it looked like a very nice facility as well (indoor and heated). Overall, very satisfied and wouldn't stay anywhere else in town.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family