“Appreciate help with gluten free info”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskogee
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Muskogee
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My son must eat gluten free and the front desk staff at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Muskogee was very helpful in finding a restaurant for us to eat dinner. They made several phone calls to area restaurants to check on availability of gluten free menus. I really appreciated their help with this.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
FFIGMOklahoma, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskogee, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

When you posed the question regarding gluten free options we have made an effort with guests having this same concern in the past. I am glad to know their are options for your dining choices here in Muskogee. Please come and stay with us again the next time your in town.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

When you are road-weary travelers during an ice storm, you don't gamble with your hotel. Albeit on the pricier end of area hotels, you can count on Marriott to deliver a consistent experience. Clean, modern lobby, free hot breakfast, comfortable eating area with high chairs (!!), spacious room, Paul Mitchell bath amenities, decent cable TV selection, free/reliable WIFI, etc. The Market (snack) area of this hotel lacked the assortment of items found at other Marriott properties but had enough to get you by with SOMETHING in a pinch. The staff's friendliness was a little underwhelming but still professional. There are small towns on the same street in both directions with restaurants and simple shopping (think Dollar General). The hotel is directly next door to IHOP- walking distance and open 24 hours. The room I booked online wasn't available when I arrived (??) but they upgraded us to a king suite room without a view. Sure there was a window with the Fairfield sign on the other side (see pictures). I recommend not accepting room 212 (I believe it was) if you're paying full price for this higher-end room. Overall, it was a very comfortable, clean, and satisfying stay during Ice Storm Cleon!

Room Tip: Request a room with some sort of view- not the rooms behind the Fairfield Inn lobby sign.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

I'm so thrilled to hear that your experience with us was a good one. We truly do strive to make you feel welcomed. We are always so greatful you chose us when there are other options. We hope you always chose us when you are in Muskogee.
Sincerely

Reviewed December 1, 2013

One night I was watching TV and suddenly a man came into my room.
He had the key to open the door, but he was not part of the hotel staff.
I immediately called the front desk but I've received no response nor an excuse.
Now I'm worried: If I was not in the room, that man could steal my things!
incredible!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

I am so very sorry for your experience with us here. There have been comprehensive training to ensure this does not happen. I do apologize for your experience with us. Please know this is not the norm for our property. I so apologize for this. Please be aware that the situation was corrected and I stress this is not the norm at our property. Please once again accept my apology.

Sincerly,

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was excellent. They had a heated indoor pool and hot tub that the kids loved. The room was beautiful and very clean. Our room had a sleeper sofa, second tv for the sitting area which was perfect for the Xbox, refrigerator and microwave. The free breakfast was delicious and replenished continuously.

Stayed: November 2013

I'm sorry for the delay in the response but it is encouraging to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. Thank you so much for chosing us. And we hope to see you again soon in Muskogee.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff is is very friendly & helpful! The lobby is very nice! We were booked a King Suite by our company. We were a little disappointed in the size of the room, seeing as to how large the lobby is. They should have downsized the lobby to make room for larger guest rooms. Our room was clean & the bed was comfy. The only downside to this hotel that we found was: #1 it's pretty noisy. We heard a lot of road noise. Lots of screeching tires and highway noises. #2The price of their guest laundry was outrageous! $4.00 a load! We stay 250+ nights a year in hotels and this is by far the highest laundry prices we've ever experienced! To top the price off only one of the washers wasn't working! Very aggravating! #3 breakfast was lacking! Their breakfast staff is rude and unprofessional! It wasn't ever properly stocked during our stay. Overall it's an average hotel. Would stay here again when in the area if the Holiday Inn Express was booked!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback with your stay. It never is easy to hear that you are average. I do appreciate your comments and will take them to heart in improving what we can do to make your experience with us more than average.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I think that this hotel is pretty good, but there were a few bad things, like the fact that their pool was overchlorinated, and if I opened my eyes underwater they would burn like h**l. Another thing was that the pool was right next to the exercise room, and the exercise room had an open window in it looking into the pool, so if a fat guy was sweating horribly and trying to exercise, then you'd have to watch him. The last thing was that they advertised breakfast sandwiches, but there was none. Everything else was great. Helpful staff, nice room, clean hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
FFIGMOklahoma, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskogee, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I do appreciate the time you took to let us know how we can improve. I have spoken with the staff regarding the window in the exercise room. They should be sure the blinds are closed. I also have made sure to speak with maintenance regarding the pool. Please consider staying with us again if your travels bring you through Muskogee.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Positives: vibrant decor; friendly lobby staff; quiet; wonderful desk employees
Negatives: less than average breakfast; tight parking spaces

This is the second of three Fairfield Inns we visited during a short autumn vacation. It appeared to be the newest, and overall provided the most pleasant experience of the trio. Not quite everything was perfect...but pretty close!

Delighting the Customer -

We arrived later than expected as the day hadn't gone as planned. Worsening the situation was the fact it was my wife's birthday. When the desk associate asked how the day had been, I shared some of the mishaps we'd encountered...all on what was supposed to have been a special day. Her response was most unexpected: an upgrade to a suite. But more impressive was the fact she went to my wife to extend a birthday greeting.

I've stayed hundreds of nights in hotels and never seen that happen. We knew immediately this was a special place.

It's What's Inside that Counts -

The building is very attractive; interior decor was almost stunningly beautiful. Vases and other decorative items could be found throughout. Facilities were clean and smelled fresh.

Our suite was equally impressive. It was not overwhelmingly large but was very well arranged and comfortably decorated. Amenities included a small refrigerator, microwave, and two televisions featuring some of the best programming we've seen in a hotel. Switching channels was easy...unlike in some hotels where add-ons make finding "regular" stations difficult.

The bathroom was very nicely appointed...like something from a home improvement show.

I'm not sure what Marriott is doing to their beds, but new mattresses seem a little lumpy to us. (Particularly compared to memory foam mattresses.) However, this one was very comfortable. We slept well the entire stay.

Although the building is near an intersection of busy highways, we heard little traffic noise from the parking lot, and none in our first-floor room. We also heard very little inside noise, despite the fact a family with four children lodged across the hallway.

The indoor pool was the cleanest we've ever seen. We were delighted to find it was heated, and spent a long while there because it felt so good. The gym was also in great condition.

Can We Park There?

Parking was adequate, sometimes a bit tight, due in part to overflow business from the adjacent IHOP. A lot of hotel customers are tradesmen who drive large pickups that completely fill spaces and sometimes extend into driving lanes. Some customers brought trailers. However, tight, we always found space.

Improvement Opportunity -

Breakfast was the least impressive of the three hotels we stayed in this trip, and was less than most hotels we've visited the past two years. (Observation: It's interesting that we were once surprised to receive muffins and coffee at a hotel. Now, a well-stocked breakfast bar is expected.)

Food options were limited Sunday: just two varieties of pre-packaged cereal, two slices (yes...slices) of bread, one flavor of muffins, a few cartons of milk, no pre-made sandwiches...although the sign advertising breakfast pictured one!

Breakfast sandwiches wouldn't have been much use, though...they offer no microwave to warm them! There were a few other things like juices and coffee, but overall the selection was smaller than normal.

On the plus side, scrambled eggs and sausage patties were abundant!

Monday's breakfast was almost identical, with the addition of Cheerios and Honey Nut Cheerios. We began to think this was normal, but more options were available the next day.

Tuesday, bacon replaced sausage, scrambled eggs were still served. A chopped fruit medley containing pineapple, berries, and melon was added and the bowl of fruit bowl was full of apples, bananas and oranges. Our guess is a food order arrived Monday afternoon.

At most Marriott properties, kitchen attendants cheerfully greet customers and respond quickly to requests. In contrast to desk employees, kitchen employees were aloof. They moved rapidly through public areas and stayed out of sight for long periods.

Observation: when we checked in, the desk associate mentioned a complimentary breakfast was available but also mentioned the adjacent IHOP. Is there a connection?

The Bottom Line -

Overall, the Muskogee Fairfield Inn was our favorite hotel of this trip. It also ranks highly among other places we've recently stayed. The suite was very comfortable. Although we had to pay more for it the second and third evenings, the value received was worth the extra expense.

Aside from our breakfast experience, we had a great visit. Customer service at the desk and facilities were first-rate. The hotel is comfortable and conveniently located. We plan to return next trip to the area.

Room Tip: Choose a suite if your budget permits. They are really nice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank The_Real_Birdcatcher

I always appreciate feedback. I am grateful that you took the time to let us know how we are doing. I can understand how the breakfast options being consistant could be a definate frustration. Thank you for chosing us and we will be doing everything possible to take it to heart and improve in those areas you pointed out. I hope when you travel back through this area you will chose us again. This time perfect will be your comments.