“new hotel needs organization”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskogee
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Muskogee
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Upon arrival I was told I didn't have a reservation. After traveling 8hours I was exhausted.
and just wanted to sleep. Waited while desk clerk took 15 minutes to make a reservation. I finally walked out and went next door to the Hampton. Not once did she show me any
consideration. Customer service training is needed at this hotel. Will never try to stay there again

Room Tip: shop around for better service
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Newest and cleanest property in Muskogee. Convenient location near main highway intersection, with restaurants nearby. Continental breakfast buffet included. Although this is a Marriott property, it doesn't serve Starbucks coffee (like the rest of the city). IHOP shares the same parking lot. I don't always stay in Muskogee, but when I do, I stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Our family of 4 ended up spending one night at this hotel, which was an unplanned stop. I generally try to do a little research in advance and look for the best rates, but had to call from the road to make this reservation.

The cost for 2 adults, 2 children for 2 double beds was $104.00 and breakfast was included. The breakfast was consistent with most Fairfield Inns (I stay in those on business) and included biscuits, gravy, make your own waffles, cold cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit choices, refrigerated fruit cups, yogurts, premade Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, bagels and pastries. The breakfast attendant was WONDERFUL - the morning we were there, the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team was there and it was crowded, but the breakfast attendant kept everything filled and even offered assistance. She was wonderful - I've forgotton her name.

I know the Fairfield generally caters to more business travelers, but my kids were disappointed with size of the swimming pool - maximum capacity of 13 was printed on the sign and it was small. There were plenty of pool towels available AND the air conditioning was on and working which doesnt usually go hand in hand in most hotels with an indoor pool.

The stairwell was well airconditioned - a huge plus. New carpeting and paint in the hallways - a plus. The rooms were large and had new carpeting, flat screen tv's, microwave and fridge. My complaint was that the bathroom did not seem to have the same overhaul as the rest of the hotel. The shower area just looked old - the caulking needed replaced and the shower walls needed to be washed prior to our stay. The floor under the vanity and around the toilet had also missed a few sweepings. I didn't complain to the front desk because they were busy and because I wasn't completely grossed out (I'm not going to be leaning against the shower walls nor am I going to be under the bathroom vanity area or to the side/back of the toilet and because no hotel is going to be as clean as I keep my home and things just happen).

In short, it's a nice property but could use a little work (bathrooms). If I were in the area again, I would choose this property.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2011

This hotel provided a much needed restful, professional environment for a rather stressful business trip! Our group was very impressed by the helpfulness of the staff and the very nice rooms! Sheron

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Front dest staff was very friendly and welcoming. They made us feel like we were visiting friends or relatives. They greeted us with there names and told us about the hotel and how much we would enjoy our stay. The hotel and the rooms were beautiful. All of the staff was friendly and smiled and spoke when we saw them in the hall. Breakfast was very nice. This is a great hotel and we rate it at the top of our list.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I stayed at this hotel after experiencing car troubles while on the road. I was a bit hesitant at first due to the reviews that I saw on this site. I usually only stay at Marriott properties so I figured I'd give it a try.

From check-in to check-out I was more than pleased with the level of service. The front desk staff was very understanding of my issue, going as far as to find a local auto repair shop that would get the work done at a reasonable rate. My room was very clean; dare I say "immaculate".

I was told that they've been under new management since September. The comments that I read on this site no longer does this place justice.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Overall, a very pleasant experience at this hotel. The front desk clerk was extremely helpful and very friendly. We arrived around midnight and tried to negotiate a lower rate because of the relatively small number of cars in the parking lot. Although he was not able to reduce the rate, he did everything he could to find a discount that we qualified for. We were still looking for a lower rate, so we left and checked out the budget motel competition in town. Needless to say, after viewing rooms at the Motel 6 and the Super 8, we returned to the Fairfield and checked in.

The room was very nice and clean. The property is only two years old, so it is up-to-date and well appointed. The linens were very comfortable, right down to a nice assortment of pillows. The room also includes an iHome alarm clock iPod dock and a flat panel TV.

Breakfast was on par with the quickstart breakfast at any Holiday Inn Express, and included biscuits and gravy, hard-boiled eggs, and fress made waffles in addition to the usual continental breakfast fare.

Overall, it was a very good experience and I would recommend it to any passers-by to the Muskogee area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family