“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Muskogee
Waterloo, Iowa
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed in Muskogee comfort inn for 6 days while vacationing the area. The staff was very pleasant! The morning we left the manager helped us carry out the last of our belongings to the van! Great customer service. The breakfast was great! Traveling with children is difficult at times and to have a wide array of options for breakfast to fed them was awesome. Make your own waffles, biscuits and gravy, sausage and egg patties, yogurt, bagels, rolls, muffins, coffee, juices,, milk, for the reasonable price, very generous breakfast!! Having a pool was a great addition also, clean and kids loved it. The staff was always very friendly and accommodating. They offered us bottled water which had a small bag of candy hanging off it. Fresh baked cookies daily....can't go wrong. I'm not sure what types of hotels some of the other people who gave it a low rating are used to staying at but this hotel gets 4 thumbs up from our family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
bomann, Owner at Comfort Inn Muskogee, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to write detailed review on Trip Advisor. Satisfied guests like you make us feel very proud and happy and encourages us to provide GREAT customer service.
Our Comfort Inn staff is guest friendly and they all thrive to provide clean comfortable rooms and Guest friendly service. Thank You.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My sister and I were guest of the Comfort Inn Muskogee on April 11, 2013 for two nights. Our trip was very unexpected as we were traveling to tell our Mother our Dad had passed away suddenly the day before. She too is not in great health and resides in a near by city.

Being in the hotel business for a combined total of nearly twenty years, my sister and I could not say one bad thing about this property.

The night clerk was nice and had us cracking up, which was pretty hard to do given our circumstances. We had to stayover unexpectedly a second night because our Mom became very ill and was in ICU. I cannot say enough good things about the housekeeping staff and the Manager at the front desk. I put her card somewhere and misplaced it, but she was a thin reddish hair lady with a thin build and she was absolutely amazing!

The room was clean, the beds were amazing and the staff was friendly and helpful!

After two months our Mom is finally out of the hospital and back at her "home away from home" and my family and I are going to see her soon. I will try to stay at this property rather than anywhere else in the area. Thank you for making our hard trip a wonderful experience and I am sorry for the delay in posting this!

Sarah McNeese (April Elmore)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SarahGem426
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 3, 2013

From the moment i walked through the doors i felt like I made the right choice. I was greated with a freindly welcome and had no problems getting checked in. The woman at the front desk made some excellent suggestions on places for dinner. The rooms were great too, clean, roomy and quiet. I highly recommend staying here if you have the chance. i will definitley be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim D
California
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is a very hard review to write, and I am still not sure about the rating. Probably best to let me write it all down, and you can judge for yourself.

Stayed at the Comfort Inn in late March 2013 because I was in town for a funeral. Since I was traveling with relatives, I booked two rooms for two nights, both with King beds, for about 80 dollars a night each. Arrived from the Tulsa airport around midnight local time, and the front desk was waiting for us. There were the last two rooms available, but they were not adjacent...not even on the same floor. (By the way, no elevator to the second floor.) I took the upstairs, and the older relative took the downstairs room.

The rooms were typical, generic hotel rooms: floral prints and functional furniture. Windows were sealed. Bathrooms were average size. Toilet seats were those thin plastic models. Outside, the parking lot was worn, and there was a giant pothole in one of the parking spaces. Somebody "fixed" the pothole by driving a large metal stake into the middle of it and placing a traffic cone nearby to keep cars from trying to park there and falling in.

The complimentary breakfast was decent: eggs, sausage, waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, juice. The breakfast area worker (same lady on both days) was helpful and attentive.

So, what is the problem you patient readers are asking....

The morning we were checking out, my relative left her room for breakfast after packing and arranging her purse. When she returned to her room 30 minutes later, she found that 56 dollars had been stolen from her purse in the guest room. Her room had an adjoining door, and the other guest had left very early, so that room was vacant. Upon complaining to the staff, my relative was basically dismissed because nothing suspicious showed up on the surveillance cameras in the hall...even though the cameras did not cover the door to her room. Also, supposedly, the card reader for the door did not show anyone else making entry to her room. The manager did not check the card reader for the front door of the adjoining room. She did tell us we could file a police report if we wanted to call the police. And she did refund one night's stay for the relative's room.

So, the mixed review. I don't think I would stay there again even without the issue of theft. The prices seemed steep for the room amenities...this hotel belongs in the 60 dollar per night range. Any of the other nearby hotels are probably just as functional, so I would suggest booking whichever has the best deal.

Room Tip: If you stay here and can't manage stairs, book a downstairs room! Make sure your door is shut al...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Port Alberni, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel is clean and quite. The staff is friendly and helpful and the breakfeast area is clean. The breakfeast was average, nothing special. The room was roomy and the bed was comfortable. The rates were reasonable priced for what you got.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hesperia, California, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a dive!!!! Indifferent front desk personnel. Room smelled musty and air conditioning did not work. The dead bolt on the door was also inop. Called down and was told that they might be able to call a mechanic. MIGHT? Supposedly no other rooms available. Dirty carpets, worn out bed spreads. Lord almighty, what does the mattress hold? At 90 bucks for the night one expects just a tad more. I opened the a/c unit and reset the breaker, took the door jam and bent the catch down so it would lock. I should charge them my hourly rate!!! Any way, stay away from this place. If nothing else, drive the extra hour to Tulsa.

Room Tip: There is nothing good about this place
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Robert S
cedar rapids, iowa
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Front desk attendant was very cheerful. Stayed in a 1 King room. The room was huge. It was clean and comfortable. It was a slow night at the motel so needless to say it was very quiet. The breakfast they served was only average in my book. This is an excellent place to stay if you are traveling through the Muskogee area. One thing to keep in mind, this is no elevator here. They are working on getting on installed soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple