“Disgusting!!! Never Again!!!”
Review of Days Inn Muskogee

Days Inn Muskogee
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Muskogee
Reviewed May 19, 2013

When first walked in my room I noticed a smell of dank, musty room. The floors looked vacuumed, table tops clean, bed made neat. I checked the bed and found that it had crisp new , non-wrinkled sheets. But when I went into the bathroom, I lifted up the lid and found hairs on my seat, a large crack on the toilet, Mold!!! growing inside the crystal shower faucet, a good size crack in the top from the faucet, hairs on the sink top (not counter top), a day worth of splatters on the mirror and the bathroom roof, light over the toilet, tile looks as if it is going to crumble on top of you any moment. The top of the lid on the toilet and the inside of the sink had major water streaks of someone doing a sloppy job of disinfecting, as well as fresh linens, soap, and shampoo. Unfortunately, I had already made non-refundable reservations. I only really needed the bed for a night anyway. At least that was clean. I had forgotten my toothbrush and toothpaste. I asked the front desk if I could have one of each. They said they don't have any! o.O ! I have worked as a Hotel Front Desk Personal, I had never, ever came close to running out of toiletries. Especially toothbrushes and toothpaste!!! Many would say that the bed is too firm and uncomfortable, but it was perfect for me. Breakfast wasn't great. It had very slim pickings. I have seen lousy breakfast, but nothing like this. My husband only had coffee. You had straight corn flakes or off brand fruit loops for cereal with whole milk. Or a silver dollar sized, cheap packaged, non-glazed/frosted cinnamon rolls. A couple selection of fruits that even my husband disdained from. There was gnats in the bread compartment, that consisted of bagels and sliced bread. I think their may have been one other bread selection, but I don't remember. I do believe one of their jams in a squeeze bottle had expired this last January; it's now May. This is the first time I have ever stayed at a hotel/motel and said never again. Motel 6 across the street is cheaper, looks cleaner and of higher quality.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager900, Manager at Days Inn Muskogee, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

We are deeply sorry for the inconveniences you experienced on your stay with us. However, we are more than willing to switch out rooms for customers if they are not satisfied. We work very hard to keep our rooms clean and try our best to keep customers comfortable throughout their stay. As for the lack of a toothbrush and paste, we are very busy during the summer months and therefore, sometimes run out of supplies as is natural with any business. We do restock as soon as possible. Also, our breakfast is in line with Days Inn franchise requirements. We put all of the foods that they ask us to, and it is comparable to the price paid for the room. Regardless, we apologize for the problems you encountered in your room. Please stay with us again and do inform of of the problems during your stay so that we may fix them for you right away. Thank you.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Charles C
Manager900, Manager at Days Inn Muskogee, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

A Wyndham traveler
Balch Springs
Reviewed March 13, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Manager900, Manager at Days Inn Muskogee, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Reviewed March 12, 2013

as an experienced hotel worker many yrs ago, the beds need to have the proper sheet for the bottom so it can be folded tightly as a bottom sheet, also needs to have a 2nd blanket with the comforter..on the outside of the toilet needs to be cleaned more, move furniture away from walls @ least 2x a month n vacuum. flip matteress 1x a week.

I did have a good stay, very good pricing, n very nice people.

Thank you very much for tolerating my kids visit me in the evenings..again wonderful people n a good stay. Will see u soon Marie Martin

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Marie M

Thank you for your review. Please stay with us again.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Manager900, Manager at Days Inn Muskogee, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Was not what I was expecting. Thought it was supposed to be a Hotel but instead it was a remodeled Motel. The room was ok but the toilet would run off and on all night. Then in the morning when taking a shower I could tell that the tub had been patched and the patch was moving. Good thing I was on the ground floor!!

Room Tip: Go to the Motel 6 across the street.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. However, we would like to assure you and the rest of our customers that there is solid concrete under all bathtubs, leaving no room for holes or risk of falling through. Our bathtubs have been remodeled as well and we would gladly exchange rooms if you had told us about your inconveniences. We are in the process of remodeling the property in its entirety, and some of the rooms are not yet remodeled as we have not gotten to them thus far. We hope you will stay with us again and see the finished product.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

the room was nice in general. but housekeeping didn't pick up the bobby pins and the earring that was left behind that were on the floor. Plus only 1 lamp had an actual knob to turn on the light the rest of them did not. the breakfast was nice. the employees were nice but had remodeling going on during the night so was quite difficult to sleep.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KRISTINAR115
Manager900, Manager at Days Inn Muskogee, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the lack of cleanliness in the room and the remodeling disturbances. Your complaints have not gone unnoticed and we have informed our housekeeping staff about their mistakes. We are remodeling the entire property for the benefit of our customers, so the noises are a small price for the almost finished new look of the place. We hope you will stay with us again and check out the finished piece!