“We survived May 20th 2013.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City - Moore
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Moore
Forster, NSW Australia
“We survived May 20th 2013.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Travelling north from Austin TX, and somewhat concerned about the worsening colour of the sky, my 2 friends and I decided to stop at the La Quinta Inn for the evening. We had only just reached our room when there was message to get down stairs immediately, which we did and were huddled in a small room with 3 others, one of whom was Glenda, the Manager. Glenda talked about this and that, and was very good at trying to keep our minds off what was occurring outside. We remained there for about 25 mins, before venturing outside.
Being Aussies, we were not used to seeing such destruction first hand, but the memory of that day will always be tempered by the memory of Glenda, getting back behind the front desk, and dealing with the unfortunate souls who were trickling in to the foyer.
Although we had no tv, no internet, and as it turned out no water, she considerately dealt with each matter that arose.
We were also amazed that the next morning the staff were able to organise breakfast.
It was our first time at La Quinta Inn, but we used them often on our trip, and always will.
La Quinta Inn and Suites in Moore OK, you rock!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank davyboy777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I've stayed at many Laquinta locations but the one located in Moore, OK was exceptional in friendliness, speedy service and cleanliness. I liked the breakfast selection and quality. I can't think of one negative thing to say about this location and will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Loveland, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I have stayed multiple times at this hotel on our way from Colorado to Dallas. It was a great place to stop and relax. The staff is always great and helpful. We think of it as "our hotel". After seeing the damage in Moore from the May 21 tornado, I hope that the staff and their families came through safely.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

New Paltz, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Business trip. Very easy access to property, plenty of parking, friendly and helpful staff. Right off interstate I-35, but not noisy, even with my room facing it. Very nice breakfast and breakfast room. Desk in room had many outlets for electronics. Didn't have time for pool or exercise room, but they appeared nice. Business room just off lobby if needed. Many restaurants nearby. Only "bad" thing was the water pressure. Plenty of pressure and volume out of the tub spout, but kind of weak from the shower head, but had enough to do the job. Overall was excellent stay. I would stay here again if in the area. Hot chocolate chip cookies in the lobby were a nice touch.

Room Tip: Maybe a lower floor would have better water pressure,,, I was on the 4th floor. It is "pet fri...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Surfside Beach, South Carolina, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

This wasn't my first stay at this hotel so I had no hesitation about returning. The staff is friendly and attentive. Breakfast buffet is always being refilled and the room tidied up. If you need gluten free cereal Walmart is about a half mile away otherwise if fruit, eggs and sausage will do you are set.

During my stay I saw the staff respond to a guest in distress in a very professional and compassionate manner. I have been places where the reaction of the staff has been less than kind - even down right harsh - not here; I was really impressed.

If you are looking for clean, reasonable rooms and don't need room service etc. this place is tops!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

South Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Spent two nights in a suite for a recent local univ graduation. Good access to several fast food and sit down resturants. There is also a pub within walking distance. Located right on i35south bound side. Access to parking lot is avail from both the interstate access road and also local streets. Rooms were quiet and well maintained. Room has full amenities as listed. Beds were very good - but the pillows were soft and there was only two for a king bed.

Now the negatives ( few but they keep it from being 5stars imo) Good selection for breakfast - but they could have cooked the eggs a little less. The elevator is pretty slow but the wireless service is the real disappointment. Its about as bad as i have ever seen. Very slow, hung up my tablet completely. Its like that on all floors including the lobby. :-/

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family