“Pleasant stay in Moore, OK”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City - Moore
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Moore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Southern Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

When we left this hotel, we said it was first time we saw more 4-footed guests than humans. I read literature in room and it stated small pets. Poodle in a crate? hahaha. We needed to change rooms before we were in first one. Dog(s) left alone howling and barking on 2nd floor. The location is hard to find at night but wasnt bad once we saw how to get around. Good breakfast, helpful breakfast staff. Never before has a breakfast attendent offered to make me a waffle and set my cutlery and napkin at the table for me. i dont hate dogs but they trigger my asthma. Wondering why dogs and their families arent placed on ends of hotel? When I finished with my ipad and headed to bed, I saw my slacks were covered with dog hair. While it wasnt an awful place to stay, the room was a bit small and so were the pillows. Seriously, every elevator up or down was shared with one or two dogs.

Room Tip: If you dont want to be near a large hound that is excited about the blue heron it spyed in the lagoo...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bingo47
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

Our family has stayed at this hotel in the past and it continues to be one of our favorites. The rooms are large, the beds are very comfortable, and the staff is really friendly. The breakfasts selection is good and my son especially likes the chocolate muffins. The hotel allows pets and we are thankful although we wish more pet owners picked up after their animals. The indoor pool area is always enjoyed by our kids. Overall, great experience and we look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: Right off I-35, near many restaurants, shopping, and movie theatre.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Ron H
Estes Park, CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

We have stayed in this hotel multiple times. Each time there were little irritants, but we kept returning because of the good location. But we will not return. On this trip, we book connecting rooms for us ( a couple) and my mom. Our first surprise was that the door between the connecting rooms would not open. We notified the front desk and we were told that maintenance was not available until 8 AM in the morning. And there was nothing they could do. My husband got out a screw driver and removed the locks from the doors himself so the doors could be opened. The about 10 PM, the fire alarm went off. My husband went to the front desk and was told it was a false alarm. I am a nurse, educated to NEVER ignor a fire alarm. So I got my elderly mom out of bed and the three of us evacuated. When we got to the front desk, there was a lady screaming at the front desk clerk that smoke was pouring out of a room on the third floor. AFTER the front desk clerk told us and many others to ignore the alarm. The fire department was called, and after an hour outside the building we were told it was safe to return. It was anhour after we returned to the room that the alarm (a loud piercing noise) was turned off.
When we took our complaints to the manager in writing, we were offered a free double room on our next visit. Their guarantee states that if everything is not right with your stay, your stay is free. Don't believe it. It is a lie. You will be offered a discount on your next stay. But I will not stay in a hotel where the staff is not trained in safety procedures. It is just not safe.
The irritants we experienced on previous trips: a dead bug behind the bathroom door that stayed there the entire three night visit; housekeeping staff cutting in front of us when we were attempting to assemble our breakfast; Christmas plates and napkins under the bed during a summer visit; a broken elevator when we were staying on the top floor (there is only one elevator) with no compensation offered for our inconvenience.
Don't stay here. There are better options.
Don't assume I am a difficult to please consumer. Please read my other posts to see if that is true.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank mountainwoman
okc, ok
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

We have stayed at many different La Quintas but the one we stayed at in Moore, OK has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The rooms were not cleaned good at all. They just changed the sheets and put new towels in the bathroom, that's it. This is everything that was wrong with our room: In the bathroom there was dried up toothpaste spit on the coffee pot and the top was covered in dust. The toilet bowl had 2 hairs on the side of the bowl and the top of it had not been wiped off. In the shower there were 2 used shampoo bottles. On the bed there the yellow throw pillows had dirty cases on them and spelled like dirty head. Under the covers were 2 hairs on the sheets. The sheets smelled clean but they still had 2 hairs. Next to the bed was a Home Depot receipt from the previous tenants. I was completely grossed out and did not sleep well at all that night. I couldn't wait to go home. They offered to give us another room but my family wasn't willing to relocate as it was near 9 PM and they were ready for bed. They did give the room to us at 50% off which was all I wanted as the kids did have fun in the pool and the breakfast was decent. Anyway, I don't suggest this hotel to anyone. The bad part is its just a year old. Guess that doesn't matter if they have lazy maids!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family