“Not Staying Again”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Moore
Dallas, Texas
“Not Staying Again”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This property has the same appearance, comfort and amenities that are standard to any other Candlewoode Suites location. This has been my my preferred company for extended travel needs (multi-month stays) for the past two years and until this week I have never been disappointed.

My room was clean and well maintained. I had no need of assistance from their staff beyond the necessary check in and check out procedures. The non-management staff with which I interacted was courteous and cheerful. The management should take a lesson from their own employees.

I checked in after speaking with the manager on duty and came to an agreement with her for a lower, set price for the duration of my visits over the next three or more months. I called this morning to confirm with them my arrival in tomorrow to find they had not made the reservation (as agreed) and could not accommodate me. They said there were no rooms available. A quick check of their site showed a room available. I called and spoke to the general manager who was unapologetic, told me there were no rooms available and then told me they could give me a room at a higher rate.

I have advanced my concerns to IHG directly who confirmed there was a room (albeit one usually rented for a higher amount) and she spoke with the female manager I had made my agreement with. The woman said she has no recollection of me or my stay. IHG assured me this will be investigated and for the sake of future customer complaints about management I am hopeful they do as promised.

Needless to say, I will not be returning. In fact, a few calls to their competition in the area and I secured a better deal with a guarantee on a property with the same amenities and level of security.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TopazMonkey
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Oklahoma City - Moore, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear TopazMonkey,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased that the room accommodations lived up to your expectations. I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced and for any confusion regarding your reservation. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Moore, Oklahoma and was very pleased with my stay. The lady at check-in was very helpful and also with check-out. The rooms were very clean and smelled fresh. The rooms have a full size kitchen and a flat screen TV. The beds were exceptionally comfortable and cozy.

Room Tip: suite away from highway
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DiaGO77
Texas
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Spoiled in Clarksville, I guess. This location requires guests to exchange towels at the desk. Shampoo/conditioner combo included, along with soap. Only here for the weekend, and should not have assumed lotion would be in the room. Room was clean, except when we turned down the bed, there was hair between the sheets. A bag of popcorn in the microwave was a nice surprise. Not much interaction with the staff, but they seemed polite enough. Probably would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Warren Theater is a mile or so south. Lovely design.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TDShaw30
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Oklahoma City - Moore, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear TDShaw30,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. It is our regret that we were not able to execute an exemplary performance in these areas. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to spot problem zones and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken.

Lera P
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This property is fair at best.
Upon our check-in the dead bolt lock was not working and neither was the ice maker. We informed the front desk the following day (we had to interrupt her as she was on her cellphone) and the day after that we had to ask again, as the repairs were not made!
The staff was nice EXCEPT, in our opinion, for the individual that calls himself the "General Manager AND Owner!"
He appeared rude and talked over us as we spoke to him regarding our account (plans to stay an additional night) and repairs! We also called down to the front desk to request a later check out time (which was granted) and then, 40 minutes later received a call from the "Owner/ General Manager" appearing very frustrated that we had not checked out and reminding us what time check out was! When we explained we had previously notified the front desk, we received no apology whatsoever! Just that he should fire his staff!!
His comment was if we were unhappy why did we stay 4 nights?!?! Quite a surprise response from an "Owner/ General Manager!"
He also ranted that he should fire people that work for him that do not do their job and do not communicate! Obviously, we didn't care to hear that as that appeared to be an internal issue! We were just the "guests!"
The front desk attempted to make up for his attitude and shortfalls!
Thus the comment.........as long as you don't have to deal with this individual, the stay is fair! If you do, best of luck!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Traveler252525
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Oklahoma City - Moore, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Traveler252525,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry for the problems you experienced in your room and regret the way your concerns were handled. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D
Advance, Missouri, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Very nice clean NEWER style hotel. Great pantry stock of food. All rooms large suites. Very comfortable bedding!! Front desk very friendly. Quick check in service. She even went to find our members number because we did not have it with us when checking in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Mandy A
Paragould, Arkansas
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Its a older hotel but very nice. Showers were great and well stocked kitchen. We paid $69 for one night but arrived at 1:00 am so that may be why we got a good rate. Ck out is 11 but they let us stay till 12 at no charge. We would stay here again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Lazybu
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I booked this room after reading reviews here. I knew about the highway noise. I was late making a reservation (just three days prior to check-in) so I knew they might not be able to accommodate my request for an upper floor, back of the hotel (away from the highway), and away from ice machine and elevator noise.

I arrived at about 8:00 p.m. First impression wasn’t great when the desk clerk was a college student dressed in a t-shirt for an elementary school and she barely got out of her chair to take care of me, I was very unimpressed.

First floor, facing the highway was what I got. I asked to be moved. Not possible. “We are booked solid, sorry.” Okay.

Back to the room since I had work to do. Desk lamb light bulb burned out. Took it down to get a replacement. She went back and appeared to look everywhere but there were no bulbs to be found. I went back to my room. The lighting was dim since the fixture in the kitchen had one bulb out and the same was true in the bathroom.

Air conditioner said the controls on the wall control the unit. “No, just use the ones at the window.” Set the air conditioning to 60 even though it was 60 outside since it was very warm in there and I couldn’t open the windows due to the highway noise. The unit started and quit long before it got to 60. I at least thought having the fan run constantly would help. It would only run when the compressor was on. It got really warm in there.

Finally, enough was enough. I was offered a room on an upper floor (her gaze towards those who had not arrived told me they would end up with my room). “No, thank you.” I was offered a discount. I checked out and went to the National Employee Education Center for the Post Office where my conference was being held. The facilities were fine.

Room Tip: This property needs attention. There are probably lovely rooms here but unless you have one away fr...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank EnjoyTravelAlways
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Oklahoma City - Moore, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear EnjoyTravelAlways,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I just want to assure you that our Hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I apologize that we fell below your expectations on this particular day. I do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Katie J