“I Eventually Left”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Moore
Saint Louis, Missouri
“I Eventually Left”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

I booked this room after reading reviews here. I knew about the highway noise. I was late making a reservation (just three days prior to check-in) so I knew they might not be able to accommodate my request for an upper floor, back of the hotel (away from the highway), and away from ice machine and elevator noise.

I arrived at about 8:00 p.m. First impression wasn’t great when the desk clerk was a college student dressed in a t-shirt for an elementary school and she barely got out of her chair to take care of me, I was very unimpressed.

First floor, facing the highway was what I got. I asked to be moved. Not possible. “We are booked solid, sorry.” Okay.

Back to the room since I had work to do. Desk lamb light bulb burned out. Took it down to get a replacement. She went back and appeared to look everywhere but there were no bulbs to be found. I went back to my room. The lighting was dim since the fixture in the kitchen had one bulb out and the same was true in the bathroom.

Air conditioner said the controls on the wall control the unit. “No, just use the ones at the window.” Set the air conditioning to 60 even though it was 60 outside since it was very warm in there and I couldn’t open the windows due to the highway noise. The unit started and quit long before it got to 60. I at least thought having the fan run constantly would help. It would only run when the compressor was on. It got really warm in there.

Finally, enough was enough. I was offered a room on an upper floor (her gaze towards those who had not arrived told me they would end up with my room). “No, thank you.” I was offered a discount. I checked out and went to the National Employee Education Center for the Post Office where my conference was being held. The facilities were fine.

Room Tip: This property needs attention. There are probably lovely rooms here but unless you have one away fr...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank EnjoyTravelAlways
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Oklahoma City - Moore, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear EnjoyTravelAlways,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I just want to assure you that our Hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I apologize that we fell below your expectations on this particular day. I do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Cleanliness is very important to me so I was pleased with this hotel. If you want a quiet room get one on the side opposite the freeway and away from the outside doors (this is a nonsmoking facility and smokers have to go outside to smoke), and particularly NOT on the ground floor. Other reviewers complained that their linens weren't changed every day, but that should not be expected from an extended stay facility (I actually like that my linens aren't changed every day for environmental reasons). The staff was very friendly. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are on the side away from the freeway and near the inside (away from the outside doors...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ColoradoHappyhiker
West Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed 1 nite on road trip. Paid $40 on Priceline for 2*. 60's style ,3 story ,outside entry motel right next to I-35. room incldued internet , microwave , fridge and breakfast . No Pool and i did not see workout room if there was one. Room was fine . Noise from I-35 not noticable .Breakfast incldued Sauage , eggs and waffles .

good place to spend a nite while on road

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank hrw1953
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

I recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Moore, Oklahoma and was very pleased with my stay. The lady at check-in was very helpful and also with check-out. The rooms were very clean and smelled fresh. The rooms have a full size kitchen and a flat screen TV. The beds were exceptionally comfortable and cozy. This is definitely on of the best places to stay in Moore, OK. At times parking can be a little full, but this just goes to show that a lot of people must love staying here for the parking lot to be that packed! I will definitely stay here for my upcoming visits!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank MMD91
Lebanon, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

We are Priority Club members and will choose a Candlewood Suites over any other location when available - ESPECIALLY if staying on a project for a week or more. We prefer to eat home-cooked meals vs. microwave or restaurant meals.

Most of the CS we stay in have a recliner which makes relaxing and watching TV much more comfortable. This location didn't have the recliner and we really missed it. The rooms are smaller & older than we are accustomed to.

PROS: There is a nice grocery store 10 minutes from the hotel, and lots of restaurants nearby. Mamma Lu's is next door and Pappa John's delivers. 100% non-smoking. Convenient to I-35 on Exit 118.

CONS: The parking lot filled with contractors and their large trucks early in the day. Noisy neighbors (the same contractors?) were noisy at all times of the day. Housekeeping didn't get the message to NOT disturb us mid-day. There are unattended maintenance issues in the hallways, and our bathroom. Exterior door was not secure and slammed shut every time someone exited to smoke.

Room Tip: do NOT take a room near the end of the hallways. Slamming exit doors can be heard even in a mid-hal...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Candace R
Lee's Summit, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights (9/23-25). We came to town for the OU vs MU game (Boomer Sooner!). Norman tends to increase their rates on gameday weekends or are sold out... so we figured we would try staying in Moore.

We checked in around 8 pm. The clerk was friendly, making check-in quick and easy (same with check-out). Our room was located on the first floor. It had a kitchenette, queen bed, leather chair, LCD TV, desk/chair and of course, a bathroom with tub. The only complaint we have is that the air conditioner didn't seem to work correctly. But it cooled us off enough that we didn't have to complain to the front desk. Housekeeping is only done weekly, which didn't bother us (you can get fresh towels at the front desk).

Overall, we were a little apprehensive about booking this hotel after reading negative reviews on TA. So much that we almost changed hotels one day prior to arrival. I'm glad we didn't switch and we would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Nicole G
McAlester, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

We made reservation in advance to stay at this motel because it was close to where we were attending the next day. On arrival we were told they had over booked and treated us like we were beggars because we were using our points for this one night stay.
They sent us to another motel a few miles away. Upon our arrival there they couldn't understand why we were sent to them they were booked solid because of a tournament..
We called our reservation line and they said that we were to go back to the original motel because they could not refuse us our reserved room. We went back and was given a room but we were treated rudely. The room was nasty. Smelled. The beds smelled old and moldy. The towels in the bath room had an odor. We stuck it out because we were there for a tournament and that is why we made reservations because we new everything would be booked. The only thing good about the stay was a nearby restaurant. We go every year in April and we will never go to a Candlewood Suites.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family