“Wonderful Value and friendly service”

Super 8 Moore Oklahoma City Area
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Moore
Houston,TX
“Wonderful Value and friendly service”
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Was not expecting too much after reading a harsh review, but found this place to be a real find. Close enough to Oklahoma City, many convenient eating places nearby, clean room, microwave/fridge/coffee maker/hair dryer, simple but adequate breakfast. Only negative is that it is close to freeway so there is some highway noise, however the comfortable bed allowed me to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank jbo72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 2, 2008

Booked this hotel for my boss, working in OKC, he said he really liked it it was nice, stayed 4 nites 3 people, going back this week.
Staying at the Super 8 ............................................................................

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 8, 2008

Just to start off, some things I can be a stickler on when it comes to hotels rooms.. like beds that aren't broken or rooms not having trash just tucked out of the way.

I booked this hotel knowing I wasn't going to expect Grand Hyatt or Ritz Carlton, but I've seen some No-Tell Motels that were in better conditions than the room (Room #208) we were given!

Myself, my girlfriend, daughter and g/f's mother were visiting from Kansas to visit some of my family in Moore for an event in Midwest City but since my girlfriend didn't want a hotel in OKC, we had to settle for some place directly in Moore. This was more of a last-ditch pick, as I had other hotels in mind.

We noticed that the beds sagged very much in the middle the first night. It wasn't until the second night that I found the reason why: the wooden boxspring was broken and was given to us in that condition. Maybe they didn't know about it beforehand, I'm not sure.

Also, we had found an empty bottle of Dasani water underneath the first bed. The only water bottles we had were Kroger brand, so we know for a fact it was not a water we had.

As for some things that I will say that are out of the hotel staff's hands: it's at a location that is both a convenience and an annoyance being right along I-35. For people not familiar with the cities, it has a fairly easy entrance route. But since this stretch of I-35 doesn't have any sound walls, you hear all the traffic, especially at night. There were also a group of older bikers that were staying there so we had to endure all of the motorcycle revving and parking was next to impossible with the said motorcycles.

The complimentary breakfast that was available was only better than one hotel in San Francisco, selection wise. Otherwise, there's plenty of restaurants for a filling breakfast (I strongly suggest Furr's just an exit or so south on I-35 from the motel).

I informed the hotel staff of the room condition at check-out and they said they would figure out who was doing the cleaning for the Friday we checked in and would have Hotels dot com give me a 10%, either credit or refund. Haven't ehard anything from either since.

There are hotels in better condition for just a few dollars more in Moore, Midwest City, Norman and OKC.

Do your research and remember: You DO get what you pay for!

• Liked — Cheap and right by I-35
  • Disliked — No elevators, noisy due to said highway, half-hearted cleaning, broken bed in our room
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moore
Baymont Inn & Suites Moore
Days Inn Oklahoma City/Moore
Days Inn Oklahoma City/Moore
#74 of 149 in Oklahoma City
SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Moore

Been to Super 8 Moore Oklahoma City Area? Share your experiences!