“Cool place, but may not be for everybody” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Moore
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Moore
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Cool place, but may not be for everybody”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I travel to the Moore-Norman area several times a year on business and decided to give this hotel a try. There are other good hotels in Moore, but I decided to rely on my traditionally good experiences with Marriott properties. The Springhill Suites is on the north side of Moore just off I-35 in the older part of town. The newer eating places are a little south but not inconvenient. The property's exterior is starkly modern, as are the lobby and breakfast area. For those used to warm and fuzzy traditional hotel feel, this may seem different. It grew on me.

My room was very spacious and well laid out for my needs. The hotel itself and my room were both well kept and clean. The bed was very comfortable, and I slept well. Even though I was in view of the interstate, I didn't really hear anything.

The night I arrived, they had a small Italian dinner buffet as an unexpected extra. This worked really well for me as I needed something filling on the run. Their complimentary breakfasts were as good if not better than standard fare. The hot foods were fresh, as was everything else.

I had a minor concern with my check-in, but I referenced it to the manager and it was received with appreciation.

So what's not for everybody? The rooms are laid out with separate toilet and shower rooms. This is really a great concept except that they lie across from the bed and have sliding doors with frosted glass. A previous Trip Advisor guest referenced that you'd have to be very comfortable around all aspects of any other occupancts in the room for this to work. That's probably the case and you may not want to stay here if something like this would bother you. However, I was there alone and was fine with it.

Overall, I was pleased with the experience and will probably look to stay here again. I can certainly recommend it based on quality, comfort and cleanliness.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brian W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Moore, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Andrew,

Thank you first of all for choosing to stay at our hotel recently! We value each of our guests, and for you to make the effort to give such a detailed review is really important to our business. It sounds like your overall experience was very positive. Our goal is to create an excellent environment for our guests in the way of high quality service, atmosphere, and facilities. We hope to see you again soon at the SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City/Moore.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

OK, other than the Brady Bunch being hired to do a 70's themed lobby.....um, yeah, I really don't get what the intent was here...

I'm a Marriott guy....and there is a reason for that. They do stuff right. For my $89 rate on the weekend that I stayed I would dare you to find anything that would come even close.

The only thing I really didn't like was that my room had a shower only. On trips I typically do a lot of hiking, outdoor stuff....and enjoy soaking in a hot tub afterwards.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brian W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Moore, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Our staff greatly appreciates that you took the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. This makes a big difference in the way we train our associates and manage our property. I am very glad that you experienced the true Marriott level of service and quality and we look forward to your return! Thank you again and have a great week.
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Husband and I stayed for one night. Loved the new look of Spring Hill Suites! Check-in was a breeze and the hotel employee was very pleasant. Room was clean and modern. Great shower, and the bed was very comfortable. This would be a perfect place for an extended stay. Many fast-food restaurants nearby, and two exits from numerous sit-down eateries. We will definitely stay again when traveling through OKC!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brian W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Moore, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the kind comments regarding your stay! We appreciate that we had the opportunity to serve you both during your stay. Each day we strive to provide the type of service and quality that you spoke of, and we are proud that we delivered this for you. Our convenient location is one of our many favorite parts about the Moore SpringHill Suites by Marriott! We truly hope to see you at our hotel soon. Sincerely,
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel has employees that go out of their way to engage their customers. They are pleasant and show interest in each guest's experience. My simple requests were acted upon immediately with the intent to meet or exceed my expectations. Clean surroundings with an attentive staff means that I will return again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mr. Suggs,

Thank you so very much for the kind comments regarding your stay! Our entire staff is truly excited to serve each of our guests, and to specialize the experience depending on your needs. I am extremely happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience at the SpringHill Suites in Moore, Oklahoma. We look forward to the next time you can stay at our property! Sincerely,
Wichita
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nice, clean hotel with modern decor. The desk clerk was friendly. The breakfast area was tidy and well stocked on a busy Saturday morning. The bathroom configuration in our suite seemed odd to me with a toilet and handwashing sink in an entirely separate room than the vanity and shower. I guess it is intended for sharing, but it just seemed like a lot of moving between the two rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay. This is the only way for us to continue providing top-level service and quality of our offerings. While our bathroom structure is very different from the norm, it's main purpose was to provide multiple outlets for those busy family mornings! We look forward to hosting your family during your next trip to Oklahoma City and Moore! Sincerely,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

What can I say? Extremely disappointing. We were scheduled to stay for 4 nights but ended up checking out after the first night. First room was DIRTY - sticky soda rings and hair on end tables. Debris still on carpet. Gross is all I can say. The second room was a little cleaner but we were still very uncomfortable. And as for privacy, there is NONE! Frosted (see through) doors on both the toilet room and shower room offer zero privacy for our family of five. It was extremely uncomfortable so we chose to check out the next morning. Checked into the Embassy Suites in Norman. Great decision!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brian W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Moore, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with the SpringHill Suites in Moore, Oklahoma. We take each guest comment very seriously when looking for constant improvements for our hotel. I apologize that you experienced a negative situation regarding the cleanliness of your guest room and the overall design of the restroom doors. While we cannot change the look of the frosted glass doors, the issues with cleanliness have been addressed. Please contact our hotel and ask for the general manager as I would like to speak further about your experience! We hope that you will consider staying with us in the future and I will ensure that your time here goes very well.
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I love love love this hotel. I live in San Antonio but have family in Moore, Ok. We always stay at this hotel when we come to town if possible and the staff is first class! They always make us feel at home and I have never encountered a rude staffer from the front desk staff to the housekeepers. Everyone here is wonderful and I love the layout of the rooms. This hotel is a true gem!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sophie6417
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moore
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City - Moore
Candlewood Suites Oklahoma City - Moore
BEST WESTERN Greentree Inn & Suites
Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman - Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oklahoma City Mid - Airport Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Okl...
#7 of 147 in Oklahoma City
Residence Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall
Residence Inn Oklahoma City Sout...
#54 of 147 in Oklahoma City

Been to SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Moore? Share your experiences!