Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Midwest City
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a great hotel for the money. The people working here are so nice and very helpful! Becky and Dwane were at the front desk and was always willing to give us directions or any other information we needed to know. The pool was nice and seemed heated and wasn't full of chlorine like other hotels. The breakfast was good. Had trouble with the waffle maker but got it all fixed! The rooms are well up dated and the beds were very comfortable! Nice big baths/showers. They even wished me a happy birthday on my birthday :) Definitely will stay here again!! And it was very close to walmart, waffle house, and Primos Italian.

• Stayed: September 2012
hawthorntinker, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. So glad you enjoyed your birthday with us and hope you will visit us any time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Working at Tinker Air Force Base for two straight weeks and am happy to report that this hotel provides great personalized service. Dwayne is the manager and is very happy to give information on restaurants in the area and they serve free breakfast buffet and Wednesdays they have a dinner buffet with beer and wine for their guests. Shane is a personable and wonderful host as well and the entire staff dedicates themselves to their guests. They also provide free wireless or wired Internet in all the rooms and local and national newspapers at the front desk as well.

Everyone is friendly, and the hotel is perfect for what I needed, a clean, quiet, convenient and comfortable home away from home with a few nice perks. If I am fortunate to come back for more work at Tinker I will definitely stay here again, because of the personalized dedicated service.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor as well as the 1st floor and both rooms have been comfortable, clean and r...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank JonTan66
hawthorntinker, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. Glad you like our staff, (they are awesome) we strive to provide excellent service and go beyound expectations of our guest. Hurry back, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Maryann Sextro/ DOS

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I had a fabulous experience being at the Hawthorne Suites Tinker AFB all because of a one man. Shane represents this hotel at its best, I have never had a wonderful experience with the front desk of a hotel, it was more "how can I make your stay better here at the Hawthorne Suites." The rates of the room was so affordable, the hotel was so clean and neat. The room was so beautiful, spacious and accommodating to my two boys. Shane made sure that our long trip from New Mexico to Tinker does not come to a waste. He was so informative to the information of the hotel that he made arrangement of our needs to the room comfortable as possible.Shane deserves a raise and a recognition that he is doing a great job, he was so knowledgeable on the job he does best. Good job Hawthorne for having Shane as a employee.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Cindy C

Thank you for your kind review. We do value all of our employees and think they are awesome.
We are happy to hear you also think so!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was our second time at this hotel we enjoyed it with a good location and jennifer always made sure our room was clean and was always very friendly to us.we will for sure to come back again.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Diceman74
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the compliments of our hotel. We think our staff does an awesome job and excels in customer service. It is nice to hear that others think that also. Glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your time to write a review.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

hawthorn Suites

Reviewed July 5, 2012

It sadden's me to see people saying that they had a bad stay there. I have been going there for years, i live in town and when we want to get away from home we go there, I have been to alot of hotels in OKC and they rank at the top with all. My family loves the place we go there for a night or two and alway's end up staying a week, I have never had a bad expercince there I think they still have about 90percent of the staff they had when we visited the first time years ago, they are alway's nice to us they don't have a problem when you ask for something extra like a towel, pillow or even a blanket, like most places, the rooms are very big and clean the beds ars so so soft there, the hosekeeping does a wonderful job. We really love their breakfast buffet every morning lots to chose from and the have (REAL FOOD) most hotels have that processed food, they even have social wedensday wer the serve FREE food snacks, drinks soda,beer and even wine, who does that anymore.( I hope i don't get them in trouble for telling that lol) They also have great prices, easy access right off the hi-way they have reaturants near by even a wal-mart what more can you ask for. No hotel is perfect, and you can't please everyone all the time, but trust me they sure do try!

Room Tip: BIG Roomns
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Antonio N
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed the manager's reception and stay with us. We try very hard to please our guest and our staff strives to accommodate each request that we receive. It is a joy to hear the great compliments!

Thank you and hurry back.....
Hawthorn Suites

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I made a reservation to stay at the hotel for 6/30/12. i called to confirm this on 6/30 and was told that my reservation was for the night before. This was not the case...I assured the person who assisted me on the phone. The original plan was for me to stay in the City solo. My plans
changed and my husband joined me. As I was working at a local hospital, my husband checked in for us. The desk clerk was rude to him , after some discussion about the addition of
1 person the the room stay, the clerk charged are credit card for the room...then got rude with my husband and asked him to leave the hote. Refusing him service.....my husband who is native american, felt the desk clerk was pregyduce, My husband asked to speak with a manager and the snippy clerk informed hiim that they were not avaiable and would not be back
until Monday. Stating to my husband " and there is nothing you can do about it".
What ever happend to customer service and trying to make the customer happy??

Room Tip: I suggest that you choose any other hotel that is nearby. There are to many nice places that have b...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
hawthornsuitesmidwes, Webmaster at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker/Air Base for your recent stay in our area.

• The front desk staff person received additional training in the proper way to be dressed and conducting himself during working hours.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which he is to treat you, our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker/Air Base. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We booked this hotel based on reviews from another website which we will not be using again! The hotel exterior looks nice enough, hotel is right off of interstate but there are very few restaraunt choices nearby. Lobby and front desk fairly clean and give false impression of state of hotel. Rooms are filthy! Walls streaked with unknown substance, floor dirty and had partially eaten food remnants between wall and bed, sheets dirty on both beds and I have seen less hair on salon floors, matress uncomfortable, pull out sofa bed had dirty sheets and crumbs, extra sheets and blankets dirty(blanket had suspicious stain on it). When asked front desk clerk for clean sheets told only had one set as rest were dirty. Only bright side was a Wal-Mart nearby to buy sleeping bag and clean pillow cases to make it through the one long night we stayed at this horrible hotel. Walking into store reminded me of a scene from Gang Wars. Hotel and nearby area obviously a rough neighborhood which we were not aware of before arriving. My father was afraid we would all contract a contagious disease, my mother asked if it charged by the hour, and my sister, having just seen the movie The Help, coined it "The Terrible Awful". The rates were tempting but you are better off shelling out more for a nicer hotel where you are sure you will make it through the night! Coincidentally, Wyndham Garden Hotel in Oklahoma City is operated by same company, but was a much better experience. We booked it the very next morning for only $10.00 a night more.

Room Tip: Do not go here!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
hawthorntinker, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your time to write a review. Thank you for your input,we will look into the problems you have mentioned and hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Regards,
DOS/Hawthorn Suites

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midwest City
Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)
Best Western Plus Midwest City Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Midwest City - Tinker AFB
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midwest City
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
#6 of 11 in Midwest City
Candlewood Suites Midwest City

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb? Share your experiences!