“Not bad at all!”

Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Midwest City
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This hotel was one of eight booked via a Travel Company travelling from Forth Worth to Los Angeles. I noted it did NOT have good reviews. However, could not find fault - the room was clean and had every convenience and the hotel food was excellent at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Our room on third floor was extremely quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Eric R, General Manager at Sheraton Midwest City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank your for comments regarding your most recent stay. Thank you for giving us a try. We would certainly like to see you again should you be traveling through the Oklahoma City Area.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel when our flight out of Oklahoma City was canceled. We tried to book the Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown, since we had just spent 4 nights there. It wasn't the greatest, but we knew what it was. They were booked so they recommended this hotel. Check-in was easy. The room was gross. It looked like they just went in and threw the covers over the bed, the toilet seat was stained! The shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned either. The rugs were dirty. The bedding was stained, too. The hotel had a coin-operated washer/dryer. The room they were in was pretty gross. Filthy floor, dead bugs. There was also an icemaker and microwave in the room. Not sure what types of bacteria were growing on them. We tried to get change from the front desk and the restaurant, but neither one of them had any quarters. I guess it was just as well. My Sheraton days are over, they are no longer a good hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Eric R, General Manager at Sheraton Midwest City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

I am very sorry that you had this experience at our hotel. I take great pride in making sure that all guests have an enjoyable stay at my hotel. For this, I apologize. It is certainly not the standards that I have put in place. I will be taking your comments directly to the team to make future improvements. Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Check-in was quick and staff very nice and courteous. Room very far from elevator but not a problem. The room seemed fine. I got into shower and pulled lever to have shower work and only half of water would come through the shower head. As I unpacked my luggage I stepped on something by armoire. A pile of dog food was all over the floor next to it. Room had obviously not been vacuumed or dusted for that matter. I am not a complainer but to step in a pile of dog food at a Sheraton Hotel was a huge disappointment. Next morning the cleaning staff was having an argument outside my room. Will not stay here EVER again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank jennifer g

Thank you for your comments, I will share these with our team so that we can make improvements in the needed areas.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Our association recently hosted a conference at the Reed Center and Sheraton Midwest City Hotel. Thanks to the fantastic staff at the hotel and conference center, it was a huge success.

The hotel had a few hiccups with some of our attendees upon arrival (rooms not ready and a few overbooked), but they worked everything out in a jiff. The rooms were nicely appointed, clean and comfortable. The lobby restaurant was on par with most hotels. Nothing outstanding, but that was made up by a friendly and helpful staff.

The conference center and staff went out of their way to help make the conference a success. The Reed Center is clean, well lit, very accessible and the myriad of room configurations meant that there was something for every class.

About the only negative comment I would have is that the hotel is not really near any major attractions or nice restaurants (there are some okay chains near-by) so you need a car if you want to go anywhere.

We don't often go back to the same town (they usually throw us out - only kidding) but if we did, we would go back to the Reed and Sheraton in a heart beat. Well done.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. It was a pleasure having you with us. We hope you choose our city again in the future! Thank you again!

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We got a great deal on a room with livingsocial. The rooms were very nice and clean. Roomy enough for 2. The staff was very friendly and helpful. After we checked out and drove away, I realized I'd left something in our room. We called them and turned back to get it. They had it waiting at the front desk and brought it out to our car when we pulled up.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank AshaBoisselle
Eric R, General Manager at Sheraton Midwest City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear AshaBoisselle,

Thank you for your comments, it was a pleasure to have you with us and look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came into town for a Penn State Conference. After seeing some of the reviews, we were reluctant to stay. Check in was a giant hassle, but the room was very nice. The woman who offered to clean our room grew up in the town next to our little town. I recognized her accent when she asked if we'd like extra water.

She was very polite, cleaned our room for a couple of days and then informed us that she wouldn't be there the third day and that someone else would be cleaning. She shook my husband's hand and told him it was nice meeting us. I, however, insisted on a hug for it's not every day you travel nearly 1200 miles and meet someone who went to school with your son!

The food in the Emerald was very good and reasonable priced. The service was excellent.

The only downfall was the front desk staff. Albeit they were friendly, they seemed to have very little knowledge of how to run the computer and seemed to have very little people skills. Perhaps they were new?

Regardless of the check in hassle (not having our reservation) we had a good time in Oklahoma. The woman with the "Connected to Pocono Mountains" and the young lady with "Connected to NFL" are very nice and it was truly a pleasure to have met them. My husband and I will definitely consider staying there again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrsWD3

Dear MrsWD3,

Thanks you so much for all the kind words. Everyone with your group was outstanding and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is my second time staying in Oklahoma city yes, 3pm is a late check in the front desk staff seem like they didn't know what they were doing but when we got into our room it was clean and smelled really good the next day we decided to stay another night when housekeeping came to service our room the young lady was so nice she was friendly and done a really good job .. she was more interested in how I was doing then talking about her self like the other older housekeeper we had last time. We talked a lot about football while she was cleaning because I seen her name tag said she was connected with football. I will stay at this hotel again also will tell everyone I know about it.. I sure hope she is there the next time it is good to have employees that are friendly hopefully she will get a promotion or something....

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank serious09
Eric R, General Manager at Sheraton Midwest City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear serious09,

Thank you so much for all the nice comments. I will certainly share these with our housekeeping team. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!