Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$99
$93
$45
$42
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsclub floorcovered parkingappetizers and drinksthe young ladyfront desk stafffire alarmice machinethe room was niceshower headplenty of parkingking roomdefinitely stay here againbeds were comfortablevery nice hotelnice stayokc areastaff was very friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I came into town just for the night. We checked in at 3pm and came up to our room. I noticed large stains on the comforter, stains on the carpet and remote to tv didn't work. The front desk was notified and we were told housekeeping would change the bedding and replace our remote. When we returned back to the room our remote still didn't work. We didn't receive any comps or offered anything in return for these issues. On top of it all the bathroom is just a funky layout and not practical. I will not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MNW2154
Eric R, General Manager at Sheraton Midwest City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear MNW2154,

Thank you for your comments, we value all comments good/bad and use them to move our attention to needed areas. I apologize the you encountered these issues while you were with us. I hope that we can make it up to you with an upcoming perfect stay!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This was our third time staying at this hotel. Unfortunately, it will be our last. So you're traveling with a group of people where it would be inappropriate to even share the same room, much less, the same bed. Yeah, this is the hotel where you arrive to discover they not only gave your prepaid reservation away, they now want all of you to sleep in one big bed together.

We contacted the hotel early at 1 pm in attempt to secure our rooms and avoid any problems. The person at check in said we couldn't check in until 3 pm, so we went shopping for a bit and returned around 6 pm. We had prepaid for two rooms with two queen beds in each but were told they only had rooms with a king bed left. We were forced to accept those accommodations and add roll-away beds to them. The young lady at the front desk was rude and not very good at customer service. When we contacted the manager she was better and tried to accommodate us by adding club level breakfast for us free of charge.

Thank goodness the breakfast was free of charge. There was no selection of food and they ran out of what they had. After the lady attending the area went for more food she still didn't return with enough. After letting others go before us, they ran out again. We gave up and left without eating. If we had paid, we would've been very angry.

Both rooms were also dirty, A lot of dust on the desks and stains on the duvets. This hotel is starting to go downhill very quickly. I wouldn't recommend it to others. Especially, if you want the room you reserved provided. They're like an airline, they simply bump you. Even when you have a prepaid reservation.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ny C

Dear Ny C,

Thank you for leaving your comments regarding your most recent stay. We strive to provide excellent service along with a clean and maintenance free room and I can see this did not happen and for that I truly apologize. With your comments we can use these for training our team to make sure that this does not occur again in the future.

Thank you.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We normally stay at the Sheraton near Bricktown but decided to try this hotel, based on favorable reviews. The hotel contains a large convention center with surface and garage parking. We were greeted by the desk clerk, recognized as Starwood members, and assured that we would not be disturbed by the boys' conference attendees. (They were polite, quiet and very well-behaved.) You exit the elevator immediately into the Club Lounge, which is awkward placement, and tends to make it seem crowded and noisy than other Club Lounges. Jennifer, the Hostess, gave us a cheerful "Hello" and informed us of the morning and evening offerings. We proceeded to our room, the furniture placement seemed odd an we were unable to adjust the room temperature . We had appetizers and drinks in the hotel bar, the bartenders were friendly, chatty and the food reasonably priced and tasty. Club Lounge breakfast was fine the next morning.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Big D,

Thank you for the outstanding review! We thank you for choosing us while in the Oklahoma City area and look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My 82-year-old husband was traveling to Midwest City by himself, and I was concerned. Originally, the block of rooms for the training conference was filled. I was calling to see how far the Hampton Inn was from the Sheraton. Pierce Logan answered the phone and went out of his way to help me. He found a room at the Sheraton so my husband wouldn't have to travel back and forth for classes. Service was first and foremost in his mind, and he did an outstanding job.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Chelley W,

Thank you for the very kind words. I will let Logan know and make sure that we continue to provide a great level of service to all of our guests.

Thank you!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel. A year ago things were not so bad or maybe we just had a better room then! The hotel is a bit dated. The lobby and restaurant areas are nice, but the guest rooms need some updating and a thorough cleaning. We stayed during a very busy weekend, hotel was full Saturday night. However that is not an excuse to not clean a room or at least offer fresh towels if housekeeping could not get to all rooms. I have since learned that they were out of fresh towels!! Really, this is a big hotel and they should be prepared for the number of guest. Even worse on our second night (Sat), when getting ready for bed, my daughter noticed a couple little black bugs crawling on the pillow of one of the beds. Inspecting that bed I found several more!!!!! I inspected the other bed and things looked OK except for a really stained comforter, that I immediately removed. I do not believe these were bedbugs, but maybe carpet beetles? I have picture that I will try to post. Either way, something you do not want to share a bed with!!!! Hotel was full, and all I could find in the area were as well. So no options and early Sunday morning schedule. So we made the most trying to sleep in the one bed. Was told by front desk that they would have housekeeping look into bug situation. No Call Back from the Manager, No offer of compensation nor even an apology for our inconvenience. I emailed corporate customer service, NO Response from them either!! I do expect more from this hotel. We don't plan on returning. I really hate that there are so few hotel options in this area if Midwest City is your destination. If you do end up here, give your beds a thorough inspection before crawling under the covers!!

Room Tip: All Rooms we have stayed in have been loud. Thin walls, so if there is any activity in the halls or someone coughs or laughs in the next room, you will hear it! Room 522 was were we had bugs!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MWS787

Dear MWS787,

Thank you for your comments and concerns. I do apologize for all that you encountered while staying at the property. With your comments I am able to take these to our team to make future improvements. I am excited to say that we are planning many updates to the hotel in the recent future. I am hoping you will give us another chance to experience a different stay!