“Good customer service, nice rooms, great amenities” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Midwest City Hotel

Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Midwest City
Indian Trail, North Carolina
“Good customer service, nice rooms, great amenities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

There is a covered garage w/ free parking.
The front desk personal were helpful and informative.
We thought we had a gas leak, the response was quick and the problem was explained and solved. Our room, just wasn't used in a while so the electric heating had an odd smell, that went away as soon as we left the door open for a little bit.
The rooms were clean and very spacious.
They have little extra's that really add a lot. There was fresh lemon water in the lobby.
They did not have a microwave in our room, but there was one to use by the ice machine.
The only complaints were the water cooler was empty in the fitness room and the pool felt slimy.

Room Tip: We were surprised because we thought we would have issues being near the elevator, but it was very q...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The staff works hard to fix any problems as soon as they arise. The room was clean but they are quite small. Our shower head was like needles hitting your skin and couldn't be adjusted although they had had some water pipe flush the day we arrived and their water pressure was really hard. I don't know if that had something to do with it. Maintenance came to look at it because I though the shower head was broke and wouldn't adjust anymore but he said they didn't adjust. Not the end of the world of course but I could t imagine a child taking a shower in that. It was just an awfully cheap shower head for a Sheraton.

Otherwise a very nice place to stay!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Durant, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Midwest City's Sheraton has so much potential to be a wonderful hotel, however, the staff just doesn't seem to care. With some proper management, this hotel could easily be four stars. I stayed two nights on a business trip; we used the Reed Conference Center--which is attached to the hotel--as well as the hotel restaurant, Emerald's. The staff was not welcoming and acted as if serving us was a real inconvenience.
When I checked in, the front desk clerk was on the phone with a co-worker in housekeeping; she asked for my name and did the entire transaction while she chatted on the phone. She handed me the key cards and when I asked what the room number was, she pointed to where she had written the room number on the card sleeve along with the price of the room. I was left to figure out where the elevator and my room were located on my own.
The room has nice furnishings and is very roomy. There is a huge desk and I really liked the blinds that rolled down so no sunlight could peek in. The bathroom doors are small French doors with frosted glass--I loved them—even though you had to close them in order to use the toilet. The bed was very comfortable. They provide a refrigerator and a complimentary bottle of water. As other reviewers have mentioned, the room had not been thoroughly cleaned. There was a child's bow (as in a "bow & arrow") under the foot of the bed, bobby pins all over the floor underneath the bedside table, and 2 green M&M's under the desk.
The carpet edges and the bathroom were the most noticeable as far as being in need of cleaning—see the attached photo. The shower curtain was in need of a bleach wash and was not wide enough to completely enclose the shower, so it was a little breezy…wouldn’t have been so bad it the tub wasn’t so narrow and the curtain wasn’t constantly hitting your nakedness! And, the tub had a constant drip even though they encourage guests to “go green”. When I placed the “green” door hanger on my door stating that I didn’t need new towels and linens, I received a $5 voucher under my door. The voucher is good anywhere in the hotel—however, the front desk clerk had no idea what voucher I was talking about when I asked her if it was good in the restaurant. Anyway…I used it and they accepted it with no questions. The food was awesome! I highly recommend the burger and fries! So good! Again…the staff! Ugh! The service was slow and my server only came to my table 3 times—to take my order, to bring my order, and to bring the bill. Other than that, the three servers stood around the bar and talked.
The conference center was nice, even if a bit dated. The meals/snacks were probably the best I’ve eaten at a conference. Really—the food was delicious! However, again, the staff just didn’t seem to care. The room was set up terribly. The staff came in and out all through our opening assembly—even though we ate before the meeting started. The kitchen door is at the front of the room (left side) and the table of breakfast food was set up on the right side of the room; therefore, the staff kept coming in and out and walking directly in front of our speaker. They could have easily waited to clear our breakfast dishes and food after our opening assembly because we dismissed to other meeting rooms, or they could have at the very least walked on the outside of tables. It was very distracting and several of us couldn’t believe they kept doing it.
The conference center did provide nice pens and notepads as well as hard candy on all of our small groups’ tables. And, the snacks were wonderful. The only other annoying item concerning the conference center are the small glasses. After two drinks, our glasses were empty and we would have to get up and refill.
There is a large Wal-Mart across the street--go buy some houseshoes to use in your room. You'll survive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kings Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Although there are other hotels that are closer to where I work, I travel to this one because the staff is so incredibly friendly. The people at the front desk always give a warm welcome which is great after a long day and the concierge in the club lounge doesn't just go the extra mile, she goes the extra 100 miles to make sure you have anything that would make your stay more relaxing. Consistently, this is the best hotel I stay at and I travel all over.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Round Rock, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I had one of the worst night's sleeps ever! There was a party going on right above me on the fifth floor club, and that lasted well past midnight. I was on the fourth floor which is the "preferred guests" area. There is hardly any sound proofing, to the point that I almost walked out. You can hear every word spoken out in the hall, and I mean EVERY word, all night long. The party I mentioned earlier, after they were kicked out of the club area, was brought down to the fourth floor. So loud, that people were yelling "shut up!" from outside their doors. It felt like my door is wide open, it's so easy to hear what goes on in the hallway.

On a different note, the floor did not seem like it was vacuumed recently. My baby kept finding things to put in her mouth. I actually stepped on someone's disgusting acrylic nail that stuck to the bottom of my sock. Nasty!!

I will not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

This used to be our home away from home hotel. I would take the kids once a month to stay and have slumber parties. The indoor pool is great in the winter time. Rooms are a little small and the beds are a little hard but all in all it's a nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Eric R, General Manager at Sheraton Midwest City Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. This will allow our team to help make sure that guests have a comfortable stay while in Midwest City.

Eric
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

In my opinion: I booked club level for the convenience factor. The club level lounge remained closed the entire visit. No evening reception. No breakfast. My room was dirty - and I do not mean just a little dirty. I got water on the tiny bathroom counter. I wiped it down with a towel. The towel was black. Filthy. There was a pierced earring back from the last guest on the floor. Since there was not an evening reception with drinks/finger food, I ventured downstairs to eat. (REMEMBER THAT I PAID EXTRA FOR THE CLUB LEVEL FLOOR/ROOM).. The food in the dining room was just ok. What bothered me most though... I inquired about the local beer they were advertising. After talking with the waitress about the beer, I chose not to order local brew and ordered a light beer instead. I was about half way through the light beer when the waitress walked over with 2 bottles of local brew wheat beer. She asked if I wanted to try one of them. After having had a conversation that I did not want to chance the local brew and not like it, resulting in pouring it out, AND based on the fact that she said "would you like to try one", and since the evening reception at club lounge had been canceled, I assumed she was offering. Not the case. The beer was terrible. I ended up pouring it out - but I got to pay for it on the bill nonetheless. So one night in the hotel - and I was out the door the next morning. I will NOT stay at this property again. period.

Room Tip: In my opinion - you want a good room - stay at another hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Donna H
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay. Without comments such as yours, this would not allow me to make our hotel a better place to stay. I will take all of your comments / concerns to the team for improvements and resolution.

Eric
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midwest City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Midwest City - Tinker AFB
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midwest City
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb
Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)
BEST WESTERN PLUS Midwest City Inn & Suites
Candlewood Suites Midwest City

Been to Sheraton Midwest City Hotel? Share your experiences!