“Under renovation”

Super 8 Midwest City OK
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Midwest City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I thought I drove up to a Motel 6 when I arrived. It was cleverly disguised as a Super 8 only because the sign said so! All the rooms had exterior access only, no hallways. The room is very small with outdated furnature. The bathroom only had a shower, no tub. I'm 5'10" and had to duck to rinse soap off my face because the shower head was about 5'6" above the floor. Also there was no soap dish or shelf in the shower so all shampoo and soup had to be dropped to floor while in use. This creates a very bad tripping or slip hazard. Altogether, a very bad experience. I know the Super 8 is economy lodging, but this was bad even for them

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I've never been in such a nasty hotel , my room smelled so bad that I used two whole bottle of febreeze and still didn't Help . I asked for another room and was told there was one open to go check it out , so I did .. It smelled just as bad .. The breakfast was nasty , the rooms r small .., just a very bad experience and never again will I stay in something like that!!! I would rather sleep in my car

• Stayed June 2012
ABQNM
Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

I volunteer for an animal rescue organization out of Albuquerque, NM, and as part of my job, I occasionally have need to arrange and participate in long-distance transports involving multiple pets. I work with cats, but I have many friends who do things like this for dogs, too. It's not easy to find motels that are friendly to people with a half-dozen or more animals, but I've always found Motel 6s very accomodating to the special requirements of me and my furry travelling companions.

In August 2011, I helped a woman in dire financial straits move 11 cats from Albuquerque to her mother's house in Boston, otherwise they would have ended up in the shelter. I raised money to rent a huge SUV, and we just hopped in and drove 'em out there, a 3-day trip. A trip like this in 100+ degree weather is a totally grueling ordeal and a logistical nightmare as the animals can never be left in a vehicle for even a short time, but it's 2400 miles, so overnight stops (i.e. sleep) are not optional.

We stopped near OK City and stayed at this location. What can I say? It's a Motel 6. I've been around the block a few times, and spent nights in 4-star hotels and filthy junkie squats and a back alley or two. This is a fine place to sleep on a long road trip. The rooms were basic and clean. Large enough to allow us to easily lay out multiple litter boxes and dishes for the cats. We told the desk we "had pets", but of course never mentioned 11 cats (minor sins of omission come with the territory in my line of work). However, staff didn't bat an eye as we brought in cat carrier after cat carrier. Special thanks to the housekeepers who had to vacuum up a fair bit of spilled litter, and didn't ding my credit card for an extra cleaning fee, though they would have been perfectly within their rights to do so.

Pool area right outside the room was very noisy with a large multi-family group out swimming all morning, which kept us from sleeping in (we were travelling at odd hours to avoid the worst heat) but can't blame 'em, it was 104 degrees! Wish I had had time to take a dip myself. Small but very clean and inviting-looking pool.

Room we stayed in was cat-safe, no open plumbing access holes or other ways for cats to get lost. Beds on solid pedastels, which helps a lot. Extracting frightened kitties from under beds is no fun, and I've had to toss rooms police-style in the past to find and catch them.

Bathroom wasn't up to the standards of the gal I was travelling with, but she was a bit compulsive on that subject. Much cleaner than my own loo, honestly, and I had no issues...

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank RoadWarrior42
Camden, NJ
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Forced to stay overnight when experiencing car trouble on a road trip. Asked a cab driver to bring me to the closest hotel which was the Super 8. It looked kind of seedy so I opted for the Motel 6 instead.

Alison, the woman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. She called me once I got settled in the room to see if I was satisfied. The room was clean and pretty comfortable. For $40 you can't beat the value.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midwest City
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb
Best Western Plus Midwest City Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Midwest City - Tinker AFB
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
#5 of 10 in Midwest City
Candlewood Suites Midwest City

Been to Super 8 Midwest City OK? Share your experiences!