“It Did the Job”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Midwest City
Charlotte, North Carolina
“It Did the Job”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights with three members of my family. The location was perfect because it was just a few miles away from my niece’s house, and we were in town for her graduation. There weren’t many restaurants to choose from though and this hotel doesn't have a restaurant so you can't order room service. But it was convenient to be across the street from Walmart. The hotel is right off one of the main highways, making it easy to drive everywhere we needed to go (graduation, Bricktown, etc.).

Since the word “suite” is in the title of this hotel name, I didn’t expect both double beds to be right next to each other. I should have asked if there was a room with a separate living area with a pull out couch, but my mom, brother, and sister in law roughed it sleeping right next to each other. Other Holiday Inn’s have a better set up to give parties of four privacy, so I must admit this room was tight. I didn’t say anything because I figured as a priority club member, I probably got the best they had, especially considering I reserved the room 5 months in advance.

Anyway, we enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub while we were there. And, we ate the complimentary breakfast every day. The coffee was a bit weak but the food choices were pretty good.

While in OKC, we had fun at Toby Keith’s restaurant in Bricktown and took a water taxi tour. That wasn’t a bad way to kill some time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JuJu49er
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midwest City, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear JuJu49er,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Should your travel brings you back to Midwest City, we hope you would give us another chance to serve you again.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a great place to stay right off of I 40. The rooms and service are great. Plus the breakfast service is very good. It is very clean. The pool and workout area are excellent. It is located near Tinker AFB. Plus it close to downtown.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Reviewer567
Kent
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have stayed here a couple times for business and while their internet service is slow it was convenient to Tinker AFB. This last trip, there was a plumbing issue and after trying unsuccessfully to get the front desk on the phone at 5am, I came down to find the front desk clerk talking with the food service person in the kitchen. I explained the issue in my room and was told there was no maintenance person in yet. 5 hours and 3 phone calls later, still nobody showed up to fix the plumbing issue. Thankfully my trip was cut short and I checked out 2 days early.

Room Tip: Get a room above the first floor if you don't like crickets in your room since this is a problem...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midwest City, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear SeanFromKent,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding maintenance and the slow internet. We will address these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I appreciate the predictability of the Holiday Inn Express chain. The rooms are always clean and the beds comfortable. If you are looking for a picturesque location, this is not for you! It is located right off the highway on a busy intersection, across from Wal-Mart. If you're looking for easy access to the airport and traveling for business this fits the bill!

• Stayed April 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed there for more than a week. The hotel is clean and well appointed. Not so many restaurants around, but I liked the quiet area with no fast food smell. Just drive for less than 2 miles to 29th Street to find the places to eat. Staff was nice. Overall, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The desk staff were very nice and helpful - even put out hot, freshly-baked cookies for the guests. The lobby area was very pretty for a hotel in this price range and we enjoyed watching the news in the morning during breakfast. We had no beef with the channel that was on - enjoyed it instead. The breakfast was not as bountiful as what we had expected after looking up the hotel on the internet but it was a bit more than the usual muffin, bagel, or cold cereal.
We did not have any trouble with the bedding or see any suggestion of bed bugs. The room was very clean and the bathroom was exceptionally nice. We did not mind the Walmart across the street because we needed to go there anyway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gingerkat121
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Well-appointed, clean and pleasant. Breakfast is a good value (though the TV in the dining area is on WAY too loud, and watching Fox News propaganda is not my idea of a pleasant dining experience). Good location (nothing the hotel can do about the lousy view of the hideous Wal-Mart) an pleasant staff. We will return.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midwest City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Midwest City - Tinker AFB
Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)
BEST WESTERN PLUS Midwest City Inn & Suites
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
#4 of 10 in Midwest City
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb
Candlewood Suites Midwest City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midwest City? Share your experiences!