“Needs some work.”

Primo's d'Italia-Midwest City
Ranked #28 of 77 Restaurants in Midwest City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sooner Rd
“Needs some work.”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We wanted to take my parents out to experience some culture during our visit to OK. They don't get out very much so a show and dinner sounded like just the thing.

My bf bought us tickets to see Jacob Marley's Christmas Carol. We all agreed to dine before. Because of the Thunders game, most of the higher end restaurants were booked during the time that we intended to eat. This created an issue so we decided to "wing it".

We saw Primo's and were seated immediately because the place was unoccupied (maybe a sign?). The booth they had chosen for us was torn open and stuffing was popping out. Naturally it was not a problem to change seats because no one else was there. We were settled next to the bathrooms, but at this point lets just have a meal and get to the show right.

The server was polite yet lacked experience. We ordered our starters and entrees. My salad was drenched in dressing so I failed to eat it. We ordered wine that was set down on table for us to manage the opening and serving of ourselves. When the entrees had arrived one of them had obviously been ready at the time of the starters and was simply reheated. The food was bland and overly buttered.

I feel silly for not realizing right away that we had walked into a run down chain restaurant but I also feel that even these guys were clearly dropping the ball.

• Visited December 2012

Kansas City, Missouri
“Servers Need Training”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This restaurant has just about everything it needs to excel--except well-trained servers. Example: training servers not to argue over who is going to "cover this table" in front of diners. Also, servers need to get the entire table's drink order before walking away to put in the order for two out of a table of 7. Servers should also know the menu and avoid appearing "put out" (asking "are you staying longer") when diners wish to linger for conversation after the meal (it was nowhere near closing time and the restaurant was not busy). Food was average, drinks average, prices okay. Perhaps a little work on food presentation would be helpful, too. Entrees were glopped onto the plate, temperature of food was just a bit more than warm. This restaurant could be very good, but needs to work on the basics.

• Visited November 2012
Hampstead, Maryland
“velvetta? Really?”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Large family went there for dinner on a Saturday night. It was not crowded and we wondered why. Well it was not exactly italian food. My spinach canneloni was covered in velvetta sauce and had hard bits of chicken in it. Only bright spot was the server who was excellent.

Visited October 2012
“Could so easily have been better”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The food here was very good, the service not so hot! We went in at 9:00 pm and I know that's an hour before close but...it was a full 15 minutes before our drink order was taken and at least another until our dinner order was taken..so it was very near closing time when we finally got our food. But I don't think that should have affected our service, I would just liked to have my tea glass refilled! The waitress who was very nice came back once and did get refills for my son and daughter and then again when we were almost finished and my glass was nearing empty she got away so fast I didn't even get a chance to ask for a refill. She could see my empty glass..but..no refill. Now I am sure they were wanting us to leave because it was actually 10:18 when we walked out but they could have gotten our drinks and dinner order quicker instead of letting 30 minutes go by. So I am only giving 3 stars. This is the kind of thing that keeps me from going back to a place. My thing is: DO your job! Whatever it is just do it and do it well because when you don't the reputation of that place is hurt.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Debbyjl
Kansas City, Missouri
“Not Bad”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Average American take on Italian food. Service is usually pretty good. Tends to get loud, especially if you are seated next to a large table.

Visited October 2012