“Throwback Pub”

Chequers Resturant and Pub
Ranked #26 of 83 Restaurants in Midwest City
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This isn't your typical American food place (like Ruby Tuesdays, TGIFridays, Applebees, etc.). It's got its own "style" and it's a throwback to the good old days. Yeh, it might have a sassy waitress or two, but in the end, she'll make you laugh and enjoy the food. The place might not be as clean as a new place, but that doesn't bother me unless a cockroach leaps out from under a plate (and it DID NOT happen to us!) Relax and enjoy a taste of the good old days. But, for you out-of-towners, remember that the beer is 3.2....tastes like a glass of water with a shot of beer in it.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have been going here for a lot of years. Now I only get to eat when I visit home. They have great food, the soups are homemade, their specials are always great and the service is awesome, especially if you become a regular. When I visit my faves are fried zucchini, homemade chips, and their sirloin. If you have never been its a great family restaurant.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've been going here since I was a little kid and it's alwasy been great! They have such a wide variety of cuisines, about anything you could want, besides oriental! They even have a boca burger on their menu, it's rare to see that! The prices are phenomenal for what you get! They have a signature spinach dip that is the best sauce you could almost ever imagine! Bottom line, these cats rock! Pay them a visit!

1  Thank brandOWNage
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Have been here twice, this place has been around for at least 30 yrs and looks like it! its dirty, run down, needs a serious remodel, and food is bad. too expensive for what u get.

1  Thank banburyokie
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had to fit in a quick lunch during a seminar in Midwest City, and found this to be a good place for it. They had a good selection of various types of foods. They have American, pasta, Mexican. They pushed their "amazing spinach dip" on the menu so we tried some fried veggies with it. I couldn't tell that there was much spinach in the dip but it was good.
Our entrees were also tasty and the service was good. The building was beginning to show its age a bit, especially the carpet. However, the decor was interesting, with plenty of model cars, model motorcycles and other memorabilia we enjoyed looking at.
Overall, if I were in Midwest City, I'd go here again.