“nice and clean and new but did not like bed”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Midwest City - Tinker AFB
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Midwest City
mothspaul
“nice and clean and new but did not like bed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

new and nice. very clean. the only complaint was I did not like the mattress. It was a king size and I normally like soft mattresses, but this one was either too soft, or worn out. All of the other furniture was new, so I doubt if it was worn out. I liked the 4 small pillows, but my spouse did not. He called them Salvo tablet pillows. You have to be around in the 1960's to remeber the Salvo tablet laundry detergent. They were small and square. If you used 2, they were fine, though. I agree with the other person that said the shower was great and had great water pressure. Overall good, but I think I prefer the Comfort Inn at Quail Springs because of the mattress. Also, we tried to get directions from the front desk and the man on duty at night could not give us an idea of where to find restraunts. We were really close to some good ones, we found out the next day, but ended up eating at fast food because we could not find the area locations. Need to have better info on where to eat and directions.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mothspaul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2009

I really like this hotel. It's a great room near Tinker AFB.
Internet, parking, breakfast, and the pool is all included in the room rate. I have to pay extra to get that near Bricktown; I wish this hotel was closer to Bricktown.
I was unable to connect to the free wireless. I called tech support and they were willing to help but I was too tired to go through troubleshooting. Tech support suggested I use the wired internet and it fit the bill for me.
The staff is very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
lawrenceville,ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2009

I just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and the Comfort Inn which are right next door to each other. The rooms are equally comfortable and quite similar. The breakfast at the Comfort Inn was not nearly as nice as the Holiday Inn. The lobby was smaller and the business center was also a bit cramped. The front desk were always pleasant and helpful. My first night was fine. The second night was HORRIBLE as there was a soccer team staying at this location and they were running rampant. They had ice and trash strewn all over the hallway. The boys next door to me were banging on the walls until 2:00 a.m. I called the front desk and Sarah was prompt about coming up to check on the noise and tell them that they had to settle down. This appears to be a recurring problem in my business travels and I am amazed at parents who have not set guidelines for their children and simply go to bed. I finally slept with my head away from the wall, as they were still making noise an hour later but they were in their room. The location is good, as it is a quick trip to area restaurants, Wal-Mart, pharmacy and Fed Ex.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank motherjanegoose
Colonial Heights, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2008

I have stayed here twice in the past month and will definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. The location is great to Tinker and there are so many restaurants nearby that you won't be disappointed. The hotel staff is so friendly and each time, I have stayed until the last minute prior to check-out and have never been bothered by a maid wanting to clean the room prior to check-out. The breakfast was my best experience so far compared to any Holiday Inn or Comfort Inn. Cheese, canned and fresh fruit in addition to egg sandwiches with bacon or sausage were a pleasant addition. I also loved that it was open until 10:00 am which allowed us to fully enjoy my summer vacation.

The pool was bigger than the Comfort Inn at Quail Springs and the breakfast was better.

The only downfalls are that the exercise room needs newer equipment and the pillows are old.

Since the hotel has smoking and non-smoking rooms, if you are allergic to smoke, do not stay on the 4th floor.

Overall, no complaints, love the hotel staff, and will stay here again.

• Liked — EVERYTHING
  • Disliked — Pillows and outdated exercise equipment
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank LoriLions
Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2008

We stayed here as it was one of the closest lodging accomodations to Tinker AFB that still had vacancies due to the air show.

My husband and I were very pleased with our room. It was very clean and comfortable. We both agreed that we enjoyed the shower that had outstanding water pressure!!! There is nothing like a good shower!!

Free wireless Internet throughout the facility was great making it nice to use poolside! There was a great selection of TV channels for late night viewing.

Breakfast was a bit on the boring side, but hey, you really couldn't complain with today's food prices!

Our only complaint was that we wished they had thicker pillows, so if you stop in on a road trip, bring your own!!!

• Liked — location to major highway, restuarants, etc!
  • Disliked — pillows too small and fluffy
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank MGoBlueFan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midwest City
Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midwest City
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Midwest City Tinker Afb
BEST WESTERN PLUS Midwest City Inn & Suites
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
#5 of 10 in Midwest City
Candlewood Suites Midwest City

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Midwest City - Tinker AFB? Share your experiences!