“Worst hotel ever NOT SAFE FOR FAMILIES”

Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Midwest City
Texas
“Worst hotel ever NOT SAFE FOR FAMILIES”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My son and I went to visit my grandmother and we stayed at this hotel. On the first night the AC broke and it never got fixed the entire 3 night stay.

On the last night we were there a drunk man tried breaking into our room. And verbally attacked us and tried to physically come after us and he was so drunk he feel to the ground. (Thank goodness) The hotel called 911 because he was not a registered guest at the hotel and the man was arrested and even assaulted the police as they tried to handcuff him. My son was crying and would not go to sleep that night because he was afraid the man was going to come back and hurt us.

After I got home I had a survey from corporate, so I decided to fill it out and let them know what happened. It has been over a year and the issue is still not resolved. I told them I would like a refund and they said NO. I have gone through customer service as well as guest relations and it is still not resolved.

The way this hotel treated me is the worst I have ever been treated. I was a mother traveling with a small child and was not safe in my own room at this hotel and the manager nor corporate want to do anything about it.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
jrsent1, Manager at Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base), responded to this review, August 18, 2010
This guest booked employee rate at our hotel and is not an employee of any of our branded properties.... Since we did not honor the employee rate.... the guest joined trip advisor and wrote this review.

Hampton Inn offers 100% satisfaction guarantee... If we as a hotel would not take care of this guest, Hampton would and then charge us for intervening.... therefore it is in our best interest to make the guest happy.

None of these events happened.. Our staff and company are committed to customer service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Arizona
Reviewed June 7, 2007

We found the hotel to be clean. Rooms had mini-refridgerators, microwave and coffee maker, iron and ironing board. Rooms had free high-speed Internet access.

Beds were queen size and comfortable. The pillows were not very nice - too big and hard.

The location is right off I-40, you can see the hotel from the hwy,
and as a previous reviewer said you do have to go down a frontage road etc. to get to it. They offered AAA discounts.

We would definately stay here again.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — Pillows
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hampton1833, Manager at Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base), responded to this review, September 20, 2016
timbuck2mom,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay all those years ago. If you are ever in the area again and in need of a room i would love to show you how great we still are.
Lansing, MI
Reviewed April 2, 2005

We stayed here just one night but would not hesitate to come here again. Fast and friendly check-in, excellent exercise room, fantastic complimentary high-speed internet connection. It is a bit difficult to find the entrance however. We could see the hotel but had to navigate through several intersections before we could find the entrance. Better directions in the Hampton Inn Directory would have helped.

• Stayed April 2005
2 Thank SpartanFan
Margaret,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 25, 2003

When one of my kids graduates from 6th grade we go to a motel for the week end. I was very disappointed in the Hampton Inn. Before I booked our reservations I ask about the temperature of the swimming pool. I was told it was heated to a temperature of 98 degrees. However, when we went to get into it it was heated to a temperature of aproximately 70 degrees plus, they had the air conditioning going in the pool room on a week end when the highest temp. was aproximately 60 degrees. Also, housekeeping is really bad. I had to go to the desk everyday to get enough washclothes for our room. We had 4 people in the room and they never left more then 3 washclothes. The first day our room wasn't even vacuumed nor was the coffee service replaced. The second day it took from 10 in the morning when I took the kids to the pool until 2 in the afternoon to get my room cleaned. We had to go someplace else because the maid wouldn't even come into the room to clean with us there. I would not recommend the Hampton Inn in Midwest City to anyone.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
We have done a lot of work to improve over the years. We would love to show you how much we have improved.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midwest City
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
Sheraton Midwest City Hotel
#5 of 10 in Midwest City
Candlewood Suites Midwest City

Been to Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)? Share your experiences!